Wuben        
Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455565758596063 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1906

Thread: Coronavirus - II

Default Re: Coronavirus - II

Everyone have there shamwow masks? Lol . I have never worn a mask and never will. I am in New Tampa, Florida a real hotspot. I just think everyone needs to realize everyone is going to get it, and the stronger will survive. We all are going to die anyway. Covid or otherwise.

Don't feed the troll(s) people...
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelight1 View Post
    Everyone have there shamwow masks? Lol . I have never worn a mask and never will. I am in New Tampa, Florida a real hotspot. I just think everyone needs to realize everyone is going to get it, and the stronger will survive. We all are going to die anyway. Covid or otherwise.
    What if your local hospital is up to their elbows in Covid cases, and you get hit by a drunk driver. Things are looking bad for you because guess what? Medical personnel are so overwhelmed you bled out. Oh well, you were going to die anyway? Do you have family members counting on you? Oh well, they are going to die anyway?
    Yes the stronger will survive but no need to hurry things along to prove manhood or act out a death wish. Advocating an accelerated infection rate makes you look unappealing to a lot of people for sure. This is not the kind of forum where anonymity allows ugliness.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    Don't feed the troll(s) people...
    You may be right, or this cat may really think his head is on straight and might benefit with a little 'what ifs'. Key here is to not continue with this line of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    That last point in particular, you hit the nail on the head. Having to deal with selfish individuals who only care about themselves, even during a deadly planetary pandemic. And a couple of excellent points regarding New Zealand. What I just don't get is why other nations can't seem to replicate what Greece is doing. An acquaintance of mine who lives there was a bit upset due to her upcoming exams. She and others have been attending classes regularly with no interruptions it seems.

It's bizarre.... Map of Europe, with infection running rampant everywhere, except right smack in the middle, at the very bottom. And Greece's northern border is definitely vulnerable to people sneaking in. And yet, covid-19 can't add Greece to its tally of conquered nations. And I have no clue why other world leaders who are friendly with Greece, aren't picking up the phone, calling, and saying, "Great job with corona. Could you help us out and tell us what you're doing in your country that's so effective?"
    Greece has an advantage in that about 3/4 of its boundaries are water and if they can lock down their land border well it should theoretically reduce influx of the virus from outside by a similar amount. I thnk another advantage is it has only 11 million people and a rather large area for that amount so social distancing becomes more "natural" for all but those in packed cities I would figure.
    Compare it to the US with 33 times as many people in it and porous borders. One thing I'm wondering is the same people who were against locking down the south border I wonder if they are going to be more silent when people sneak in and bring the virus in with them now.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

People want to get back to business as usual. They want the Old Normal back. Especially those who are younger. They just don't get it.... Covid-19 is not on their schedule, their timeline. We are on its. Can't just decide that it's enough now when they want to. Numbers dip a bit for a couple of weeks, everyone thinks "We're good!"

This is why a 2nd wave of infections spiking is going to be about as shocking and surprising as the Sun rising in the morning.
    Right on target. As I predicted many posts ago when California reopened this would be the case and it's playing out right now.

Throw in the protests and is it any surprise that: "Known infections have particularly spiked among younger residents, increasing 44% in just over two weeks for people between 18 to 40 years old, as more spaces in the county reopened for business."

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a...ions-increase/
    Last edited by SCEMan; 06-29-2020 at 09:10 PM.

It is a hard task to convince people with a lot of energy to become couch potatoes.
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    You may be right, or this cat may really think his head is on straight and might benefit with a little 'what ifs'. Key here is to not continue with this line of discussion.
    Yes, but someone posting stuff like that is not usually open to change their mind. A PM might be better. Their level of ignorance/misinformation is usually high.
    Last edited by turbodog; 06-28-2020 at 03:54 PM.

I said it early in the corona virus 1 thread:
    Humans do a helluva good job at spreading disease.

You reading this, or me or people we know maybe not, as we do our part to slow the spread but the fact still remains that humans do a helluva good job at spreading disease despite the best efforts by many of us.

