Dragon Record Problem or Just Me?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is the record mode activated? It had recorded results all on its own, but now I can't enter the record mode. Unfortunately, I misplaced the instructions, but they were poorly written, incomplete, and the print is way too small.

Thanks for any help.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter, I did read that but remain unclear about some procedural details.

Three dashed lines appear after pressing the record/test button. 1) Does the record function only display results from the test mode or other functions too? As I mentioned, the unit had been recording some results automatically when I first got it - without pressing record first. 2) After pressing record/test do I double press display to exit and then proceed to charge or test and those results will be displayed once entering the record mode again?

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
On mine, from Charge Mode, I hold down the Right button and it goes into Test Mode. A record number shows in the middle of the screen with Record written under it. If I press the Right button again once it moves back a record and vice versa with the Left button. As I remember it automatically makes a record every time you do a test.
So long press left button toggles Refresh on and off. Long press right button toggles Test on and off.
Short press left button moves through the charging rates. Short press right button displays the records, then a short press on left button scrolls down the records and short press right button scrolls up.
Double click centre button returns to Home (Charge) screen.

Hope that helps, unless I've got the wrong end of the stick.
P

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Peter. 1) So only test results are recorded and not charge or refresh? 2)What's the difference between test and refresh? I know that I could just try each mode to see, but I'm lazy. The instructions you linked to are quite helpful for navigating the functions, but I'm also seeking details of the modes and what they're best for.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, only "Test" gets recorded.
"Test" does a Charge - Discharge - Charge cycle, which will give you a reasonably accurate (within the capabilities of the charger) of the capacity.
"Refresh" does a Discharge - Charge cycle which is useful to revive fading NiMh cells. I don't know if it has any improving effect on Li ions.
P

Tomaao

Newly Enlightened

I found a video tested and introduced each mode of this Dragon VP4 PLUS. Is it useful for you? jayflash