ArmyTek        
Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2629303132333435363738394041424346 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1649

Thread: Coronavirus - II

Default Re: Coronavirus - II

Quote Originally Posted by Devildude View Post
    As I sit here after getting out of work sipping on a Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout at 10% you have made me rethink my choice for today. I have over a case of Lickinghole Creek Heir Apparent at 11.7% that is from Virginia that would be almost as good. I will have to try and find the one mentioned above as it sounds very desirable.
    LCCB makes some great beers. Virginia has an almost overwhelming amount of craft breweries. The problem with them is that almost every one of them makes one particularly awesome beer...and ten shite beers that they also sell. I find LCCB to be one of the few that make more than one great beer. Their Nuclear (nu-klee-er or nuke-u-ler ) Nugget is a heck of a great beer. Their Oyster Stout, while not appeasing sounding, is quite tasty.

Btw, November 14, 2020 is the release date for the new Ibrik. Mark your calendar!

https://oconnorbrewing.com/happening...stout-release/
    The beauty of Science hugely outranks the charms of superstition

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    Because 1) people who don't know how to properly prepare mass-buy things at the last minute out of fear, and 2) people who like to take advantage of situations mass-buy to resell at a raised price.

One alternate view regarding TP specifically is that people were stealing it from the workplaces they are now no longer going to/laid off from, but that doesn't cover people buying entire pallets of it.

People staying home are going to eat more cooked food. Typical person eats out a significant % of their meals... think it's around 25% or so.

Same with TP. People staying home increases home TP usage like 40% or so.

Concerning meat... the virus is hitting the meat processing plants. Here in MS it's ravaging the chicken processing plants. I would expect the same with beef also.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    do they have nutrition? If they do im stocking up if i see them on sale
    Hahaha! I seriously doubt it! - except maybe if you need LOTS of sodium in your diet!

Flashaholic*

Default Coronavirus - II

Also loaded with cholesterol raising components. They are bad for you
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    Wow!!!
    I had no idea that they are regularly so inexpensive.
    I apologize for my ignorance. Posting a $13 find must have looked like a snide comment.
    I don't know what I paid for them, they just jumped into my cart one day, after looking at some hiking trail recipes. Even at $1 a piece I wouldn't have known that I over paid.
    When you posted $2.27, I thought that was each, not for the 12 pack.
    Wow!
    Yes ramen noodles used to be a lot cheaper as others have posted finding it 10/$10 but the cheapest I've seen it is the shrink wrapped 12 packs at Walmart and Aldi's which used to be $1.94 till this covidemic thing.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Hahaha! I seriously doubt it! - except maybe if you need LOTS of sodium in your diet!
    Incredible amounts of sodium. I purposely take the "flavor" (salt) packages out and can use a single packet for about half the case of noodles. I have a can of the flavor packets I figure I've taken about 50,000mg of sodium out of my diet over the past months as I have slightly elevated blood pressure so I try and limit salt where I can.
    Last edited by Lynx_Arc; 06-01-2020 at 12:59 PM.
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    do they have nutrition? If they do im stocking up if i see them on sale
    Ramen daily would be the fast track to a heart attack, that’s why it’s just college kids who stock it and not preppers. The staples are the cheap and healthy meals.

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    Ramen daily would be the fast track to a heart attack, that’s why it’s just college kids who stock it and not preppers. The staples are the cheap and healthy meals.
    I bought grits today i hope i like grits i dont recall haveing them before
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    My sodium was low not sure why i use so much salt
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

You guys with all your barley wines are making me miss Hair of the Dog Brewing Company. When I lived in Cali, I used to get bottles for $3.30 a piece at Trader Joe's. I have looked online everywhere and even spent 30 minutes looking like a crazy man in the craft beer isles of ABC liquor here. I would pay $10 a bottle for a few bottles of Adam. When I was drinking it they only had 5 flavors all named after people. Adam and Fred are my favorite and clock in around 10%-12% ABV. I have been settling for this instead, and ironically a very high end eatery/pub stocks it just for me.

Last edited by Whitelight1; 06-01-2020 at 12:02 PM.

When did this thread jump the track and turn into the burnt beer and Ramen noodles thread?
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    When did this thread jump the track and turn into the burnt beer and Ramen noodles thread?
    Some folks gotta do something with all this being socially distant stuff going on these days..... they could drink Ramen Beer and burn noodles instead.

We were ‘bout to rumble ‘n riot but decided to just get drunk together instead. Seemed the better option in these unprecedented times.

Whats weird anf is trully freaking me out today after the ramen post i was watching a cooking show and the topic was ramen. The host even had a ramen shirt on

An italian doctor believes the Coronavirus is weakening there. The article has some mixed messages and it seems that not everyone there is in agreement though.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    We were ‘bout to rumble ‘n riot but decided to just get drunk together instead. Seemed the better option in these unprecedented times.
    Yes, I felt the urge to R/R myself. Decided to go outside and have a mow instead. I also decided to man-up and leave the riding mower in the garage. Ended up mowing everything with the walk-behind. He he, I had two liquid bread breaks while mowing. Hence the not so straight lines. Cheers, fellow CPFers.

