ArmyTek        
Page 74 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2464676869707172737475767778798081 LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2429

Thread: Coronavirus - II

Default Re: Coronavirus - II

I go to the independent guy I know who is a straight shooter and isn't bound by the manufacturer to make a certain number of book hours a month.
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    I go to the independent guy I know who is a straight shooter and isn't bound by the manufacturer to make a certain number of book hours a month.
    LOL They don't actually work all those hours. There is a book they go by with standard hours listed per job, which they use for billing labor, whether they work all those hours or not. You're probably aware, IOW, book says job takes 2 hours, but the mechanic gets it done in 45 minutes, still charges you 2 hours.

I religiously used independent mechanics, formed relationships and trust spanning years, until I got a relatively modern car, 2011 model, and it is so complex with computers and new systems only the dealer can be trusted to work on it. Kind of blows. I used to have some small understanding of how stuff worked, now in all the modern cars one is lucky to figure out where the battery is.

Quote Originally Posted by night.hoodie View Post
    I used to have some small understanding of how stuff worked, now in all the modern cars one is lucky to figure out where the battery is.
    So true. Sam's Club wouldn't put a new battery in my Audi Quattro sedan, said the dealer had to reset the system software. I took the battery home and swapped it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SCEMan View Post
    So true. Sam's Club wouldn't put a new battery in my Audi Quattro sedan, said the dealer had to reset the system software. I took the battery home and swapped it myself.
    Sounds like BMW, which stands for 'bring my wallet' if you didn't know!
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

John 3:16

The proper technique escapes some breeds...

Quote Originally Posted by night.hoodie View Post
    LOL They don't actually work all those hours. There is a book they go by with standard hours listed per job, which they use for billing labor, whether they work all those hours or not. You're probably aware, IOW, book says job takes 2 hours, but the mechanic gets it done in 45 minutes, still charges you 2 hours.
    I religiously used independent mechanics, formed relationships and trust spanning years, until I got a relatively modern car, 2011 model, and it is so complex with computers and new systems only the dealer can be trusted to work on it. Kind of blows. I used to have some small understanding of how stuff worked, now in all the modern cars one is lucky to figure out where the battery is.
    I believe you unknowingly made my point in the first portion of your response. The manufacturer likes to see xxxx number of book hours per month based on number of vehicles seen. They charge based on book time. They care not for customer loyalty. My independent shop charges based on time taken, and wants happy repeat business. One operates blindly based on greed, one operates based on keeping it's customers happy.

I was using an analogy in my response to you, not looking for a discussion tangent. Back on topic please.
    Last edited by scout24; 09-26-2020 at 05:45 AM.

Wink2 Re: Coronavirus - II

I think this may help understanding why modern vaccines can not infect the vaccinated with the very virus they aim to prevent. chillim already seems to have covered why the polio vaccine is different, that in aggressive attempts to eradicate polio globally, many in Third World counties require a single dose vaccine that contains weakened strains of polio virus, while residents of First World countries can reasonably receive a vaccine containing dead virus with a timed booster later.

When the first polio vaccine was developed in 1935, medical science simply was not up to today's standards, and early tests on live subjects with vaccines containing live virus proved to be catastrophic. 85 years ago, fission had not yet been discovered, travel by horse still dominated the country side and continued to do so until the end of the Depression in 1939, freezers wouldn't enter the home until 1940, air conditioning in the home would not become commonplace until the 1950s, and manned spaceflight would not appear until the early 1960s. In the 1930's, life expectancy at birth was only 58 for men and 62 for women, compared to today's 78.93 years. That's just crazy, so in a lot of respects, 1935 was a very different world.

You can't get flu from a flu shot. Here's why.

Searching for information about the vaccines being developed for coronavirus vaccines, I found this.
    None of the early vaccines being tested by Moderna, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, or Johnson & Johnson are live weakened versions (similar, for example, to the measles, mumps, rubella, or varicella vaccines). Modernaís and Pfizerís are mRNA vaccines, and AstraZenecaís and Johnson & Johnsonís are non-replicating vectored vaccines. SOURCE
    While there are myriad strategies for developing coronavirus vaccine, and one therefore must include the idea of using weakened live virus, no one is working on that strategy, though it is possible it may become necessary for certain populations... but very likely not in the United States and other First World or even Second World nations.

So to pick the exception in polio virus from problems occurring half a century ago, and spread fear and doubt saying, "vaccines can infect you," is an incredibly irresponsible and scientifically ignorant statement, and for residents of the United States in 2020, simply untrue.

