ArmyTek        
Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2023242526272829303132333435363740 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - II

Default Re: Coronavirus - II

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Rags... I have one! - It's great... but you can't really add alcohol unless as a mixer like vodka or gin or tequila. Corona Seltzer is 4.5% alcohol, 90 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sugars, 0 sodium. Nice and refreshing!
    You would love these you can use 20 pound co2 tanks with them .then you put ya drink mix in old pepsi or coke bottle and attach it to co2 tank ps sorry for going ot https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Car.../dp/B01K4GGYT0
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    You would love these you can use 20 pound co2 tanks with them .then you put ya drink mix in old pepsi or coke bottle and attach it to co2 tank ps sorry for going ot https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Car.../dp/B01K4GGYT0
    That's good Info. Maybe you can ask to put in my soda thread.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Im starting to think im being punked! For real im in store again to get eggs, i have to go to store a lot since i am walking and can only carry a small amount. But once again some on gets so close to me then every member of there family does the same thing they was getting something that was behind me. Not one of them had a dang mask on
    You should have faked an episode of coughing and watch everyone scatter and avoid you like the plague :P
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

If some one does not wear a mask and infects another person could they be charged with murder? EDIT not murder i mean manslaughter
    No. However, if you purposely cough on over $30,000 worth of produce so that the store has to throw it out just in case, you can apparently be charged with terrorism. If you are an NBA player at a news conference and lick all the microphones as a bad joke (and you have corona virus), you can be arrested. The issue here is intent. If you accidentally sneeze and someone gets sick, it's at least an accident and at most negligence(for not wearing a mask). If you intended to get people sick or acted in a way in which any rational person would believe that was your intention, you are fully accountable for the consequences of your actions. Remember, in a court of law, you can plead insanity but you can't plead stupidity.

its called venting poppy <snip> around here theyll pull a gun on you
    Not far from where I live a local mayor opted to keep the community on quarentine another two weeks. Many folks I know moaned and whaled "he can't do that", but he did it for the reasons you cite. The ones moaning and groaning live outside the area and visit fancy restaraunts or take in the "shopping" at high end stores. Yet the community itself has a very large portion of people who live in crowded conditions and frankly do not seem to understand (or care) about the spread in their community. A community where it is still spreading pretty badly. That's why the mayor there chose not to reopen things just yet. Folks like yourself are trying to do their part to halt the spread. Many are not. Many just don't understand. Many just don't care because to them life is cheap anyway.

Praying for ya my man.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-24-2020 at 06:33 AM.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    <snip>
    Praying for ya my man.
    Plus 2

Raggie33,
    I see that you are doing your best to stay safe.
    Keep up the good work
    Poppy
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

I worked on a project one time where the labor staff were all related. They had come to America to find work and made a great team. They would arrive in 2 pickup trucks and go to work in minutes, do their thing like a clock where each person would do the role while meshing with the one next to them. Like one guy would cut a piece of lumber and hold it out and in seconds the next guy would grab it, place it on a form and a third guy would nail it down without a word between them. Every so often you'd hear one guy "undalay undalay" or another guy say "aqua?" as he handed out bottled water.
    I'd learned enough Spanish from Speedy Gonzalez cartoons to know a little of what they were saying but for all I knew they could be plotting to off my white arse……
    Anyway there were 12 of them and they shared 2 apartments. In this pandemic that would likely mean if one got it all 12 would have it.

The other day I popped into the big office at my work. For the first time in weeks I was not the only one there. I did my usual cold and flu season routine where I don't touch anything on the way in with a bare hand. Instead of the usual 100 or so people it was about 10. About half wore company issued masks, which is a sliver of black cloth with a hole cut in each end. In other words a coffee filter would be just as good. But they had a tiny bottle of Purell at the front desk so they all felt protected. One lady was walking around spraying Lysol everywhere. At least it was the lavender kind. lol.

I whipped out my 4oz eyeglass cleaner spray bottle with peroxide and fogged my area to set at and did what I had to do and made like a hockey stick and got the puck outta that place. Sheesh. They had the heat cranked up to where I was sweating while folks walked around with sandals on when it was 40 something degrees outside. As one youngster was whining about how cold the office was I thought about those workers from Sandanista and wondered how they were doing during this time. I did not understand most of what they said but enjoyed my time around them way more than all of those buzzkill people at my office.

