NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 327275767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2507

Thread: Coronavirus - II

Default Re: Coronavirus - II

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    Our Governor says that the uptick is not related to opening the schools, but in a large part, due to people being more social and entertaining groups indoors.
    Yeah the temp drops 15į and the trail I ride on almost every night is empty. The YMCA parking lot I ride past is now packed so everyone is inside working out. Suck it up and keep outside nancy boy, it's not 30į yet!
    GOOD TINT!

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Yeah the temp drops 15į and the trail I ride on almost every night is empty. The YMCA parking lot I ride past is now packed so everyone is inside working out. Suck it up and keep outside nancy boy, it's not 30į yet!
    +1

So many people are wimps when it comes to the cold. I love riding in the winter. So much nicer than the summer. You just have to dress for it.

people think im nuts im walking around outside barefoot and shorts till its gets below 50 f. i love winter no more hot days
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

raggie, Auditioning for dual survivor?

Not me, living and working in an air conditioned environment (that means heat in the winter too ) has made me prefer to be comfortable and less tolerant of heat and cold temps. My comfort zone is 68 F to 74 F.

I CAN be outdoors in cold temps, especially if I layer up.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

raggie, Auditioning for dual survivor?

Not me, living and working in an air conditioned environment (that means heat in the winter too ) has made me prefer to be comfortable and less tolerant of heat and cold temps. My comfort zone is 68 F to 74 F.

I CAN be outdoors in cold temps, especially if I layer up.
    i was just watching yesterday lol and im thinking bare foot guy has a few screws loose lol. i understand if your teraiin was controled pavement grass etc etc. but not knowing what terain is im going to see i want boots. but i still love the show.
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Cody Lundin... I actually read a couple of his books. Interesting, the guy's got knowledge. A bit whacky, er yeah.
    Matt is also entertaining, and pleasant to watch.

Joe Teti, and the other "x military" Dave Canterbury are a bit on the dramatic side.

Flashaholic

New record number of new cases in a single day in the United States with estimates now reaching 500,000 deaths by February of next year. And what is the current administration doing? Absolutely nothing. What a legacy.

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by ledbetter View Post
    New record number of new cases in a single day in the United States with estimates now reaching 500,000 deaths by February of next year. And what is the current administration doing? Absolutely nothing. What a legacy.
    They're making it worse actually with their "superspreader" rallies. I thought there were bans on large gatherings, especially without masks or social distancing? That means everyone, including the President of the United States.

Two posts venturing off into politics again. Bring it back around, please.
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Because the word "cases" wasn't dramatic enough anymore the media now says "infections"ÖÖ
    The term "record cases" is out. "Record infections" is in. Woohoo!!
    John 3:16

Flashaholic*

Currently the number of infections is rising everywhere... ... that is bad, really bad.

The more interesting point is that my government starts to plan the vaccination that seems to ne in Q2 or Q3 2021. The point is that the vaccine will not be enough for all of the citizens in my country. Therefore it will be a long shot until ~60% are vaccinated.

That problem will be in each country. There are 7.000.000.000 vaccination doses needed for all of us on this pale blue dot...
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Speaking about logistics of vaccinations...

If ~3% of the US has been/is infected, and unconfirmed to confirmed is about 10:1, then we have 30% that have some level of protection.

So, in the short term, that means we need to vaccinate another 50% to get fairly close to herd immunity.

This makes things somewhat easier.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

About a month ago, New Jersey had about 300 new cases a day for months, for the past 5 days it's been over a thousand. Today almost 1,200.
    One of the middle schools in my town went full virtual until Monday, and Newark, NJ has extended it's total virtual until January.

Our Governor says that the uptick is not related to opening the schools, but in a large part, due to people being more social and entertaining groups indoors.
    Today it was announced that yesterday there were 1,995 new cases. We haven't seen that many new cases in a single day since May.

It is unfathomable to me, that people are planning to go trick or treating.

While speaking with one of the teachers at our church operated school yesterday, I was told her students are healthier than during previous years. Everyone on campus is screened every morning before being allowed to enter the buildings, everyone wears a mask or face shield, hand washing and sanitizer are being greatly encouraged, and, of course, social distancing is being enforced.

The teacher has 26 1st grade students. She told me they understand the reason for all the new procedures and they and their parents are happy with how school is being conducted.
    Sometimes I wonder if I've purchased my last flashlight.

Weird times: in order to stay healthy you need to hate people

I don't see that as true, just inflammatory...
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    While speaking with one of the teachers at our church operated school yesterday, I was told her students are healthier than during previous years. Everyone on campus is screened every morning before being allowed to enter the buildings, everyone wears a mask or face shield, hand washing and sanitizer are being greatly encouraged, and, of course, social distancing is being enforced.