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Last of the Mow-He-Cans eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    Last of the Mow-He-Cans eh?
    That's clever. Well done, Lynx.

As far as heritage goes, it depends on which grandparent you trust. One reports us as Comanche. However, my maternal grandfather swears - We ani't no damn Comanche! We're Choctaw."

That's clever. Well done, Lynx.

As far as heritage goes, it depends on which grandparent you trust. One reports us as Comanche. However, my maternal grandfather swears - We ani't no damn Comanche! We're Choctaw."
    I'm sposed to be part Cherokee but since I'm not on the rolls I dunno which part of me izz dat.

I noticed yesterday more restaraunts getting creative about outside dining areas like parking tables outside in a grassy area next to the parking lot, or since 50% capacity allowed (in my state) in unused parking spots. What was even better to see (at least to me) was folks out there enjoying a sit down meal again.

I also noticed with people I ran into or spoke with on the phone, everybody was a lot less edgey than they were just last week despite all of the snarling taking place across the country. There was a buzz of peace, as smiles were wider while a nice breeze from the north cooled the warm sunshine.

Maybe it was because our grocery stores are fully stocked again, or no long lines at the McFood joint drive thru as tables are now available. Perhaps it's because folks can get a haircut again here? I dunno. But there was definitely an uptick in morale yesterday. At least on my little slice of planet earth.
    John 3:16

Mr Gardener,
    It looks great to me!

My Dad always said, "You know the difference between a good hair-cut, and a bad hair-cut? About two weeks."

In the morning... those lines will be gone, and tomorrow, you'll get to do it all over again. I hope you have more bread, to keep your energy levels up.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

bkkfixer,
    I am glad to hear that you and the people in your community are feeling more relaxed.

Hopefully it is true that the virus has lost some of its strength, and there won't be a back-lash, and everything will go back to "Life as it was" with few dramatic changes.

Here's hoping... fingers crossed

Thanks, Poppy. I spent a lot of extra time on the lawn during the first month of our state's stay at home order. It was therapeutic being able to get outside and work.

Thanks, Poppy. I spent a lot of extra time on the lawn during the first month of our state's stay at home order. It was therapeutic being able to get outside and work.

My grass is aweful i live in a condo and it has something that pokes in my feet it hurts so bad to walk in it

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    bkkfixer,
    I am glad to hear that you and the people in your community are feeling more relaxed.

Hopefully it is true that the virus has lost some of its strength, and there won't be a back-lash, and everything will go back to "Life as it was" with few dramatic changes.

Here's hoping... fingers crossed
    It was more like everybody had Bobby Darin and Frank Sinatra tunes stuck in their head instead of the usual "kill kill kill" death metal tunes blasting the airwaves lately if you know what I mean. A kind of "life goes on during war time" vibe if you know what I mean. One guy was estatic over a pear he had just eaten. I mean jump up and click your heels together estatic.
    There was a scene in Band of Brothers where a small group was playing symphony music in a destroyed town square while folks sifted through the rubble looking for food, furniture or whatever they could salvage. It was kinda like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    It was more like everybody had Bobby Darin and Frank Sinatra tunes stuck in their head instead of the usual "kill kill kill" death metal tunes blasting the airwaves lately if you know what I mean. A kind of "life goes on during war time" vibe if you know what I mean. One guy was estatic over a pear he had just eaten. I mean jump up and click your heels together estatic.
    There was a scene in Band of Brothers where a small group was playing symphony music in a destroyed town square while folks sifted through the rubble looking for food, furniture or whatever they could salvage. It was kinda like that.
    Well my friend, you did a better job of describing how people were being more relaxed, the first time around.

It seems to me that pear guy was a little over reactive. Fresh fruit has always been available.

It has obviously been a labor of love.
    I couldn't spend as much time as you due to allergies. Nor would I enjoy it as much.

Once I grew a vegetable garden. Once!
    My allergies were pretty significant then, and pulling weeds, wasn't fun.
    By time the veggies were ripe, they were so darn cheap at the supermarket, that there wasn't a savings (not much) and my wife wouldn't eat them because there were cats that roamed the neighborhood. Afraid they may have done their business any where near the veggies. The argument that there is wild life out at the farms didn't hold any water.

Your property is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    .... One guy was estatic over a pear he had just eaten.
    He he ... Reminds me of Kramer and the Mackinaw peaches.

Yup kinda like that CG.
    He however he did not offer to share it though. By the time we spoke he had already finished 90% so I probably would have reacted like ole Jerry.

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2629303132333435363738394041424346 ... LastLast