On the way out I hit the lifesaver candy jar pretty hard and spritzed the lid to make sure the next person grabbing it was grabbing a disinfected lid. I like spraying stuff with peroxide because it foams sometimes. The time it takes to stop foaming is a time waiting for it to kill the stuff on that surface. So I spray it on surfaces like door knobs after I used it. Just doing my part.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-24-2020 at 07:15 AM.

I worked on a project one time where the labor staff were all related. They had come to America to find work and made a great team. They would arrive in 2 pickup trucks and go to work in minutes, do their thing like a clock where each person would do the role while meshing with the one next to them. Like one guy would cut a piece of lumber and hold it out and in seconds the next guy would grab it, place it on a form and a third guy would nail it down without a word between them. Every so often you'd hear one guy "undalay undalay" or another guy say "aqua?" as he handed out bottled water.
    I'd learned enough Spanish from Speedy Gonzalez cartoons to know a little of what they were saying but for all I knew they could be plotting to off my white arse……
    Anyway there were 12 of them and they shared 2 apartments. In this pandemic that would likely mean if one got it all 12 would have it.

<SNIP>
    Yeah, and that's part of the problem in larger Urban cities. Over congestion. I suppose there are similar issues with farms that rely on migrant workers, don't they work in the fields all day, but then get packed into bunk houses at night?

... The time it takes to stop foaming is a time waiting for it to kill the stuff on that surface. So I spray it on surfaces like door knobs after I used it. Just doing my part.
    https://sheltermedicine.vetmed.ufl.e...ch-updated.pdf

Dwell time, or the time a surface must remain wet for disinfection to happen, can be shockingly high, up to 10 minutes. Time varies for different chemicals. Of interest to note, denatured alcohol is an effective disinfectant in times where isopropyl can't be obtained and is used in hand sanitizer interchangeably with isopropyl.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

...On the way out I hit the lifesaver candy jar pretty hard and spritzed the lid to make sure the next person grabbing it was grabbing a disinfected lid. I like spraying stuff with peroxide because it foams sometimes. The time it takes to stop foaming is a time waiting for it to kill the stuff on that surface. So I spray it on surfaces like door knobs after I used it. Just doing my part.
    Good for you bykfixer. That's a good point - the time it takes to foam up and then dissolve offers a visual indication that good things are happening. I use alcohol but you've got me thinking about your approach. One thing I've heard is that the higher concentrations of alcohol might evaporate too quickly to reach all of the microbes. Because of this I've changed my tactic of using 99.9% alcohol on everything to using 70% or 90% on all surfaces except some electronics.

Beautiful drone shot of the London Bridge and the social distancing in our town yesterday...

Stolen water for use by morons.

Another stupid question perhaps? Are people with alergies more safe for corona? Reason i ask is im sneezing so often id guess it will clear my sinuses of and bad germs entering my nose
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Well you might actually be expelling it if you did happen to inhale a load. But one thing is likely, with you sneezing and all watery eyed it probably cause others to stay far away……
    Look at your local store for vitamin C suppliments Raggae. Namely a powder called Emergen C. It's a long since proven flu symptom reducer we use at our home every year during cold and flu season. It lessons the time your body takes to recover from colds and flu. It boosts your immune system to help your body help itself.

This weeks grocery trip was the closest to normal I've seen in a while. Stock was plentiful. Even toilet paper and ramen noodles. No q-tips though. That was strange. We figure all of the q-tip factories are making testing swabs right now. Mrs Fixer said when she got down to a 5 week supply she felt the need to buy more. Eh, maybe next week.

I had read a while back (early March) the things that labs had shown killed the corona virus the fastest and went to stores to see what they had. That was before the mad dash for all things Clorox. Peroxide for whatever reason was not something folks were after. It's a lot less of an irratant too. To this point it is still an under rated product but studies from South Korea and the Phillipines had it tied for first place with bleach at killing the novel corona the fastest. And it was always plentuful at pharmacy stores and my local grocer. That and Vitamin C suppliments.

I read about a family in Wuhan where the matriarc was a retired nurse who swore by vitamin C suppliments. She made everybody in the home take lots of vitamin C everyday back when folks there did not know what this new virus was. Her mom refused to though and got sick. She was hospitalized and the retired nurse asked them to give her mom vitamin C suppliments. They said "well she's about to die anyway" and gave it to her. Three days later she was no longer dieing. She ended up leaving the hospital a time later fine and dandy.