The teacher has 26 1st grade students. She told me they understand the reason for all the new procedures and they and their parents are happy with how school is being conducted.
    Four of my Grandbabies are enrolled in a school run by their family church as well...they go full time...no distance learning. They practice all the good anti- COVID practices and things are going nicely. Iím thankful. Theyíre doing a spectacular job keeping those kids and their families safe while continuing to educate. Those teachers, administrators and maintenance folks are real heroes!
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

We have reliable word that local pharmacy w/ take delivery of vaccines by next weekend. I suppose this is deployment in anticipation of having an approved candidate.

I have not been tracking much of anything to do with this effort, focusing mainly on tracking/projecting stats.

Where does development stand?

We wonít see vaccine widely available until middle of 2021 at the earliest. Front line health care workers and other priority groups may get it early 2021, but in limited numbers. No way your local pharmacy will see any by next weekend.

Two of the leading vaccine candidates that use mRNA require unusually low transport and storage temperatures, which will mean new equipment at the pharmacies and special shipping logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by motigg View Post
    We wonít see vaccine widely available until middle of 2021 at the earliest. Front line health care workers and other priority groups may get it early 2021, but in limited numbers. No way your local pharmacy will see any by next weekend.
    So when I have direct confirmation from the person that was notified of shipping (already) then I must have dreamed it.

I'm not saying it's for public distribution, or not. I'm simply saying there's _something_ coming down the pipe, for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    We have reliable word that local pharmacy w/ take delivery of vaccines by next weekend. I suppose this is deployment in anticipation of having an approved candidate.

I have not been tracking much of anything to do with this effort, focusing mainly on tracking/projecting stats.

Where does development stand?
    Probably regular flu vaccines as there has been talk about recommending people get flu vaccines so that less people get regular flu which can help to not overload hospitals with both flu and Covid 19 too.
    Last edited by Lynx_Arc; 10-24-2020 at 11:22 PM.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Y'all must have missed a lot of my prior posts.

I found it questionable myself, asked for confirmation again, and was confirmed c-19 vaccines were on the way, slated to arrived on/before next weekend.

Haven't followed you earlier posts. I'm basing what I say on the most recent stories regarding where we're at with development, and on conversations with people who follow this stuff very closely (as part of my work). I've heard nothing about COVID vaccines being available in American pharmacies next week, in any amount. Pfizer and Moderna announced just a few days ago that the earliest they could apply for authorization is late November.

Don't have an answer for you. I don't follow vaccine stuff... but would have said that we won't see any till 1q2021, at any level.

Might be a pilot program thing. Don't know. If anything reliable and interesting comes by me, will pass it along.

Flashaholic*

Default Coronavirus - II

There are no approved vaccines yet. There is a newly approved drug for treatment however named remdesivir, itís an injection. It is NOT a vaccine. Thatís pretty bad info to be spreading as much as you try to chastise people. Only a few countries have approved any vaccines so far including China and Russia.
    Last edited by bigburly912; 10-25-2020 at 06:13 AM.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

(CNN)The federal government has made a deal with retail pharmacies CVS and Walgreens to help distribute coronavirus vaccine -- once one or more gets authorized -- to long-term care facilities like nursing homes, federal officials said Friday, October 16, 2020.

more....

Flashaholic*

Thatís actually pretty nice if the vaccines prove successful. Iím sure everyone has a CVS or Walgreens in or near their community.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Though Remdesivir has recently been approved, the large SOLIDARITY trial in the UK showed it to have no clinical benefits. Itís not clear that the approval here in the US was clinically justified or if itís just another example of health agencies buckling under political pressure. That question will remain difficult to answer until there is a new administration, whenever that may be. Another problem is around 30-40% of Americans say they wonít take a vaccine because they donít trust it will be safe and effective. Depending on efficacy rates we may need 50-75% uptake rates to really get the pandemic under control. And the logistical challenges of getting 750 million (if itís two shots per person) shots in arms are significant. Iím classified as an educator and so may get mine a bit earlier than members of other groups, but I donít expect to receive a shot until middle of the year at the earliest. I fear itís going to be a difficult, ugly winter.

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    There are no approved vaccines yet. There is a newly approved drug for treatment however named remdesivir, itís an injection. It is NOT a vaccine. Thatís pretty bad info to be spreading as much as you try to chastise people. Only a few countries have approved any vaccines so far including China and Russia.
    Go back and read what I posted. Did not say it was approved. When it was stated, person was asked what they said, and they re-stated shipment of them is inbound. I guess it's possible to ship them out in anticipation of an approved candidate. If approval fails, they are sent back and destroyed.

That's all the current info I have on this. If/when I have something else I will follow up.

Followup: Just went back my source that was in the room when the announcement was made from the person responsible for 'placing the order'. There was sort of stunned silence with mouths hanging open. We will see what happens...
    Last edited by turbodog; 10-25-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 327275767778798081828384 LastLast