Acebeam        
Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2326272829303132333435363738394043 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - II

Default Re: Coronavirus - II

Quote Originally Posted by RedLED View Post
    He forgot his mask in the car...a likely story!
    He is the guy who held a press conference to take back his appology for wearing black face in college so he could deny that was him in the photo, then asked the press corp if they wanted to see his moonwalk……

It seems as though somebody on his staff walking with him would have said "uh, sir the optics of not at leasy carrying a mask?" More do as I say not as I do American politicianism.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Word on the street KG is when his wife saw that pic he's slept on the sofa since then.

Mask rule began in my state yesterday. Word last evening was about 50/50 compliance. Mrs. Fixer at her work said she pulled hers down over her chin to get some fresh air and a masked customer approached and said "good for you" and pulled hers down too.
    This supports what I said last week.
    What did this customer infer with her comment "Good for you" ?
    1. You are going to defy the governor's decree? "Good for you!", So will I!
    OR
    2. Wearing a mask protects you from getting the virus. You are not afraid of getting the virus, Good for you!... neither am I, so I will pull down my mask too!.

Once again... wearing a mask does NOT protect the wearer, but rather helps to protect OTHER people. BUT many people do not understand that simple fact, and think that it directly protects them.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    OR
    2. Wearing a mask protects you from getting the virus. You are not afraid of getting the virus, Good for you!... neither am I, so I will pull down my mask too!.

Once again... wearing a mask does NOT protect the wearer, but rather helps to protect OTHER people. BUT many people do not understand that simple fact, and think that it directly protects them.
    im pretty sure wearing a mask helps the wearer .it aint 100 percent but it provides some more safety
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    OR

Probably yes to both. I've no idea what that lady meant. Apparently they were about 15 feet apart at the time.

I would speculate the customer was saying I'm not afraid of you.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-30-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Flashaholic*

Word on the street KG is when his wife saw that pic he's slept on the sofa since then.

Mask rule began in my state yesterday. Word last evening was about 50/50 compliance. Mrs. Fixer at her work said she pulled hers down over her chin to get some fresh air and a masked customer approached and said "good for you" and pulled hers down too.
    Funny, just the other day I performed a similar act of defiance

While in grocery store, standing behind the plexi glass barrier a fairly new checker said "you've been in my line three times now and I have never seen your face".. So I said "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" and we both pulled down our masks laughing the whole time

Btw, the very cute checker was keeping count 🤗

Crazy times
    Last edited by raggie33; 05-30-2020 at 08:11 PM.
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Flashaholic*

^^ LMAO Yes That is me!

Mask rule began in my state yesterday. Word last evening was about 50/50 compliance.
    I find it pretty awesome actually that in Virginia, a place of business can refuse you service if you don’t wear a mask or face covering. The segment of folks complaining about wearing one almost certainly have never complained about “No shirt, no shoes, no service.”

It reminds me of the very recent Mike Pence tweet about respecting people’s right to peacefully protest...this, from the guy who showed up and very publicly walked out of a football game last season because of peaceful sideline protests.
    The beauty of Science hugely outranks the charms of superstition

Maybe the Vice President was meeting peaceful protest with a peaceful protest of his own? It has to be a two way street...
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Wearing a shirt or shoes doesn't affect the way I breath, nor hide my identity.

If I were the conceal carry type of self defender wearing a facial ID blocker makes me illegal to carry.

And in some peoples minds it is a sign of bowing down to tyranny. Especially now that case numbers are falling even though huge increase in people tested and the population is resuming normal life.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-31-2020 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Maybe the Vice President was meeting peaceful protest with a peaceful protest of his own? It has to be a two way street...
    I’m pretty sure that when you were writing that, you knew it was bunk, in the exact same way that the VP made the announcement in 2017 that he was going to a game where he knew guys would be kneeling and then waited to leave until the cameras were on him to do it. That wasn’t a “two way street peaceful protest,” in addition to showing support for his president, that was pure pomp and circumstance that cost taxpayers a bunch of money that didn’t need to be spent.

Quick question Byk...has the VA state police or any local policing force/union/lobbyists vocalized any complaint about the “legality” of wearing a mask as the Gov has proclaimed? Perhaps I missed reading that but would gladly read any of their arguments if you provide me with some links.

And “tyrannical?” Please. How in the mind of reason and logic would requiring a mask or face covering when entering an enclosed building rise to the level of “cruel and oppressive government or rule?” I’ve just gotta shake my head at that thought process...

“Please do not enter this building without a mask or face covering” We posted a version of that WaWa sign up on the two doors to our business yesterday. We were slammed packed ALL day with customers wearing masks. We only had one person come in without one (his wife was wearing one - and also wearing a shirt that said “I’m with stupid” [j/k about the shirt part ]) and when we asked him to please put one on that we would provide for him, he did. Some people actually do look out for the common good.