Here's one paper on vitamin C
    https://www.physiciansweekly.com/hig...gin-of-safety/
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-24-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ledbetter View Post
    Curious how sometimes we don't think. When going to someone's house for a visit, learn some things, have fun; we don't insult the host. Seems like any forum is much like that, certainly this one. Calling a mass of people morons does not speak well for the one posting. Hope your day goes better than when post #882 was made...
    And as far as stolen, well, if it was taken, it was probably stolen from someone who got it by stealing from an earlier owner. But this is not the place to vent this kind of spleen, one opinion.

One advantage of this closure thing that happened was the ability to start a very small lawn from seed; grama and buffalo grass were sown. We were able to water it every 2 hours from 8am to 8pm initially. Glad to be home and success was had. Now we are living here in a dry windy time, without rain for well over a month except for a couple of miniscule events. Thankfully we collected roof water from last winter and have been using it exclusively, given that our well is not inclined to suffer excess. Early spring did offer just enough water from the sky to get various beings going, moths included. Since our irrigated lawn is pretty much the only 'watering hole' nearby, the moths ignored ​any mandates over social distancing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi4ZIUlsORw

Another stupid question perhaps? Are people with alergies more safe for corona? Reason i ask is im sneezing so often id guess it will clear my sinuses of and bad germs entering my nose
    Hi Raggie,
    That's not a stupid question, but rather it is a question that should be directed to your doctor.

On one hand you may expel covid or pollen more readily, because of the more frequent sneezing, on the other hand, perhaps with your sinuses already more inflamed, maybe there are more sites for the coronid to attach. I certainly do not know. Again, that's a question for your medical doctor, and even he, may not know.

My daughter has been running a low grade fever for 8 weeks now. She is allergic to tylenol, and was afraid to take Advil (ibuprofen) because of some reports that it may lower the body's inflammatory response to covid. She asked her doctor, who poo-pooed the idea, and told her it would be ok to take it. My doctor, agreed that the jury is out about the Advil, and couldn't advise her either way. However when she asked about taking her regular allergy medicine, Allegra, they agreed, that would be fine.

Regarding the use of allergy medicines, they need to be in your blood system before you have symptoms, so that means that you have to take them every so many hours, every day during allergy season for them to truly be effective. If you wait until you are miserable, you may have to take them religiously for a couple of days before they are truly effective.

Because my pediatrician didn't explain that to me when I was a kid, I suffered for many years. Back then Chlor-Trimeton was by prescription only. It is an antihistamine, and makes one drowsy until you get used to it. The script was "one every four hours as needed" well, it made me so drowsy that I didn't want to play stick ball with my friends, all I wanted to do was go to sleep! I would wait until I was miserable, and then take it. Well then it was too late, and was not effective, all it did was make me cranky and tired. Only later as an adult, I saw an allergist, who explained to me the need to take it prophylactically. She prescribed something else, that worked well for me, provided I took it very 6 hours.

Even if you don't have insurance, I believe there are enough covid-19 hotlines that you may be able to call and speak with a medical professional.

Good luck,
    If you do pursue an answer, please let us know.
    It's interesting.
    Poppy.
    Last edited by Poppy; 05-24-2020 at 08:00 PM.

My temperature has been low .
    Last edited by raggie33; 05-24-2020 at 08:30 PM.

My temperature has been low .
    That's good.

My point was... talk to your doctor, not a bunch of flashlight geeks, about an answer to your question, "Does allergy induced sneezing, protect you from covid-19"
    My other point was... Taking allergy medicine, may make you much more comfortable.

Poppy

There are generic house brands for those famous brands that are fairly inexpensive. Same active ingredients. If doc says use Claretin for example the house brand runs way less. The claretin D is great if you are really clogged up but the cost is a lot more. For just reducing symptoms the non D is the way to go. For me it takes about a day for full effect but one in the morning has me feeling better by supper time. After day 1 I take half dose to reduce the symptoms while letting my body have some say so about getting rid of stuff like pollens that cause the symptoms. In other words instead of my head being all packed with mucous it really lessens that while still having enough moisture to blow my nose some. Full doses causes me to have dry nose and leads to nose bleeds during the heavy pollen season.

