Klarus        

Thread: Notification emails going to spam folder (Gmail)

Default Notification emails going to spam folder (Gmail)

Hi,

Since last week all notification emails are going to my spam folder in Gmail. I mark everyone of them NOT SPAM, but it doesn’t stop. Anyone knows why?
    The darkness is afraid of us.
    Flashlights are cheaper than therapy.

Default Re: Notification emails going to spam folder (Gmail)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LED View Post
    Hi,

Since last week all notification emails are going to my spam folder in Gmail. I mark everyone of them NOT SPAM, but it doesn’t stop. Anyone knows why?
    I haven't been receiving notifications from CPF since last week, and after reading your post, checked my spam folder. There they are.
    Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!
    Psalms 46:10

Mine too.

Yup - was happening to me too. I fixed it... now trying to think of how I did it...

I'll get back to you. It's not CPF, by the way... it's gmail.

Ok - you have to go to your gmail settings and click on the "filters and blocked addresses" tab. From there you need to "create a new filter". Then on the "From" line, you enter the email address your notifications in your spam folder are sent from. It should be Greta@candlepowerforums.com. But you should check first. Once you enter that on the From line, hit "create filter" and it will ask you what action to take. Choose "never send it to spam". Then finish out and save the setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Ok - you have to go to your gmail settings and click on the "filters and blocked addresses" tab. From there you need to "create a new filter". Then on the "From" line, you enter the email address your notifications in your spam folder are sent from. It should be Greta@candlepowerforums.com. But you should check first. Once you enter that on the From line, hit "create filter" and it will ask you what action to take. Choose "never send it to spam". Then finish out and save the setting.

I've had to do this months ago, after the last server attack or whatever it was. Still get them in my inbox though.
    "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."- Tennessee Williams

I don't get ANY email notifications from this forum.....and yes I checked my spam folder. NOTHING anywhere

Go to your settings and make sure that your email is correct and that you have the boxes checked for emails for subscribed threads, PMs etc. You may have to hit Save again to make sure the settings are in fact saved. When you subscribe to a thread also make sure you check Email rather than Control Panel.

That all checked out but I did update my email address again (although it was the SAME). Anyway that got me locked out of everything for a while until the system spit me out TWO different verification emails. The first one failed with an error message...but the second one worked.