Again, very few of the whiners about wearing a mask have probable ever complained about the no shirt or no shoes policy simply because they never had a narrative to fill. Plus it’s an election year!
    Last edited by wacbzz; 05-31-2020 at 09:27 AM.

The segment of folks currently looting and setting businesses on fire most certainly aren't complaining about having to wear masks.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    The segment of folks currently looting and setting businesses on fire most certainly aren't complaining about having to wear masks.
    Tongue-in-cheek trigger warning...

But they were wearing them.

Today's grocery run was again a fairly normal experience. There was one panic buyer who had an over flowing cart but then again she may have been restocking day care center or something. Most of what she had was in small sizes like you'd do for lunches.

A few folks were not wearing masks. It was kinda humerous to see them being more pissed off at all the mask wearing folks who seemed to have a live and let live look in their eyes. On one side of the store, say aisle 1 you'd see people fully covered and by aisle 3 had their nose uncovered. Especially the older folks. One lady was telling a worker "I can't read labels with this mask on". She was looking for canned peaches and had canned pineapples in her hand when she asked for help. She was not wearing glasses so it wasn't due to fogged lenses.

One worker had on a Dallas Cowboys mask. I said "go cowboys" and he howled "I hate the cowboys but I lost a bet and have to wear this all day". lol. He's a Vikings fan btw. Another worker had a picture of her grandfather on her mask saying he had passed away from covid-19 related issues. The pic was him in his uniform from Vietnam days.

Most had generic stuff but there were the matching couples who's attire matched all the way to their designer face coverings. Many had those black sports masks and one character had a bacleva with an N95 over it. He must not have read the memo of why they are being used. Some local ems folks come in there while we shop each week. Today they were wearing masks. A first for those folks.

The only shelves empty were medical supplies like rubbing alcohol or peroxide. Plenty of toilet paper, meats, rice and other stuff that has been missing for a time. The buzz was all about the cities on fire and how most being arrested aren't even from those areas, even from the state they were arrested in. But it was nice to see an $8 steak is $8 again and skim milk is back in good supply. The Frito Lay gal told me my favorites, the thin Cantina style Tostitos sell out as fast as they make them so look for rubbing alcohol to be back before I see those again. Factories are seemingly focusing on the big sellers like nacho cheese Doritos or regular Tostitos. Dratz. And the strawberries n grapes from Brazil are in short supply due to them struggling with the virus now. They're now #2 in the world for cases and have passed the half million mark quickly.

It was overall pretty chill considering. Most did not want to wear face coverings, you could tell. But were being law abiding citizens in a community where the case numbers are flat since early to mid-May when local nursing homes were able to gain a foot hold on the spread rate.

The one thing I noticed was nobody was offended by people choosing not to cover up. Some of who I know personally and know they don't have a valid reason to not cover up.

Not going to get into a fish measuring match with wacbbz because I really don't care about his views of mask, no mask, Trump, Pence or anything of the sort. I really don't. I could provide counters to any of the demogogary all day (just ask Star Halo) but instead I just play devils advocate about both sides of a situation. I started a masks thread a while ago if you want my personal view on the matter.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-31-2020 at 09:45 AM.

I scored 2 packs of toilet paper today.

My biggest takeaway from this all has been 1) I've learned the importance of keeping TP in stock at home 2) I feel like this has been one long product test. I've tried basically every brand on the market now ranging from cheap to expensive and everything in between.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Peeeeeeete!! You're alive!! Good to see you.

I am glad I don't have a job as a security guard as used to be when someone came in a place wearing a mask they would pull out their guns and have a chance but now everyone wears a mask so it takes that advantage away. Shoplifting should also increase as people with masks can easier thwart cameras capturing their face and face recognition software in places that have a lot of cameras are now useless.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

For me a mask is a small inconvenience. I don't want to get sick nor do I want to transmit an aerosolized virus to others. I've heard some reports that experts are now saying surface contamination is far less important than aerosolized virus. If this is true, masks are far more important than wiping surfaces down.

Banned

Ohio will cross 2,000 deaths today, they also had more new cases on the single day of Friday than the rest of the entire week combined. Widespread looting and the loss of several downtown Cleveland businesses has been reported in the wake of weekend protests, including damage to buildings at Cleveland State University; the mayor has instituted a curfew starting at noon today and lasting into Monday, with police roadblock ID checks at all bridges and all lift bridges raised. And this is how their local paper covers it:

If I were the conceal carry type of self defender wearing a facial ID blocker makes me illegal to carry.
    Also, in addition to my earlier posts, I’d asked for information from you about the Va State police or any group saying it was illegal to conceal carry and wear a mask during these times. This would impact me personally. Since I didn’t get any, I went looking myself and figured that I’d correct the completely false statement above in case anyone may believe it or spread it around as truth:

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Sh...570844441.html

As well, here is what the actual Code of Virginia says on the matter:

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/...ction18.2-422/

DR/TL version: As VA is under a declared “state emergency” (shouldn’t it be “commonwealth emergency?”), and in order to comply with the governors orders, it is NOT illegal to conceal carry and wear a face mask right now.

