Chris Reeve Hollow Handle Knives

Blaine

Newly Enlightened
Anybody else have a thing for the Chris Reeve Hollow handle knives? I love mine, show me what you have. I'd love to see them all!

I have a #6 of 20 Prototype Nkonka, a Jereboam with sawback, a Project 2, and an Aviator.
If I knew how to post pictures I would post them. Lol

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a nice collection. Figure out how to post pics, love to see them! I've had quite a few hollow handles but never a Reeves.

nbp

Flashaholic
You can use a photo hosting site to post the images. Sounds like an awesome collection! I have some CRK folders but never any fixies.

Blaine

Newly Enlightened
I highly suggest that if you can find them and afford them you get one of the larger designs. Im not a fan of the 4 inch blade length on these knives. Anything above that and you will be extremely happy with it. Now to find a picture hosting website.

Cobra 6 Actual

Newly Enlightened
I have always wanted one of those but they are crazy expensive now. Sounds like a great collection.

I have a Chris Reeve Aviator. But I missed out on some of his larger knives. Just a suggestion, Agent Orange Peel: if you just want to try out a one-piece hollow handle knife Schrade makes several models, usually with a "SCHF" stock number. Before you go buy one know that these are not in any way substitutes for the Chris Reeve ones. First off, the steel is 1070 high carbon. Next, these knives, while solidly made, are crazy heavy. Third, the sheaths are those big, bulky 'tactical' nylon ones with bunches of pockets.

I have one of the large ones, Extreme Survival, and use it as a 'beater' ... perfect for that purpose.

Coutel

Newly Enlightened
Hi
I have a Chris Reeves Shadow III, my second one as I broke the first one some time ago (my fault). Also had a Sebenza, used as an everyday, but unfortunately misplaced it when I was getting divorced. Think my ex wife new partner now has it!

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one. Stolen 10 years ago. I miss it. I see they're going for $2500 now. I still wouldn't sell it.

Coutel

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm. In that case I have a Shadow III with pancake holster that I may consider selling. Will put an ad up later.

Blaine

Newly Enlightened
Only "Made in South Africa" models possibly go for that much. Standard US made models go from a few hundred to around a thousand depending on the model and its condition as well as the documentation it comes with.