Olight i3S

I have just the body of one. Was on a keychain, head must have unscrewed all the way.

The i1R 2 is pretty sweet, the first "twist on" light I've seen that has the head retained at all times, can't lose it.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Does anyone know of an online source that still has the Olight I3S for sale?

Oh man, I miss those little lights. I must have gifted over 100 of them, I gave them away like candy. EVERYONE liked them, and people would remember me years later, LOL.

Anyway, I just had to find a replacement, so I bought a 10-pack of the ThruNite Ti3 EDC Cree XP-G2 R5 AAA Torch Max120 Lumens LED Flashlight, Mini, Cool White

I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. This light is basically identical to the
Olight I3S. It comes with very nice packaging (the Olight I3S packaging got real shoddy towards the end), and a keychain, and a pocket clip. Similar modes and output. Same AAA battery. I honestly think the quality on the Thrunite is BETTER than the Olight I3S. The Thrunite is $16 if you buy just one, then $14 each if you buy 10. So I say buy 10 and give away a bunch!! I am working on giving away my 3rd 10-pack, I've only got 4 left. So I've gifted 26 of the Thrunites so far, haha!

Good luck. You'll like the light, guaranteed. :)

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
...Anyway, I just had to find a replacement, so I bought a 10-pack of the ThruNite Ti3 EDC Cree XP-G2 R5 AAA Torch Max120 Lumens LED Flashlight, Mini, Cool White...

Chevy-SS, have you noticed if all the Ti3s (V2, I assume) you purchased lately use the dreaded next-mode memory? I've been looking for the first version with the hybrid memory.

Vemice

Enlightened
Chevy-SS, have you noticed if all the Ti3s (V2, I assume) you purchased lately use the dreaded next-mode memory? I've been looking for the first version with the hybrid memory.

Great point. I had one and returned it. It was horrible. Never knew which level it come on to. I liked the host so much, I got another and had it modded by Vinh. Unfortunately not cheap.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened

The mode is basic and simple; Lo-Med-Hi-Lo-Med-Hi-Strobe. If you shut the light off for a few seconds, then turn it back on, it will start the sequence all over again from the beginning, i.e., Lo-Med-Hi-Lo-Med-Hi-Strobe.

I will say again, these are terrific little lights. I was very bummed when Olight I3S lights went away, but I am totally satisfied with this Thrunite as a substitute for the Olight. In fact, the quality control on the Thrunite appears much better than the Olights IMHO.........

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
The mode is basic and simple; Lo-Med-Hi-Lo-Med-Hi-Strobe. If you shut the light off for a few seconds, then turn it back on, it will start the sequence all over again from the beginning, i.e., Lo-Med-Hi-Lo-Med-Hi-Strobe.

Thank you for the info! So, at least in your current batch (what about previous batches?), the Ti3 doesn't automatically switch to the next mode after it's off for any period of time? If yes, I might take a chance and order one via Amazon or ThruNite's site.

Vemice

Enlightened
Thank you for the info! So, at least in your current batch (what about previous batches?), the Ti3 doesn't automatically switch to the next mode after it's off for any period of time? If yes, I might take a chance and order one via Amazon or ThruNite's site.

I had a few email conversations with Thrunite about the NMM UI. It seems things got really messed with this model in the V2 version. If I recall correctly, the aluminum versions were hit-and-miss for NMM. All the titanium were NMM.
I had to have Vinh mod one for me because I really liked the look of the light and the price for a titanium (if it really is) was very good.
I also have an original aluminum version, several years old that is still going strong. Great little lights. Too bad they had this issue.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened

I will simply repeat what I posted earlier, but will expand it to include ALL of the 30 lights I have ordered so far: The mode is basic and simple; Lo-Med-Hi-Lo-Med-Hi-Strobe. If you shut the light off for a few seconds, then turn it back on, it will start the sequence all over again from the beginning, i.e., Lo-Med-Hi-Lo-Med-Hi-Strobe.

Apparently I have not yet run into any of the "V2" versions that @Vemice mentioned.

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
I will simply repeat what I posted earlier, but will expand it to include ALL of the 30 lights I have ordered so far: The mode is basic and simple; Lo-Med-Hi-Lo-Med-Hi-Strobe. If you shut the light off for a few seconds, then turn it back on, it will start the sequence all over again from the beginning, i.e., Lo-Med-Hi-Lo-Med-Hi-Strobe.

Apparently I have not yet run into any of the "V2" versions that @Vemice mentioned.

Excellent, Chevy-SS! That's the info I was looking for. Thank you for the update.

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
I found some new Olight i3s's on ledscherp.nl. Just bought one, definitely old new-stock, the included alkaline batt had already leaked (BBF date: 2019), but luckily it isn't installed in the light, so no harm done.
The site is in Dutch only, so let Google translate be your guide. "Zoek" means search, from there you can find your way.
Shipping to US is same price as the i3s however (€26, about $30 I think)