New Fenix TK30 LEP White Laser Flashlight

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Searched around a bit and didn't see this one mentioned anywhere. It appears to have similar performance to the Acebeam W10 Gen 2, except having a much, much needed (IMO) low mode.

Strange they decided to re-use the TK30 naming (I classic I completely forgot about until seeing this naming).

Olight has a new LEP on the way, though it's output will be far less, according to their own specifications. Acebeam apparenly also have a few new LEP's up their sleeve on the way.

The TK30 could be a good fit for those who didn't get a chance to pick up a W10.

https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-tk30-white-laser-flashlight/

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Well, on paper, the TK30 actually goes to show what a monster the Acebeam W30 is. Then again, we know Acebeam can be a bit optimistic on their output specs, whereas Fenix would tend to be more conservative, so the gap might not be as big as paper is suggesting.

Overall though, the TK30 looks promising. My only concern is with Acebeam having new models coming out, the fear of this being outclassed when their released does come to mind. We will have to see what they come up with.

ICU812

Newly Enlightened
I've got a copy of this light. It completely out throws all of my other Fenix flashlights, including the HT18. Attached to my AR10 is where it will live. I don't have a lot of other lights to compare it to but I hope to have a video of it up soon. In the meantime, if anyone has any questions about the light, I'll do my best to provide some feedback.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
I've got a copy of this light. It completely out throws all of my other Fenix flashlights, including the HT18. Attached to my AR10 is where it will live. I don't have a lot of other lights to compare it to but I hope to have a video of it up soon. In the meantime, if anyone has any questions about the light, I'll do my best to provide some feedback.

Sounds like the throw is legit on this light. The fact that Fenix advertises this light as being weapon mountable must mean they have high confidence in it's durability, whereas with previous LEP's, durability is a concern. A video of the beam would be useful indeed.

Previously not showing much interest in LEP's, this new light has certainly sparked my interest.

Where I do have confusion is some of the specifications on candela and throw distance measurements that some of these manufacturers are giving. For example, Jetbeam just released a new model, M2S LEP that is claiming over 800,000 candela at 480lumens. Unless there is something I'm not understanding correctly, I have a hard time grasping how Jetbeam has managed to produce an astronomical higher amount of throw from a light of the same size and output as the Fenix at 363,000 candela, which is about where the Acebeam W10 is.

I have no doubts about the reliability, durability, and excellent warranty and customer service of Fenix. Hopefully, some of these will fall into the hands of reviewers soon.

ICU812

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like the throw is legit on this light. The fact that Fenix advertises this light as being weapon mountable must mean they have high confidence in it's durability, whereas with previous LEP's, durability is a concern. A video of the beam would be useful indeed.

Previously not showing much interest in LEP's, this new light has certainly sparked my interest.

Where I do have confusion is some of the specifications on candela and throw distance measurements that some of these manufacturers are giving. For example, Jetbeam just released a new model, M2S LEP that is claiming over 800,000 candela at 480lumens. Unless there is something I'm not understanding correctly, I have a hard time grasping how Jetbeam has managed to produce an astronomical higher amount of throw from a light of the same size and output as the Fenix at 363,000 candela, which is about where the Acebeam W10 is.

I have no doubts about the reliability, durability, and excellent warranty and customer service of Fenix. Hopefully, some of these will fall into the hands of reviewers soon.

This is my first LEP light. I've had a lot of other lights in LED that are throwers but I've never had a light with a beam as tight as this one. There literally is zero spill from what I can tell. For instance, I can shine the light down a long hallway and the hallway is still dark even though the beam is shinning through it. Once the beam hits a wall in the other room then light bounces around off that wall. But the beam has zero spill. It's amazing.

Let me say this though. I wanted to buy two, one to keep on my rifle and the other to edc. After purchasing the first one and using it I won't be buying a second to use as an edc. The beam is so tight that you can't see anything else in a room other than where the beam touches. If I use my PD36R I have a hotspot but also some spill that helps me to see everything else around me to some extent. Not so much with the TK30. Obviously that is not a con or knock on the light because I'm pretty sure it wasn't designed as an edc light. I had personally hoped I could use it for that. I may buy a second one for another rifle build but as it stands one is enough.

I did buy the fenix rifle mount and it works perfect for a 1913 picatinny rail.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow.... I saw this a week or two ago and have been wanting to see it in action. Pretty sweet tech. Fenix might not always make the details right (at least the way I want them haha) in their lights, but they have come out with some super innovative lights over the years.

Edit: That price though... just saw it lol. Ugh!! I should have imagined it would be so expensive for something overall pretty new and different.

Last edited:

ICU812

Newly Enlightened
Edit: That price though... just saw it lol. Ugh!! I should have imagined it would be so expensive for something overall pretty new and different.

There is quite a bit of tech in this light. I honestly thought it would come in at a higher price than what it did.

The 6061-T6 aluminum is a nice touch too IMO. I think Elzetta uses this same aluminum in their lights.

kj2

Flashaholic
There is quite a bit of tech in this light. I honestly thought it would come in at a higher price than what it did.

The 6061-T6 aluminum is a nice touch too IMO. I think Elzetta uses this same aluminum in their lights.
Fenix, and most others use 6061-T6.

ICU812

Newly Enlightened
Fenix, and most others use 6061-T6.

Fenix uses the T6 treatment in all of their lights? The description for the majority of their lights only state aircraft grade aluminum. Maybe you have more information or links?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I think this Technology is amazing, but then again I smile every time I use a microwave😁 I wouldn't mind getting one just to see how it is and to play with but think it's a very niche item. I think in one photo it shows a correctional officer using it to light up a cell. And that's a perfect example of what it's designed for. Now if they come out with a hybrid one. LEP in the center and a ring of LED's around it kinda like an A2 then I think there would be much more interest in it and you would have a led to light up and area and a LEP in the center to throw basically forever. Now that would be cool

Last edited:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Already available at dealers.

Do not see it at any US Dealers :sigh:

I think this Technology is amazing, but then again I smile every time I use a microwave I wouldn't mind getting one just to see how it is and to play with but think it's a very niche item. I think in one photo it shows a correctional officer using it to light up a cell. And that's a perfect example of what it's designed for. Now if they come out with a hybrid one. LEP in the center and a ring of LED's around it kinda like an A2 then I think there would be much more interest in it and you would have a led to light up and area and a LEP in the center to throw basically forever. Now that would be cool

Excellent idea!

busseguy

Enlightened
How is the durability on LEP lights? It makes me nervous seeing as how they have little mirrors inside to reflect the light. I take care of my stuff but accidents happen.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
How is the durability on LEP lights? It makes me nervous seeing as how they have little mirrors inside to reflect the light. I take care of my stuff but accidents happen.

Less durable than a standard LED light, how much so? IDK, enough that I wouldn't count on one in a mission critical [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]scenario[/FONT]. You'll notice Fenix has their's weapon mounted in their advertisement. Maybe they figured out a way to increase durability, hence the very high price.