Prometheus        
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14545758596061626364
Results 1,891 to 1,895 of 1895

Thread: Coronavirus - II

Default Re: Coronavirus - II

are local news caster name is corona . talking about being conffused
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    Our local news caster name is Corona. Talking about being confused.
    It was a fairly popular name once. Doubt anyone will be naming their newborn daughters "Corona" for quite a long time.

In other news, for one-stop shopping; Home Depot has Paper towels, hand-sanitizer (and at better prices than any place else), anti-bacterial wipes, alcohol-based sprays for disinfecting surfaces that way too, and masks (mainly the gaiter variety). Masks are decent. You can get better ones on Etsy. Ironically you can get worst ones on there too. At least H.D. is open and for many, a short drive away.

For anyone thinking I'm giving H.D. free publicity. Nope! Still a scumbag company with plenty of disgusting official political stances. But when you need basic items during a deadly planetary (I'm not calling it "global," that's just idiotic) pandemic, you get what you need from those who have it.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Silver Moderator

Hello Poppy and PhotonWrangler,

They claim that their unit doesn't produce ozone.

Their unit produces H2O2, O2-, and OH- as ions. It looks like the UVC is used to purify the moisture in the air prior to it being ionized.

If your room has an air change every 5 minutes, this unit probably won't help much. If you shut up the room and don't change the air often, this unit seems to have some possibilities.

A consideration... If it is working on the space station, is it possible that it could also work on earth?

Tom
    Behind every Great man there's always a woman rolling her eyes...

Most batteries don't die - they are tortured to near death, then murdered...

Thank you for clarifying that, Tom. This makes much more sense.

I'm a little unclear on how long the air has to be exposed to the UVC lamp to have a good germicidal effect, however I'm guess it's longer than the second or two that it takes to whiiz past the lamp, so it would probably need to get recirculated pretty often. I'm guessing the HVAC indiustry has some cfm-vs-UVC energy density calculations for this.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Hello Poppy and PhotonWrangler,

They claim that their unit doesn't produce ozone.

Their unit produces H2O2, O2-, and OH- as ions. It looks like the UVC is used to purify the moisture in the air prior to it being ionized.

If your room has an air change every 5 minutes, this unit probably won't help much. If you shut up the room and don't change the air often, this unit seems to have some possibilities.

A consideration... If it is working on the space station, is it possible that it could also work on earth?

Tom
    Vaporized H2O2 strikes me as tough to pull off and dangerous due to reactivity of the chemical. Like ozone, if you get the concentration high enough to be effective it's a problem. Much more than ozone, it's not just an irritant but an immediate threat to life.

The whole thing strikes me as very questionable in effectiveness and the reality of pulling if off successfully.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vapori...rogen_peroxide

O2- ions in vapor form are legit. Very wordy alert for the article below.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4882552/

My guess is that they are mainly generating O2- with trace amounts of H2O2 and OH-. So basically a non-ozone ozone type machine. If they made more than trace amount of H2O2... bad juju. Allowable limits for that are 1ppm.

Still suffers from low CFM and filtering inefficiency.
    Last edited by turbodog; Yesterday at 08:26 PM.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14545758596061626364