Everyone wants to be smartest, but few are willing to do the work required to actually know everything about a subject, and I do not claim such knowledge of anything. If one person says Benjamin Franklin discovered electricity in 1759, someone else may argue it was William Gilbert who coined the term in 1600, while someone that may know less about the history of science might have heard about the Bagdad Batteries estimated to be from 250BC. Having a few random facts is not knowledge, it is trivia.. Thus it is trivia (not trivial) that early polio vaccines caused infection and killed a handful of children with polio in the early live experiments in the mid-1930's, but it is not at all knowledge of the medical state of vaccines today, and why would anyone trust something like that? Almost half a million people died from smoking last year, so why would you smoke? (FWIW, I smoke. Piss off.) More than 40,000 people were killed in a car accident last year, so why would you still own and drive a car? Over 500 people were killed by their own gun last year, so why would you own a gun? Be smart, not a smart ass. Be rational. If a vaccine is released today in the United States (perhaps not under this particular administration), you better believe it has been tested and it is safe, and it is best for you and for everyone to be vaccinated as soon as possible.

Why mess with that kind of Karma?
    Last edited by night.hoodie; 09-27-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Amazing, itís like chillinn is still here with us in this very thread....

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Amazing, itís like chillinn is still here with us in this very thread....
    One's reminded of Whac A Mole.
    The question is no longer - What will they do? It's now - Is there anything they won't do?

Flashaholic*

Default Coronavirus - II

Did everyone miss the part where chillin said name one instance of this ever happening? Where in the hell are the rest of these responses coming from? Wow people. People fight and argue when there is nothing at all to argue over.
    Last edited by bigburly912; 09-27-2020 at 11:47 AM.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Infection _rates_ are ticking back up nationwide.

We are looking pretty good overall, but keep the course.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

I'm not sure if colleges and primary schools opening back up has bumped up the numbers. Testing has increased, at least amongst that demographic.

am i the only one who fears coughers?
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

That'd be one way to cut voluntary testing.

Raggie- Nope, I avoid anyone coughing by as wide a margin as possible...

I don't worry about coughing as long as it is mild here as lots of people cough due to allergies and dust including me. I've been coughing on and off since March this year.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

I'm more concerned about coughing around people than people coughing around me.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    I'm more concerned about coughing around people than people coughing around me.
    That is why I stocked up on cough drops. My favorite is the vitamin C ones from Target for $1.99. They taste pretty good and aren't the most expensive. For some reason I often start the day coughing till about noon then stop. It could be high humidity is the culprit.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

When Mrs. Fixers parrot hears I'm awake it says "cough, cough, achew, bless you" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chillinn View Post
    The anti-science, anti-education, pro-conspiracy theory element in our society cannot be silenced... but we can ignore them, and if they refuse vaccination, for the sake of herd immunity, we can legislate against them, and fine them, which will coax them to accept a preventative medicine that is infinitely less dangerous and damaging to them than all the fast food, soda and alcohol they willfully consume.
    Will you be voting against the party that has now delayed the vaccine by an additional two months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello NY;
    While I understand your sentiment, this line of inquiry may not be entirely fruitful as the member you've replied to is on a bit of a break, having recently run afoul of a number of forum policies that CPF staff utilizes to encourage constructive discussion.

Although we do our very best to not discuss forum moderation, I do feel that this thread would be benefited by a reminder of the reasons why we discourage inflammatory political posting; an example of which had occurred earlier in the conversation here.

Best regards,
    K

LOL... That meme is funny!

I'm looking forward to the return of Disney's "The Mandalorian"
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Kind of funny that we have star wars characters coming out of our fires in California. We got a baby Yoda kitten. What's next? Maybe a Sasquash Chewbaca or something that looks like Jar Jar Binx?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on Fenix View Post
    [...] What's next?
    Plenty of time for more; the year is only ~85% over, lol. :-/

im thinkng winter is going to be scary
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Wink2 Re: Coronavirus - II

Nice to see ya hoodie. Welcome to the discussion.

I realize medical tech has become amazing since 1976, some due to zero gravity research. But a touchdown is still 6 points and mass production still has occasional hiccups that make it out of the factory doors.

Plus as I said, my tin hat tendancies (as a long term Coast to Coast listener) has me thinking conspiracy stuff more than flaws in the medicine.
    Ah. A kindred soul!

Unenlightened

im just tired of the situation. the only thing that has kept me going is Christmas and new year . hoping that we will have a better year

Quote Originally Posted by goodchristmas View Post
    im just tired of the situation. the only thing that has kept me going is Christmas and new year . hoping that we will have a better year
    One....

Two.... All sarcasm aside, if the General Public keeps acting the way it has been throughout 2020, that better year is realistically looking like 2022.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

trumps personal aid has covid. this is getting scary ps i dont think this is politics if it is i will delete this

Page 74 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2464676869707172737475767778798081 LastLast