The Best Batteries to Stock Up On.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

These are what I commonly use in flashlights and all other devices. I also review a portable battery station (this item sent to me for review), and a really bright portable lighting solution.

If you know of a great cell please post in the comments so we can all benefit from your experience.

bignc

Enlightened
Nice video! If I knew someone starting out, they should just watch that and be good to go! ETA: Probably safer to send newbs to you so they don't catch my malkoff flu.

Keepower for 2*18650 and my 16340. Otherwise Sony 3400 and 3500 18650, eneloop and energizer lithium Aa and Aaa. For CR123, I have surefire, streamlight and rayovac depending on sales.
That battery station looks cool. I have a goal zero yeti that's ok if I need it!

I usually just do what HKJ or the consensus of a few others here say. Lol

Last edited:

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt - Thanks for the video. I've a question, not about the batteries, but rather about the Okpro. Do you have another solar generator to compare this to? I was all set on either the Jackery 500 or 1000 till I saw your video! The multiple a/c plugs make it better than the 500, but it looks like they won't accept a tri plug. Have you used it much since your initial review?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Flat-top high-current 18650s
Medium-current: Samsung INR18650-25R - AKA 25R - (2.5Ah, 20A rated current) is typically a bargain relative to most other cells out there
High-current: Molicel P26A (2.6Ah, 35A rated current) is one of the best cells around and also relatively inexpensive

I concur that the Samsung 30Q is a decent middle-of-the-road option, decent for the likes of the FW3A that benefits from the additional capacity but occasionally demands more juice than the ~3C/~10A that a high-density cell will struggle to deliver. Like most Samsung high-current cells I gather that its current capabilities are solidly in excess of the spec sheet maximum.

I'm sure all of the above are available from various resellers as button-top; I've no experience with those however since nothing I own demands button-top.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I agree on the Shockli 26650s I use them myself too and they`re good (I`m going to be testing a Vapecell version soon too), for 21700 I always use the Molicel P42A, also for the 18650s always Molicel P26A.
as for protection circuits (if you need them) rather than pay double the price for a cell because of it, learning to fit your own is a good idea, it only costs about a dollar then ;)

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Thanks for the info everyone... I've been away from the forums for quite a while. Just bought some new lights and also need to replace some old cells... This is information is very helpful in determining which cells offer high current, the best all-rounders, best value etc... Highly appreciated! :thumbsup: