FourSevens        
Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2124252627282930313233343536373841 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - II

Default Re: Coronavirus - II

Current megadrought in the western U.S. is the second worst in the last 1200 years, and it has no appearance of letting up. And as a native of the area, it just gauls me to see the Colorado River used to water lawns and for recreation. It was rude of me to call them morons, as I was once young and fun, but the times are a changing, and the current, often wasteful, approach to living in a desert environment will need to change. Greed and water built the West. Greed and the lack of it might kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    Is anyone seeing hand cleaner is the stores?

I've seen hand sanitizer in the red "bullseye" store, although it wasn't the inexpensive stuff. Some distilleries are re-working their plants to produce hand sanitizer in the bottles that they usually use for booze, so you might find these hand sanitizers in unexpected places.

Is anyone seeing hand cleaner is the stores?
    When at home, warm soap and water is as good as anything else.

I am on the East Coast, in New Jersey. I have not seen any hand sanitizer, like Purel, on the shelves until, last week. It is fours times as expensive.

If I am out, and have touched some things, I am very careful, not to touch my eyes, until I get home and wash my hands.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Raggie33,
    Disposable gloves are also hard to come by.
    Here we are in a disposable society, and we just throw them away.
    There is no rule against washing used gloves and re-using them.
    If you use gloves, you can wash them and re-use them, or as it has been suggested, wait three days before you re-use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    When at home, warm soap and water is as good as anything else.

I am on the East Coast, in New Jersey. I have not seen any hand sanitizer, like Purel, on the shelves until, last week. It is fours times as expensive.

If I am out, and have touched some things, I am very careful, not to touch my eyes, until I get home and wash my hands.
    I have iguanas so i have to be double careful they carry salmonella.soon as i get payed im buying welding gloves for my pets
    There nails are so darn sharp
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

I have iguanas so i have to be double careful they carry salmonella.soon as i get payed im buying welding gloves for my pets
    Chickens carry salmonella. Warm soapy water works.

Welding gloves are REALLY thick. If deer skin, or calves skin gloves wouldn't protect me, I'd get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler View Post
    I've seen hand sanitizer in the red "bullseye" store, although it wasn't the inexpensive stuff. Some distilleries are re-working their plants to produce hand sanitizer in the bottles that they usually use for booze, so you might find these hand sanitizers in unexpected places.
    I love that store
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    Raggie33,
    Disposable gloves are also hard to come by.
    Here we are in a disposable society, and we just throw them away.
    There is no rule against washing used gloves and re-using them.
    If you use gloves, you can wash them and re-use them, or as it has been suggested, wait three days before you re-use them.
    Nitrile gloves are indeed reuseable.

Flashaholic*

Can you take a Dremel tool with small sander drum and take off the iguana claw tips?

We had more than a few come visit our camp sites south of border. They like to eat meat.. Jimmy Dean sausage and Spam.. In fact the wild Mexican iguanas are scroungers

Those sharp claws could carry diseases 🐉

Flashaholic*

At the moment there is a interesting documentation in german TV. Unfortunately it is mostly in German, but the US people in the interviews are stilll understandable - in english:

https://www.zdf.de/dokumentation/zdf...-oben-100.html

Guess it is an interesting documentation - especially if you are at least capable understand a little bit German.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    Mod isn't the German link politically motivated as well?

There is an English and German version..
    Dunno. Didn't watch it. The comment posted with the link is what I looked at. WarriorofLight did not make any kind of political commentary or even imply an opinion other than "interesting".

(Hint: Let it go - FYI.. I speak German)
    Last edited by Greta; 05-26-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Flashaholic*

I have been reading between the lines lately.. Thanks!
    Last edited by knucklegary; 05-26-2020 at 04:22 PM.

I read the words. I failed to learn anymore German than they showed on Hogans Hero's so I chose not to squander the data.

Looks like a German version of a CNN story to me. Even quoted a CNN reporter.
    It's just another hit piece brought to us by our friends on the left. (yawn)
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-26-2020 at 04:55 PM.
    John 3:16

For those of us who are haveing issues with grocery shoping can you live on flour? A course i mean baked into biscuits and breads etc etc. im pretty sure the cowboys back before cars lived on it

For those of us who are haveing issues with grocery shoping can you live on flour? A course i mean baked into biscuits and breads etc etc. im pretty sure the cowboys back before cars lived on it
    They also had a good supply of jerky

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    They also had a good supply of jerky
    Dang guess ill still be shopping. Ps once again no one wearing a mask. Well i wore one im germ phobic. And the store still closes at 830 pm.

