The Fenix-Store        
Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 949525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2055

Thread: Coronavirus - II

Default Re: Coronavirus - II

When you can find them, graphed historical data of current (not cumulative) Covid hospitalizations by state, is interesting. Possible unknowns due to some hospitals not reporting and the question of accurate diagnosis. Many states are looking good. Others, well, thinking they may achieve herd immunity 'au naturel' sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    Apparently you didn’t read what I said at all? I said that by the CDC stating that any unknown death should be attributed to Covid without proper testing just based on “we think that’s what it was” they left an open narrative for anyone that wants to argue the validity of deaths attributed to covid. Anyone can say “well the government is lying because deaths not attributed to covid are called covid deaths”. Even though it’s pretty obvious that more people died from it that weren’t counted as covid.

Does that make sense? Just those guidelines are enough for someone to twist that into what they want.
    Yes I read it. 4x. And I've been reading the same thing for months. I've also watched at people use it as an excuse to ignore reality.

The article from JAMA I linked is one of several noting that even with the 'loose' classifications of c-19 deaths, there are still significant unexplained deaths above historical averages. I'm not speaking to people twisting things around. I'm reminding that we have excess deaths (linked via current reputable source).

It seemed that you had hard evidence of studies/data that pointed the opposite way, no twisting required.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    Yes I read it. 4x. And I've been reading the same thing for months. I've also watched at people use it as an excuse to ignore reality.

The article from JAMA I linked is one of several noting that even with the 'loose' classifications of c-19 deaths, there are still significant unexplained deaths above historical averages. I'm not speaking to people twisting things around. I'm reminding that we have excess deaths (linked via current reputable source).

It seemed that you had hard evidence of studies/data that pointed the opposite way, no twisting required.
    How did you come up with that? I clearly said that it “could be flipped” the other way. Which is easily done when the CDC chose their wording so poorly in that interview. Lots of the conspiracy theory guys are using that interview to say that every death without a positive test during this thing was attributed to covid. I never said I support that argument.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    When you can find them, graphed historical data of current (not cumulative) Covid hospitalizations by state, is interesting. Possible unknowns due to some hospitals not reporting and the question of accurate diagnosis. Many states are looking good. Others, well, thinking they may achieve herd immunity 'au naturel' sooner?
    I did some quick looking around. Found some interesting data from CDC.

Short version: tests are running about 15% positive overall. My takeaway from direct feedback from medical people is that as testing is overwhelmed (happening already, and will get worse) expect it to be harder to be tested... your symptoms will need to be significantly more severe before a test is ordered. Nation/worldwide shortage of reagents and limited supply of testing equipment and lab people to runs tests.

Scroll down to the 3 charts of public, clinical, and commercial labs.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iew/index.html

If I run across charted hospitalizations I will come back.

What I think you want to know is how much extra capacity do we have? This is a harder number to track down, or 'pin down'. ICU beds fill up sometimes on normal days, so that doesn't mean what you think it means. ICU capacity can also be expanded... you can put adults in the pediatric ICU. You can put patients in regular rooms. NOTE: this is assuming you have staff to monitor and take care of ICU patients.

C-19 is in the hospitals. I have direct knowledge of staff infected. If you are lucky you catch them at the door with a temp scan, test them, and send them home. If unlucky they work a shift, see patients, hang out at the nurse station, visit cafeteria, visit breakroom, and so on. Then you get to quiz them and review 8-12 hours of security footage to see where they went. Then EVERYBODY gets a fresh test and a LOT of people go home. C-19 is adding significant inefficiencies into al already stressed system.

https://covidtracking.com/data
    Last edited by turbodog; 07-06-2020 at 11:16 PM.

How did you come up with that? I clearly said that it “could be flipped” the other way. Which is easily done when the CDC chose their wording so poorly in that interview. Lots of the conspiracy theory guys are using that interview to say that every death without a positive test during this thing was attributed to covid. I never said I support that argument.
    Sorry. When we are talking 'articles' I thought that meant accurate & timely data/studies from legitimate sources. Yes, clearly you can find tons of 'stuff people have written' that's a blend of misinformation, bad analysis, false conclusions, and craziness that refutes all manner of things, even the roundness of the earth.

my freinds got the covid 19 they say it feels if your dieing. there both in there 40s and 50s so i hope they beat this mess
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Silver Moderator

I believe that the best defense is a good offense.