In corona news, my governor who is a pediatrician neurosurgeon and was made nationally famous for posing for a picture in either black face or a klan robe (but does not remember which one or if at all) then when asked about it at a press conference about it asked if the press would like to see his moonwalk (to which his wife quickly halted) is under fire for walking around a crowded public place without a mask even on his person as he posed for selfies inches away from strangers. Just the day before he encouraged everybody to wear one indoors or when not possible to be 6' from others.
    The guy is not above the occasional gaffe by no means. Now aside from the hypocracy of being a do as I say not as I do politician, I really liked the optics. Really.

It places a confidence that things will be ok in the minds of the population when he is trying to coax people to go ahead and shop at stores, dine at an outside patio and lets get this economy going again. Now when a certain orange man did that he too was under fire. It's a drag that politics plays such a big part in seemingly everything these days. Sports, entertainment, weather and now a pandemic. I'm not a fan of my governor but do agree he has handled our situation in what I consider a reasonable manner.

The place where he threw a fit because so many disregarded his stay at home decree was the place he went to announce the reopening of our state. But dude, you could have/should have at least had a mask draped around your neck. Seriously.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-25-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Kinda curious what you mean by this. "Stolen water"? - It's the Colorado River. How is that "stolen water"? The London Bridge was purchased fair and square by Robert McCulloch for just shy of $3 million in 1968. Morons in the water? Meh. A few, I suppose... always is.

So what is your point?

"Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant."

That's taken from Proverbs 9:17 .

It could be translated as "forbidden fruit is sweet", but the verse has had some very complex commentary.
    I can't say for sure that's Ledbetter's intent or not, but it could fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Empath View Post
    "Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant."

That's taken from Proverbs 9:17 .

It could be translated as "forbidden fruit is sweet", but the verse has had some very complex commentary.
    I can't say for sure that's Ledbetter's intent or not, but it could fit.
    Perhaps. But our beaches and waterways are not forbidden (locked down) at this time. The only thing banned right now is mooring in the channel. As you can see, it was perfectly fine (not forbidden) for people to set up pop-ups and party on. I can't and won't judge people for living their lives the way they feel comfortable or see fit when there are no restrictions in place. I can and do choose not to be part of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    That's good.

My point was... talk to your doctor, not a bunch of flashlight geeks, about an answer to your question, "Does allergy induced sneezing, protect you from covid-19"
    My other point was... Taking allergy medicine, may make you much more comfortable.

Poppy
    Some experts are suggesting the inflammation that is present with allergies can make things worse for Covid, not in terms of catching it but it might make it easier for the virus to run rampant. I can't tell you whether this means to take your allergy med but the article (which quotes an immunologist) suggests taking them.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

He could be referring to how the water from the Colorado River is managed and divided up by the federal Govt., and the surrounding states. Lots of issues involving Colorado River water, for decades.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedLED View Post
    He could be referring to how the water from the Colorado River is managed and divided up by the federal Govt., and the surrounding states. Lots of issues involving Colorado River water, for decades.
    Right.

Here's one story
    https://www.denverpost.com/2018/04/1...olorado-river/

Quote Originally Posted by RedLED View Post
    Yes RedLED, I was thinking he meant something like that.

But NOW I think it is more than that!

From wikipedia:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London...e_Havasu_City)

McCulloch made a deal with the state government and received the property for free with a promise to develop the land....

Speaking of London Brige:
    The bridge was not reconstructed over a river, but rather it was rebuilt on land in a position between the main part of the city and Pittsburgh Point, at that time a peninsula jutting into Lake Havasu. Once completed, the Bridgewater Channel Canal was dredged under the bridge and flooded, separating Pittsburgh Point from the city, creating an island. As a result, the bridge now traverses a navigable shortcut between the Thompson Bay part of Lake Havasu south of Pittsburgh Point, and the remainder of Lake Havasu to the north.[9]

__________________________________________________ __
    Therefore, he made a new path for the river to flow through and over, on land that he got for free!

Good find mr fixer

Goes back a century or so. Cadillac Desert is a good read on a century-plus of large-scale water projects in the American West; just as relevant now as it was when it was published 34 years ago.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Is anyone seeing hand cleaner is the stores?
    Last edited by raggie33; 05-25-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Flashaholic*

To whom this may concern.. When people get in my space i accidentally step on their feet, and then apologize.. oops i am so sorry!
    Last edited by knucklegary; 05-25-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2023242526272829303132333435363740 ... LastLast