You need to search "prepper food staples"; rice, beans, oats, peanut butter, etc, all cheaper/easier to prepare and store than flour.

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    You need to search "prepper food staples"; rice, beans, oats, peanut butter, etc, all cheaper/easier to prepare and store than flour.
    Ill get more of them as well i sure hope this mess is over soon. Good news at least i saw bleach today.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

They ate a hard biscuit called hardtack.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedLED View Post
    They ate a hard biscuit called hardtack.
    i made my first non bisquck biscuits tonights they came out good considering i used a food processor to mix it

Hey everyone in your town what percentage of people wear a mask at the store? And what part of the country are you in? Or what country? Here id say its like 15 percent wear mask im in north ga usa

Flashaholic*

In Germany you must wear a mask in stores, in trains, busses... If you do not wear a mask the security at the store entry will not let you in. I also see in a bus that the driver was throwing someone out of the bus becaus he was not wearing a mask.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Hey everyone in your town what percentage of people wear a mask at the store? And what part of the country are you in? Or what country? Here id say its like 15 percent wear mask im in north ga usa
    Here's what happens if you show up to a store without a mask in California:

My governor declared a decree. Starting in a week masks required inside businesses. It's so important that well, let's just start doing it 5 days from now.
    No enforcement, if you have medical conditions like trouble breathing you don't have to but no proof required. Call me crazy but I thought a symptom of covid is trouble breathing.

Mr Fixer and I figure it's more about pitting neighbor against neighbor than about the pandemic from the guy seen a couple of days before the decree walking down a sidewalk shaking hands and posing for selfies with strangers without a mask. Crowds of way more than 10 people. Shaking hands? I thought that was verboten these days. What happened to the max 10 people thing?

Yup, there's lady in the Food Leopard on aisle 6 is not wearing a mask somebody call the manager…… same people who rat out their neighbor for letting neighborhood children play at their home.

In some communities I can see it. Yeah. Cases still rising, folks crowded together etc sure. But communities with little to no spread? I have kept a mask and gloves mask with me for several weeks now, but deploy them when not possible to stay away from people. Mrs Fixer and I have been sharing masks with others since March.
    I've already got my "do as Ralph says not as Ralph does" mask ready to deploy. My brother has a darth vader mask (with breathing holes poked in it) and Mrs Fixer says she has invented an invisible mask. In case that doesn't work hers says "mask rule sucks".
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-27-2020 at 05:59 AM.
    John 3:16

Went out for a brief grocery expedition yesterday - seemed like perhaps 25% were wearing masks in contrast to the last such venture 2 weeks ago where it was the inverse. Costco's mandate is effective: not only does everyone have a mask, but will sheepishly re-apply one when they realize they've been spotted with their mask off. Of course, mask usage is inconsistent wherever one goes - heaven forbid one's nose be obstructed or one not have another meaningless conversation while meandering the aisles of the megalomart. One place where I see almost no mask usage is the liquor store; something about that demo perhaps...

With TX so eager to re-open I hope there's not another spike in cases; Denton County saw a spike in reported cases a week ago comparable to the March spike. Mercifully my employer is in no hurry to end WFH.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Flashaholic*

Denton county, TX appears out of the mainstream. Have the experts figured out why covid death rates are so high in population of approx 700k

Recording people on video is an odd thing. Some lose their minds while others stay cool. Costco guy stayed cool and wasn't hooked.

Bexar County texas. Masks are mandatory, but no penalty. 80-90% in the grocery, 70% at the blue home improvement store.

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    Denton county, TX appears out of the mainstream. Have the experts figured out why covid death rates are so high in population of approx 700k
    If we use 'concluded' cases as the denominator then the lethality rate is higher than one would expect : 30 / (636 + 30) = 4.5%, higher than the first source I could find suggesting that the lethality is 1.4%. Testing is still rather low at <1% of the population, suggesting that the asymptomatic are not yet being tested thus the baseline case rate could be higher than reported.
    Last edited by idleprocess; 05-27-2020 at 09:44 AM. Reason: wrong maths
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

100% mask wearers so far in my town on the eastern border of Los Angeles county. But I don't think this will last long with the reopening now underway.

Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2124252627282930313233343536373841 ... LastLast