I am doing everything to increase the strength of my immune system. There seems to be a lot of information on vitamin D defcencies and deaths from the virus.

I decided to get my vitamin D levels checked. I think I am OK. The test came back at 59 ng/ml.

What are your vitamin D levels...?

Tom
    Behind every Great man there's always a woman rolling her eyes...

Most batteries don't die - they are tortured to near death, then murdered...

No idea but I am outside a couple hours every day for work so I gotta figure I’m all D’d up.

I checked my last D3 test and it was 47. Still good. I take 2x
    D3's daily, as I am seldom our in the sun.

Bill

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

What do convicts in prison do for Vit. D?
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    I did some quick looking around. Found some interesting data from CDC.

Short version: tests are running about 15% positive overall. My takeaway from direct feedback from medical people is that as testing is overwhelmed (happening already, and will get worse) expect it to be harder to be tested... your symptoms will need to be significantly more severe before a test is ordered. Nation/worldwide shortage of reagents and limited supply of testing equipment and lab people to runs tests.

Scroll down to the 3 charts of public, clinical, and commercial labs.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iew/index.html

If I run across charted hospitalizations I will come back.

What I think you want to know is how much extra capacity do we have? This is a harder number to track down, or 'pin down'. ICU beds fill up sometimes on normal days, so that doesn't mean what you think it means. ICU capacity can also be expanded... you can put adults in the pediatric ICU. You can put patients in regular rooms. NOTE: this is assuming you have staff to monitor and take care of ICU patients.

C-19 is in the hospitals. I have direct knowledge of staff infected. If you are lucky you catch them at the door with a temp scan, test them, and send them home. If unlucky they work a shift, see patients, hang out at the nurse station, visit cafeteria, visit breakroom, and so on. Then you get to quiz them and review 8-12 hours of security footage to see where they went. Then EVERYBODY gets a fresh test and a LOT of people go home. C-19 is adding significant inefficiencies into al already stressed system.

https://covidtracking.com/data
    I heard on a talk show today that in Texas they only have 15% of the people in the ICU are Covid patients the other 85% are people that couldn't get treated in the hospital because the virus shut things down. I suspect a lot of hospitals and patients were put off going to the hospital till recently which can account for a lot of ICU beds full.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

i think wearing a mask as farting in a elevater its my right to fart away but i care about others.
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    i think wearing a mask as farting in a elevater its my right to fart away but i care about others.
    Depends on the type of beans you ate..... regular or covid beans.
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    Depends on the type of beans you ate..... regular or covid beans.
    im rocking 15 bean soup with a bit of sausage i am trying to quit meat so i lower the sausage everytime

I heard on a talk show today that in Texas they only have 15% of the people in the ICU are Covid patients the other 85% are people that couldn't get treated in the hospital because the virus shut things down. I suspect a lot of hospitals and patients were put off going to the hospital till recently which can account for a lot of ICU beds full.
    The hospitals I have info from... I don't know the c-19 to 'normal' icu patient mix. I do know that some hospitals are going back to the 'no elective surgery' policy. My cousin, a MD in AL, texted me this morning. He's concerned about an explosion in hospitalization rates in recent days in his state. He's got a fairly good take on AL's status, being over multiple 'family medical clinics' and some ER depts as well.

Not picking on nurses when I talk about positive c-19 staff running around hospital. Same goes for housekeeping, foodservice, bloodbank, hematology, pathology, radiology, phlebotomy, managers, c-suite, interns, etc.

All in healthcare are risking their lives to care for you (and me). Let's respect that and do what we can to help. Stay several feet apart, avoid indoor crowds, mask up, and wash hands.

It is starting to ramp up here as a city just went to maskdatory startus (mandatory masking) and they are considering it here in my city I have this feeling that it will probably happen and not a good time of year for it either as they are forecasting 100 degrees in the week ahead and heat indexes higher than that as humidity has increased. As I sort of figured the younger folks are tired of the distancing and masks. I don't wear a mask but try and distance myself and also am careful of people who are coughing and sneezing although I sometimes cough due to natural air pollution comes and goes here been coughing a little on/off since winter started last year.
    I guess this is good news in a way as most of the people getting infected are in the lower risk range where deaths are considerably more rare such that as the infections increase the deaths and hospitalization rates and duration are decreasing. All of this is slowly buiding up herd immunity (or maybe due to testing lagging behind building it up faster than realized I am guessing but without accurate numbers who knows if it will take a year to reduce the "victim" pool down to levels that maskaparting is no longer the norm.