"Wash your hands, stay 6' apart, don't touch your face" still applies. Wearing a face covering seems to help. Avoiding crowds seems to help too.
    John 3:16

Silver Moderator

Here is an interesting perspective of the progress so far.

https://rt.live/

Tom
    Behind every Great man there's always a woman rolling her eyes...

Most batteries don't die - they are tortured to near death, then murdered...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Here is an interesting perspective of the progress so far.

https://rt.live/

Tom
    I've been watching that site for months now, comparing against worldometer stats and so on. With R0<1, it should be dying out, but the infection numbers don't reflect that. They are increasing exponentially. It's a _slow_ exponential, but steady.

Mind you I'm talking about one particular state, but the same rules still apply.

It's bizarre.... Map of Europe, with infection running rampant everywhere, except right smack in the middle, at the very bottom. And Greece's northern border is definitely vulnerable to people sneaking in. And yet, covid-19 can't add Greece to its tally of conquered nations. And I have no clue why other world leaders who are friendly with Greece, aren't picking up the phone, calling, and saying, "Great job with corona. Could you help us out and tell us what you're doing in your country that's so effective?"
    It's a small Country with a population of only 11 million, the outbreak started in winter when Greece has little tourism. I don't know how popular it is with Chinese visitors, especially in winter, but as the tourist season is about to reopen then things may change rapidly in Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    Greece has an advantage in that about 3/4 of its boundaries are water and if they can lock down their land border well it should theoretically reduce influx of the virus from outside by a similar amount. I thnk another advantage is it has only 11 million people and a rather large area for that amount so social distancing becomes more "natural" for all but those in packed cities I would figure.
    Compare it to the US with 33 times as many people in it and porous borders. One thing I'm wondering is the same people who were against locking down the south border I wonder if they are going to be more silent when people sneak in and bring the virus in with them now.

I'm wondering the same thing.

One thing about Greece I do know, guys in Haz-mat suits are regularly spraying down city streets to help keep the infection at bay. America is definitely bigger, but I sure as heck don't see men in Haz-mat suits spraying down sections of New York city (or any city) on a regular basis. A coordinated effort to do so in sections would realistically be feasible. I mean, clearly it's working. And, America has a numerous boatloads more resources and money than Greece. Just seems that much more could be done, but our mayors and governors just aren't putting in their best efforts. Maybe that's not true. But it sure as heck seems that way.
    Last edited by Monocrom; 06-29-2020 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Clarification.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave D View Post
    It's a small Country with a population of only 11 million, the outbreak started in winter when Greece has little tourism. I don't know how popular it is with Chinese visitors, especially in winter, but as the tourist season is about to reopen then things may change rapidly in Greece.
    Their leaders have stayed on top of the virus. There are smaller countries in terms of population size which have been ravaged by covid-19. If you count The Vatican City as a country with just under 800 people in it, then Greece is roughly #14 on a list of 49 European countries in total. (Going from highest population size to lowest.) But I agree that it'll be interesting to see how Greece handles the tourist season, if their leaders even let any tourists in this year.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

this is what i wear https://youtu.be/uJlhwWFAAxI
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

I'm wondering the same thing.

One thing about Greece I do know, guys in Haz-mat suits are regularly spraying down city streets to help keep the infection at bay. America is definitely bigger, but I sure as heck don't see men in Haz-mat suits spraying down sections of New York city (or any city) on a regular basis. A coordinated effort to do so in sections would realistically be feasible. I mean, clearly it's working. And, America has a numerous boatloads more resources and money than Greece. Just seems that much more could be done, but our mayors and governors just aren't putting in their best efforts. Maybe that's not true. But it sure as heck seems that way.
    I have a feeling sanitizing streets and such is a waste of money as probably very few people get the virus from surfaces and even if you pick it up from a surface washing your hands would defeat it infecting you. Investing money in temperature sensors to detect fevers in people probably would be a better use of money.

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    this is what i wear https://youtu.be/uJlhwWFAAxI
    I mostly think you're joking. If not....

PM me. I'll send you a free mask (a good one). Really good filter too.

Seriously, I've got enough unused washable/re-usable, hand-sewn masks to bury a mountain underneath them.
    Last edited by Monocrom; 06-29-2020 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Clarification.