A lot of newspapers have been laying off their real journalists and moving towards digital-friendly "journalists," but this is sad.

Some of who I know personally and know they don't have a valid reason to not cover up.
    I guess I don't really understand this. What is considered a "valid reason"? Wouldn't "cuz I don't wanna" be considered valid?

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    I guess I don't really understand this. What is considered a "valid reason"? Wouldn't "cuz I don't wanna" be considered valid?
    The VA governor specifically listed the “valid reasons” why one doesn’t have to wear a face covering and “cuz I don’t wanna” isn’t one of those:

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/me...-Buildings.pdf

Last edited by wacbzz; 05-31-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    The VA governor specifically listed the “valid reasons” why one doesn’t have to wear a face covering and “cuz I don’t wanna” isn’t one of those:

Yep. Still don't wanna. And that's valid for me. Guess it's good I don't live in VA

FWIW: I have not gone anywhere where a mask is "required". I can wait to get my nails done - (actually enjoying taking care of them myself) - I only get my hair "done" twice a year and honestly have been handling that pretty well myself too. I do almost ALL of my shopping online or have it delivered to my house or do curbside pick up. Granted - I live in a city/county/state that has not been hit as hard as so many others. But I have adapted. Heck, I took an Uber to the Cigar Bar yesterday and didn't even have to wear a mask for that! The driver didn't wear one either - had a fabulous conversation with him! ---- I guess my motto coming out of this is "You do you, Boo!"... I really don't care to judge others for their choices. And honestly couldn't give a damn about any who judge me.
    Last edited by Greta; 05-31-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Flashaholic*

Default Coronavirus - II

The VA governor specifically listed the “valid reasons” why one doesn’t have to wear a face covering and “cuz I don’t wanna”
    I forgot it in my car and wanted to take pictures on a crowded beach with all my adoring fans is a valid reason however.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post

^^ Not to this guy. ^^

<SNIP>
    wacbzz,
    This is snipped from your link above as a part of the VA governor's order.

D. Exceptions
    The requirement to wear a face covering does not apply to following:

6. Persons with health conditions that prohibit wearing a face covering. Nothing in this Order shall require the use of a face covering by any person for whom doing so would becontrary to his or her health or safety because of a medical condition.

Any person who declines to wear a face covering because of a medical condition shall not be required to produce or carry medical documentation verifying the stated condition nor shall the person be required to identify the precise underlying medical condition

I can see how some will misinterpret this to mean that they could just lie, and state that they have a medical condition, and get off "Scott Free".
    That is NOT the case.

They can be given a summons, and then if they choose to go to court, I am sure they will have to produce a doctor's note confirming that they have a medical condition, and that wearing a face covering would be detrimental to his/her health.

The order would be in contradiction to HIPPA* if not for the inclusion of that exception; but now, written as it is, it does not require the person to release any SPECIFIC health information.
    * Note: HIPPA stands for Health Information Portability and Privacy Act. It is Federal Law.
    Last edited by Poppy; 05-31-2020 at 04:18 PM. Reason: punctuation
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

With our local mall now back open and today being a nice day Mrs Fixer and I decided to go out and enjoy an afternoon at the mall. I wanted to buy a pair of shoes from a mom n pops that had been closed up. So we went to one knowing they carry our favorites brand(s) of flip flops. We left there with some shoes then went to a JC Penney to perhaps put a buck or two in their pocket to help keep a 100 year old legacy going.

We walked hand in hand throughout a giant empty building with most stores not even bothering yet. No ice cream shop, no soda fountain or hobby shops open. The stores that were open were nearly empty except JC Penney where I found some great deals, but the place had one check out line with about 100 people all packed together, bumping into each other. I put the stuff back on the racks they came from and left empty handed.

One place, a cajun restaraunt was having a grand opening. Tough timing there. The parking lot to that place was empty. Nobody at the book store, the greeting card store, the kids clothing store and the furniture store near it.

Overall it was a fairly depressing experience. But this years flip flops were bogo so there was that.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-31-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    I forgot it in my car and wanted to take pictures on a crowded beach with all my adoring fans is a valid reason however.

^^ Not to this guy. ^^
    Quick to the draw you both are, but sadly, both wrong on your timelines. His “face covering” decree was after the beach incident. Just looking for a reason to dislike the order doesn’t count for being correct.

Byk, you should pay closer attention to what’s going on in VA. You were already incorrect about the legality of face coverings and conceal carry. Not “liking” something doesn’t make it wrong...

...and certainly not tyrannical.

Folks have been making such a big deal about posting stuff here on CPF that is factually incorrect...well, perhaps we should just restart that idea from here forward...how about only truth or facts and not opinion of truth or facts?
    Last edited by wacbzz; 05-31-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2326272829303132333435363738394043 ... LastLast