It is starting to ramp up here as a city just went to maskdatory startus (mandatory masking) and they are considering it here in my city I have this feeling that it will probably happen and not a good time of year for it either as they are forecasting 100 degrees in the week ahead and heat indexes higher than that as humidity has increased. As I sort of figured the younger folks are tired of the distancing and masks. I don't wear a mask but try and distance myself and also am careful of people who are coughing and sneezing although I sometimes cough due to natural air pollution comes and goes here been coughing a little on/off since winter started last year.
    I guess this is good news in a way as most of the people getting infected are in the lower risk range where deaths are considerably more rare such that as the infections increase the deaths and hospitalization rates and duration are decreasing. All of this is slowly buiding up herd immunity (or maybe due to testing lagging behind building it up faster than realized I am guessing but without accurate numbers who knows if it will take a year to reduce the "victim" pool down to levels that maskaparting is no longer the norm.
    do you live in hell? good lord 100 degrees? wtf no joke it was 85 here yesterday and i got dick walking to the store

do you live in hell? good lord 100 degrees? wtf no joke it was 85 here yesterday and i got sick walking to the store

Flashaholic*

I’m in southwestern Virginia and it’s been high 80 low 90 all week. I’m in an area where nobody feels the need to mask anyway it seems. And the new fun thing to do is go to pigeon forge tennessee and bring back covid. It’s a fun time.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Not hell... just Oklahoma where we often get into the 100s in the summer with humidity that pushes heat indexes sometimes into the 110 degree ranges. We tend to be more used to it than people who don't have that hot of a climate. Years back my relatives from Phoenix came here for a few weeks in the summer and they were struggling with the humidity, as they have it a lot hotter there but I think the humidity there is sometimes so low that it actually has lower heat index than the actual temperature? I may be wrong about that though they were struggling and complaining about getting hot because they were not used to sweating so much to keep cool.

Now my sister lives in Houston and there it is a LOT more humid and about as hot as it is here if not a little hotter at times I would not want to live there in the summer and be outdoors for more than a short time.... ugh.
    Last edited by Lynx_Arc; 07-08-2020 at 04:55 AM.

Flashaholic*

Default Coronavirus - II

So if SPCO offers me a job in Oklahoma I know to graciously decline haha
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Not hell... just Oklahoma where we often get into the 100s in the summer with humidity that pushes heat indexes sometimes into the 110 degree ranges. We tend to be more used to it than people who don't have that hot of a climate. Years back my relatives from Phoenix came here for a few weeks in the summer and they were struggling with the humidity, as they have it a lot hotter there but I think the humidity there is sometimes so low that it actually has lower heat index than the actual temperature? I may be wrong about that though they were struggling and complaining about getting hot because they were not used to sweating so much to keep cool.

Now my sister lives in Houston and there it is a LOT more humid and about as hot as it is here if not a little hotter at times I would not want to live there in the summer and be outdoors for more than a short time.... ugh.
    i rather it be 40 below then hot i judt cant deal with heat in winter i dont even turn on my heat. then the hoa made me get rid of my ac so now i have to use them portable units that has a vent hose in the window

i rather it be 40 below then hot i judt cant deal with heat in winter i dont even turn on my heat. then the hoa made me get rid of my ac so now i have to use them portable units that has a vent hose in the window
    You can have the 40 below stuff I don't care much for it as often you end up with a cough that lasts for weeks and working on cold pavement makes my feet hurt after awhile.

So if SPCO offers me a job in Oklahoma I know to graciously decline haha
    Yup.. you better as we don't need your kind here. (insert evil laugh here)
    Most of the people I've heard of that move here like it with the exception of the weather being different we actually have summers and winters but winters are a lot more mild often like spring compared to northern states but we do usually have snow which freaks out some of those from places like California. I also think that some areas of the state and cities are a lot better than others in the corner of the state we are in here we typically have a lot of green to it while some parts out west are dryer

raggie,
    I hope that you got dual hose units, not single hose units.
    Dual hose units, pull in outside air to cool the hot side of the AC unit, and blows it back out hotter.
    But it doesn't cause a vacuum inside the house/apartment.