I have a feeling sanitizing streets and such is a waste of money as probably very few people get the virus from surfaces and even if you pick it up from a surface washing your hands would defeat it infecting you. Investing money in temperature sensors to detect fevers in people probably would be a better use of money.

Those are important, that's true. I just see it as, World leaders should look at all the measures Greece is employing. Get some very intelligent and educated individuals to study those measures. (I'd say let the WHO handle that, but they've shown themselves to be surprisingly incompetent.) Figure out which measures are most effective. Then spend money on those to battle back against covid-19, effectively.

Flashaholic*

Those are important, that's true. I just see it as, World leaders should look at all the measures Greece is employing. Get some very intelligent and educated individuals to study those measures. (I'd say let the WHO handle that, but they've shown themselves to be surprisingly incompetent.) Figure out which measures are most effective. Then spend money on those to battle back against covid-19, effectively.
    Taiwan has had the most amazing response by far.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

I mostly think you're joking. If not....

PM me. I'll send you a free mask (a good one). Really good filter too.

Seriously, I've got enough unused washable/re-usable, hand-sewn masks to bury a mountain underneath them.
    yeah im jokeing i have a cheap dispoable mask i just reuse it. i assume long as im the only one wearing it i should be fine. only draw back of my mask is if i breath hard from walking or running the mask moves with my breathing
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Regarding those who won't wear masks, I ran across this statement today -

"The fragility of folks who won’t wear a mask is truly breathtaking. I lived for four years inside two internment camps, and I heard less bitching and whining there than I do today."

-George Takei (Sulu from Star Trek) today on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler View Post

"The fragility of folks who won’t wear a mask is truly breathtaking. I lived for four years inside two internment camps, and I heard less bitching and whining there than I do today."

Regarding those people who now wear a mask because it is the "right" thing to do, and because it "protects" people from dying... how many years in the past have you not been wearing any mask passing on viruses and the flu never knowing if someone gets it from you and passes on to someone who dies because you were not masked? Why is it today suddenly people masking is noble and such but in the past nobody did it?

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler View Post

Apples to oranges. A different time and much different people. The Japanese are very a very prideful people. They don't tend to bitch and wine.

Ask Mr. Takei about folks refusing to stop the behavior causing the rampant spread of Aids during the 80's. I wonder if he found their reasons to also be breathtaking. ...... Just sayin.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

ive only had the flu once and a cold maybe 4 times. but im crazy about avoiding germs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Apples to oranges. A different time and much different people. The Japanese are very a very prideful people. They don't tend to bitch and wine.

Ask Mr. Takei about folks refusing to stop the behavior causing the rampant spread of Aids during the 80's. I wonder if he found their reasons to also be breathtaking. ...... Just sayin.
    Well if you ask me his making a statement IS whining about people whining.

Well if you ask me his making a statement IS whining about people whining.
    Actually, I was just about to ask you your thinking.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic*

Default Coronavirus - II

Regarding those people who now wear a mask because it is the "right" thing to do, and because it "protects" people from dying... how many years in the past have you not been wearing any mask passing on viruses and the flu never knowing if someone gets it from you and passes on to someone who dies because you were not masked? Why is it today suddenly people masking is noble and such but in the past nobody did it?
    I asked this about 1376 posts ago, granted I may be the last man in southwest Virginia/northeast tennessee/eastern Kentucky that wears one and people look at me like I’m an alien.
    Last edited by bigburly912; 06-29-2020 at 09:15 PM.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Los Angeles County just closed the beaches for the 4th in response to the wave of new infections.

"L.A. County reports 2,903 new COVID-19 cases, highest number ever since the pandemic hit. Health officials said 1 in 140 people infected with the virus are “walking around not knowing they are infected,” a threefold increase from the 1 in 400 projection given just last week."

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a...hit-officials/

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Apples to oranges. A different time and much different people. The Japanese are very a very prideful people. They don't tend to bitch and w(h)ine.
    Very true. My ex-Mother In Law was interned at Manzanar during the war while her future husband was in Europe with the 442nd Regimental Combat Team. I never heard her complain about her experience, even when we visited there in the 1980s.

^ Too much Saki for me.

Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455565758596063 ... LastLast