Q&A from Patty @ Carley Lamps

soloco

Enlightened
I recently emailed Patty at Carley about a couple of issues that have been troubling me. 1) Why do the Star Lamps have lenses, 2) can we get detailed specifications on the filaments, and 3) will there be a web-based POS system in the future?

Here are her responses compiled from 2 emails:
Sorry to hear your feelings on the Star® lamps, although I might agree with you on this one...

As mentioned earlier, I do see some concerns come in on the lenses end Star®Lamps. There have been some customers who have had special runs made with out the lens - same specs all around - minus the lens. We certainly could do this for CPF Members. The only catch is the order would have to be prepaid, which is already done when group orders are placed so that would be no big deal really.

As far as filament information, we normally do not release this type of data. I have no problem helping with CPF Members in selecting the right lamp. Most times, it's the filament's L.C.L. that matters in flashlight applications. This is controlled when the lamps are potted in to the PR
bases.

Lastly, concerning the online ordering system, I doubt we will ever achieve this. There have been quite a few customers asking for this. At this time, our Sales Staff is short and until we can bring ourselves to a higher level then we are presently at, I do not foresee this happening anytime soon-unfortunately.

I then asked a followup question on whether or not they will make an axial filament for bulbs. Her response is below.

As far as the axial type filament, yes we can produce this. We are going it for a customer in a T-1 size package, so the larger ones should be no problem.

Just some interesting information for those CL group buyers out there. I wonder if I could get a great bulb like the 809 with an AXIAL filament! That should look pretty cool.

BTW, I let Patty know that all of us at CPF are very appreciative for her assistance in fueling or addiction! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif