BMW R100GS PD aux lights

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi folks,

My first post here in my long career here on CPF...
Anyhow i have done rebuilding my old faithfull R100GS and i want to add 2 aux lights on it's crashbars since stock square reflector beam is just awefull.
I've searched for options and none of them didn't convince me to go for it.
Since i'm moding my lights iwanted to use something where i'd be available to swap emitters to warmer ones since main light is incan.
Any suggestion is apreciated like model, manifacturer or evwn custom build.

Cheers
4e8921b3f9ba6b31ee7b78ccbe84dfa5.jpg

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure what lamps you have looked at so far, but if you are wanting a warmer white LED take a look at Diode Dynamics LED pods. They have a "Sport" and a "Pro" model. Each model is available in a Spot beam (not road legal), SAE auxiliary driving light (sae J581 compliant), pure flood (not road legal) and sae compliant fog lamp (Sports are J583F compliant, Pro's are J583 compliant [basically, the older standard]).

They are all available in a 6000k white option, or a "3000k" yellow version. The selective yellow versions use a 4000k white LED, and they recently started selling an optional clear lens, so you can buy the yellows and swap the lens/optic out yourself and have a 4000k auxiliary lamp.

Power draw is lower for the Sport model, but output is also lower. The diode dynamics site has their specs all clearly laid out.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Is this for use on public roads, or off the roads? What country are you in?

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx for inputs. Now i have some points what to look for.
I'm in Croatia, EU. Main purpose is to enhance crapy beam coming from square reflector (driving light) at night. What i need is flood light on both sides.
Spot lights are not much of a use ehere am driving.

Sent from Tapatalk

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx for inputs. Now i have some points what to look for.
I'm in Croatia, EU. Main purpose is to enhance crapy beam coming from square reflector (driving light) at night.
Part of what is keeping that stock lamp from working well is that grille right in front of it. If you can remove at least the three middle 'bars', it'll still keep some rigidity but less of the light will be blocked. The stock lamp may not be the greatest, but it's really hindered as it is.