Single hose units, use air from inside the house (that you already paid to cool) to cool the hot side of the AC unit, and blows it outside.
    This creates a vacuum inside the house/apt which will be filled by the outside (hot air).

Overall, dual hose units are cheaper to operate.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    raggie,
    I hope that you got dual hose units, not single hose units.
    Dual hose units, pull in outside air to cool the hot side of the AC unit, and blows it back out hotter.
    But it doesn't cause a vacuum inside the house/apartment.

Single hose units, use air from inside the house (that you already paid to cool) to cool the hot side of the AC unit, and blows it outside.
    This creates a vacuum inside the house/apt which will be filled by the outside (hot air).

Overall, dual hose units are cheaper to operate.
    Unfortunately, the reality of portable AC units is that they're all markedly less efficient than a window unit. The realities of packaging them, handling condensate, and trying - trying - to make them acceptably quiet comes at the cost of efficiency.

Good luck finding a dual-hose portable AC these days. I've never seen them at the likes of the Home Despot and even on the 'zon they're a vanishing breed. Suspect that the greater cost of a 2-hose unit and the diminished consumer experience of two hoses verses one has selected the sub-genre for extinction in the consumer space.

Lastly, once you get past the general truth that single-hose is less efficient than dual hose, the real-world differences are ... not quantified ... in the searching I've done on the subject. The Wirecutter claims that the differences are marginal, but frustratingly also fails to provide data.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Last year we bought a 14000 btu dual hose Friedrich portable unit with an EER of 9.5

The compressor is really quiet. Three fan speeds, and on high, it is a little loud, but low, fairly quiet.

Neither Lowes, nor Home Depot had ANY dual hose units. We got ours at Best Buy.

I figured that the single hose units were a stupid design. I know that a fireplace, that is not designed to burn outside air, makes the rest of the house cooler/cold due to the vacuum it creates by way of the chimney. Therefore, it stands to reason, that a single hose AC unit will create a vacuum in the house, that will be replaced by the hot humid outside air. That's why I searched for, and insisted on a dual hose unit.

After I installed it, I spoke with my brother, who had a couple portable units. Unbeknownst to me, they were single hose units. He sealed up and insulated his detached garage, and used one of the single hose portables in it. At first it seemed to cool, but as it got warmer out, and it had run for a while, it couldn't keep up at all. He realized that the HOT Attic air was getting in through the access panel in the ceiling, and filling the garage with hot air, replacing the cool air that was being blown out of the room by the AC unit.

He put a hole in the wall, and put in a small window AC unit and has been comfortably cool even on much hotter days.
    He got rid of his portable units.
    Last edited by Poppy; 07-08-2020 at 12:09 PM.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

my freinds got the covid 19 they say it feels if your dieing. there both in there 40s and 50s so i hope they beat this mess
    Please check in on them from time to time.... by phone.
    I'm sure they'd appreciate it. At my Co-op, we have four separate boards with four separate board Presidents residing over them. Boards are simply marked numbers 1 - 4. President of #1 passed away from Covid-19 awhile back. A friend of his posted that info. on the front door of every building. A day later, those postings were gone. Guessing members of the various Boards, or maybe just building management, figured such news might panic the other residents. A huge chunk of whom are elderly.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

me and the hoa dont get allong (insert colorful language here)my hoa. well back to my ac i wss broke when they told me to remove my window unit i had to get one for 270 bucks.i wanted dual hose my unit is at 75 degrees now it will cost me around 4 bucks per day in power. this is total for my house i like to keep it under 2 bucks but i cant in summer

Quote Originally Posted by RedLED View Post
    What do convicts in prison do for Vit. D?
    Some prisons, though not all, have vitamins that can be purchased by prisoners at the commissary.

Vitamin D is typically added to milk that folks can buy anywhere. Prisoners do get served milk, at least at breakfast time. Though again, seriously doubt all prisons do that. And the amount of vitamin D in milk seems rather small.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 949525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast