The Fenix-Store        
Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2055

Thread: Coronavirus - II

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Coronavirus - II

They’d probably be good for mowing. Not everyone wears masks just for covid.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    You know.... That's honestly an excellent point. I just can't help thinking, knowing human nature; if I gave these away practically everyone who received one would wear them when out about in Public. And with masks, it really is about if everyone wore a mask, then people would be protected from other people's germs.

I mean, the mask you wear protects me from your germs. The one I wear protects you from mine. I don't think I'm doing a good job of conveying how that works.

Someone once told me a story about the difference between Heaven and Hell. (No worries, has nothing to do with organized religion.) So one day, during an odd get-together, residents of both were allowed to intermingle. Someone stuck in Hell was complaining that they were horribly, psychologically tortured. For example: A giant table with the finest foods was set before them. Huge, large table. Everyone sat around it. You could eat anything you wanted. As much as you wanted. Only rule was, you had to use a spoon issued to you to get the food into your mouth.

The torture was, the spoons were made up of an extremely light-weight material; and they were 9 feet long. And there was only a very small section of the spoon near the top where you could grip it. Enjoy! And, obviously the resident of Hell was complaining that everyday they sat there, unable to eat. Starving, until they were finally allowed to leave for the day. Just to come back in a few hours for more of the same. No one able to feed themselves.

The resident of Heaven admitted something rather odd. He admitted that they had the very same table, the very same delicious foods, and incredibly; the very same spoons! Surprised, the resident of Hell, asked how that could be. The one from Heaven said that they use their spoons to feed each other. Everyone in Hell only thought about themselves. So each one quickly realized there was no way to use his or her spoon to feed themselves. Never occurring to any of them to use their spoon to feed someone else, and have the favor returned.

So, it was a form of psychological torture. One they inflicted on themselves. You use your spoon to feed others. They return the favor with their spoons. Your mask is worn to protect others. They return the favor with their masks. Hopefully I did a good job of explaining that.

(Yes, I'm sure someone will mention all the germs on the ends of the spoons in Heaven. But hopefully folks will get the meaning behind that story. Sadly, seems Earth is closer in mentality to Hell, than Heaven.)
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post

From the beginning, I couldn't really care less if I got this thing. Then I start hearing about some long-term effects. Ehh, not so sure now.

When you needlessly catch it you take up resources (clinic, nurse, doctor, PPE for all of the above, testing supplies, lab tech time, instrument time, etc) needed for others. You mind saying what state you are in?
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

would bleech diluted work as hand cleaner to kill corona? i know it isnt perfect but i say its better then covid 19
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    would bleech diluted work as hand cleaner to kill corona? i know it isnt perfect but i say its better then covid 19
    Yes, but it's not needed. Simple soap and water (not even antibacterial soap) does an excellent job of washing it off you. And now that alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available in stores again, you should not have to try and find alternative things to use.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    Yes, but it's not needed. Simple soap and water (not even antibacterial soap) does an excellent job of washing it off you. And now that alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available in stores again, you should not have to try and find alternative things to use.
    i mean more for when im out going shoping. that credit card machine scares me and the front door of the store.
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

i mean more for when im out going shoping. that credit card machine scares me and the front door of the store.
    I try to grab door handles by part that people don't touch. If the top is the easy part to grab, I usually grab the bottom. If a handle is in the sunlight I try for that part...sunlight will kill viruses/bacteria fairly quickly. Or just wait for someone else to walk through the door...

You might be able to use your smartphone to pay... then you don't usually have to touch the credit card machine at all.

I try to grab door handles by part that people don't touch. If the top is the easy part to grab, I usually grab the bottom. If a handle is in the sunlight I try for that part....
    I've been doing this since before Covid-19. Now I don't feel so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler View Post
    I've been doing this since before Covid-19. Now I don't feel so weird.
    in winter i use my sleeve for a decade or so.

Elective is non-life threatening. It would include knee/hip replacements, etc.

MS shutdown elective 2 days ago. https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/resources/8718.pdf

This is for procedures when OVERNIGHT stay(s) are expected. Same day is not affected (yet).
    No, "elective" surgeries are those that aren't immediately life threatening. Tell a cancer patient that their procedure can wait, and you very well may have killed them. Call colonoscopies elective and you lose the only way you have to diagnose colon cancer and by the time the doctors figure it out, it's too late for the patient. This news article gives you a better idea of what "elective" surgeries are: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-...ry?id=69693791

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on Fenix View Post
    No, "elective" surgeries are those that aren't immediately life threatening. Tell a cancer patient that their procedure can wait, and you very well may have killed them. Call colonoscopies elective and you lose the only way you have to diagnose colon cancer and by the time the doctors figure it out, it's too late for the patient. This news article gives you a better idea of what "elective" surgeries are: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-...ry?id=69693791
    I should have put immediately, or can wait for a reasonable amount of time w/o significantly affecting patient outcome.

However, I did note that this applies to procedures anticipating overnight stays, so your colonoscopy is a 'go'.

In a related note, 5 major hospitals in MS are now in 'bypass' mode. Which for MS means pretty much any good hospital in the state is now hosed.

Exactly! I have five or six N95 masks lying around. I purchase them (or used to) in a ten pack for various dusty grounds maintenance.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

speaking a colon thingy for two weeks i have a box im supposed to leave my food that passed thru my digestive track. aka bowel movment. i just cant do this its to damn weird. i dont even like to look in toilet to y movent went to the sewer

part of me wants to send in dog feces

speaking a colon thingy for two weeks i have a box im supposed to leave my food that passed thru my digestive track. aka bowel movment. i just cant do this its to damn weird. i dont even like to look in toilet to y movent went to the sewer
    It's a normal day for a lab tech. Blood, stool, etc. That's not the worst thing they've seen. Trust me.

so as a young man i went from watching a rock band playing music with a chainsaw then useing chain saw to cut are table in half! and now im pooping in a box and loseing my breath when ever its over 75 f outside.

Flashaholic*

so as a young man i went from watching a rock band playing music with a chainsaw then useing chain saw to cut are table in half! and now im pooping in a box and loseing my breath when ever its over 75 f outside.
    Jackyl?
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Jackyl?
    yes they was are local band i used to fix the hvac in there famoues kmart video

Flashaholic*

@Dave D, great picture that explains everything.

There should be no additional discussion necessary to wear a mask or not! Except the goal is 4.000.000 infections in one week.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

now when i go to the grocery store i wear nothing but adult diapers and one boot on one foot and avpanda slipper on the other foot i then yell free bird! no one gets with in 20 feet of me if they do i make the kissy face and wink

now when i go to the grocery store i wear nothing but adult diapers and one boot on one foot and avpanda slipper on the other foot i then yell free bird! no one gets with in 20 feet of me if they do i make the kissy face and wink
    I like your style!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave D View Post
    I've seen a video where they take a can of deodorant and spray it through all sort of masks at distances of a foot or more.
    Too often the "details" from maskvocates are relying on top of the line masks in their statistics and videos when it the person who is infected may often be wearing something not much better than sneezing through a cheap facial tissue which means the "two masks" picture will equal the first or top picture there that is why they always mandate social distancing to totally escape the "fog" produced there and distancing can mean putting the heads on the pictures off the screen on both sides.
    Last edited by Lynx_Arc; 07-11-2020 at 08:38 AM.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    Too often the "details" from maskvocates are relying on top of the line masks in their statistics and videos
    I've seen all kinds of material on the subject of masks. Yes, there is encouragement to use better than a single layer of undershirt material, but it's not an all-or-nothing affair - literally any significant reduction of water droplet transmission by a carrier or reception by someone healthy is worthwhile since it takes ~3000 viral particles ingested through a common pathway in a very brief period of time for an infection to establish a foothold. Actual filter material (N95, KN95, FFP2, PM2.5, etc) in a well-constructed mask used appropriately are ideal, but even the aforementioned undershirt material markedly reduces exposure, especially when coupled with avoidance of crowds and indoor spaces with recirculating air.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Quote Originally Posted by idleprocess View Post
    I've seen all kinds of material on the subject of masks. Yes, there is encouragement to use better than a single layer of undershirt material, but it's not an all-or-nothing affair - literally any significant reduction of water droplet transmission by a carrier or reception by someone healthy is worthwhile since it takes ~3000 viral particles ingested through a common pathway in a very brief period of time for an infection to establish a foothold. Actual filter material (N95, KN95, FFP2, PM2.5, etc) in a well-constructed mask used appropriately are ideal, but even the aforementioned undershirt material markedly reduces exposure, especially when coupled with avoidance of crowds and indoor spaces with recirculating air.
    I think the big issue is that apparently masks are not effective enough that you cannot get by without distancing which means that a substantial amount of the virus is being expelled out of them that you have to be farther away and that the recommended 6' distance that at the start was for people with and without masks was good enough but now... distancing isn't good enough and masks aren't good enough either which to me sounds more like we have people who do not distance and like I said it may be because of all the "safe" hype about masks have them going from being afraid unmasked to fearless being masked.
    Again.... not much information about masked vs unmasked vs distancing studies in all of this so we are blindly trusting those in charge who from the start have shown how inept they are about this virus now they are suddenly experts.... go figure.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Any physical barrier between you and another, no matter how slight, will stop a certain percentage of droplets. Even n95 does not stop everything, but it's clearly better than nothing. So even a t-shirt over your face will help.

I encourage everyone to keep a close eye on FL, AZ, AL, MS, TX, GA for the immediate future.

Infections are ramping up, hospitalizations will follow, then deaths.

By 8-15-2020, the US total confirmed and daily new infections will double. Bet you a case of new 123 cells.

By 8-15-2020, the US total confirmed and daily new infections will double. Bet you a case of new 123 cells.
    By 8-15-2020 any furtive "return to the office" plans my employer has implemented will likely be tossed on the scrapheap.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

I agree that masks alone aren't enough to prevent the spread 100%. It has to be a belt-and-suspenders approach, a mix of masks, distancing and sanitizing.

I'm no expert in masks, but here are 70 studies by people who are. Many of these studies are from this year.

Quote Originally Posted by idleprocess View Post
    By 8-15-2020 any furtive "return to the office" plans my employer has implemented will likely be tossed on the scrapheap.
    Yup. I helped some clients transition to work-from-home. They keep asking when I think they will move back. It's not my call clearly, but I tell them not anytime soon.

Schools reopen for normal, full classes in a month. Don't know if that's statewide, but at least locally that's the "plan".

Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast