ArmyTek        
Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18586162636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2195

Thread: Coronavirus - II

Default Re: Coronavirus - II

well sadly i was right about herman cane rip
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

+

::People are going to think I 'm making this up, it is the truth::

Just this morning I left a local business and was talking to the owner about Covid.

This business owner told me of a good friend of his & wife went to get tested, the line of cars was extremely long and taking very long.
    They did do the paperwork, but left before actually getting doing the test,, it was just taking an extremely long time.

This couple forgot about it; but a couple weeks later received a letter stating they both had a positive coronavirus test.
    Last edited by orbital; 07-30-2020 at 10:54 AM. Reason: wording

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    well sadly i was right about herman cane rip
    So sad, RIP Herman

Quote Originally Posted by orbital View Post
    +

Just this morning I left a local business and was talking to the owner about Covid.

This business owner told me of a good friend of his & wife went to get tested, the line of cars was extremely long and taking very long.
    They did do the paperwork, but left before actually getting doing the test,, it was just taking an extremely long time.

This couple forgot about it; but a couple weeks later received a letter stating they both had a positive coronavirus test.
    Absolutely believe that 100%.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    So sad, RIP Herman

Absolutely believe that 100%.
    he was such a great guy who came from nothing and became a huge success
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

he was such a great guy who came from nothing and became a huge success
    We had a godfather's pizza in my hometown, used to go after baseball games. Herman ran that company for quite some time.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    I have Shamwows all over my house. I use them for just about everything... especially good for cleaning my bulldog's nose rope. And he likes it! When I even say the word "ShamWow", he heads to the kitchen for a cleaning. Great for cleaning those stainless steel appliances without streaking (use Pledge, not ordinary kitchen cleaners). Soooo... I would imagine, they would be quite effective as a mask... they work for everything else! - I would wear the logo... but yeah, the color? Meh. Maybe you can hand wash it and add a couple drops of food coloring to the rinse water?

Now let's look at the other part of this commercial... Vince. I LOVE Vince! He sold me the SlapChop many years ago! Dude totally cracks me up!

The mask would survive the washing machine. But the ear-loops wouldn't. Main reason why the vast majority of online, independent, seamstresses selling masks recommend handwashing. Usually warm water with mild detergent. Then, hang the mask up to dry.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler View Post
    I bought a package of these. The package claims "Adjustable nosepiece for enhanced fit" but there is no adjustable nosepiece. I'm not using them. Buyer beware.
    Unfortunately, through Trial & Error and buying up a bunch of different masks from a bunch of different sources; I've found that the Big Name companies that now make masks are making only decent ones at best. (With New Balance being the huge exception. Their mask design is excellent. But all of their supply is sold to Healthcare workers exclusively.)

No, the absolute best source I've found is Etsy. And even then.... Etsy is one of those places that lets everyone sell on their platform, yes even children! So, much of the place is a sewer; with quite a few cesspools that make the sewers look good. But there are indeed some sellers who are very professional. Out of over 100+ masks from countless different sellers, I found a handful (no, not joking) who actually know how to make proper masks. Quality masks. Absolute best you can get when it comes to washable/re-usable, hand sewn masks. Filter pockets (open ended, that's important). Nose-wires for that much needed tight seal on the face. Proper head-ties or elastic ear-loops that are comfortable.

PM me for a list of those sellers if you need good masks. Why not take advantage of what I've learned. And you get to save a small fortune along the way. Seriously, a handful. I wish I was joking.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

they started baseball again looks like it is already canceled . who did not see this coming?
    I love me some baseball! Go Mets!.... And I wouldn't blame the players for going far, far away from New York City right now.

In a case of obvious news being obvious, those in charge of MLB decided to be greedy and stupid. The result?....

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/c...with-outbreak/
    Last edited by Monocrom; 07-30-2020 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Typo.

this scares me so much i have a feeling the country will be in worse shape then 1929. so may people with no job due to covid 19. and all the jobs replaced by machines etc etc. i guess im lucky im dirt poor so i wont be effected to much. plus im terrified id get covid 19

... plus im terrified id get covid 19
    All we can individually do to stay safe is our best. Look.... cutting through all the B.S., that means wearing a good mask. Properly. Without your nostrils exposed. Yes, it's easier to breath with a mask on that way. Also a heck of a lot easier to get infected. Might as well not even be wearing a mask.

Only go out when you absolutely have to. Limit how long you're outside. When outside, maintain social distancing. 6 feet apart or more if possible. See someone outside without a mask, trying to talk to you? Tell them to get the Hell away from you. So what if they think you're being rude. Try to social distance as much as you can in the supermarket. Yes, I know that's not easy. But try.

Even better, if you can, order your groceries online.

Get plenty of hand-sanitizer. Home Depot is one excellent local source for that. I hate that frickin' company, but they have it. Get disinfecting wipes. That miserable company has those in stock too. Sometimes they even have surgical masks. (Though those masks take longer to get used to than a good Olson style face mask.)

Going to be touching plenty of things when outside? Get a box of gloves from your local pharmacy. A box of 100 goes by faster than you'd think it does.

Get plenty of soap from the local pharmacy or the supermarket. Doesn't have to be anti-bacterial. But if it is, hey; even better. Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds per wash.

These things do work. Despite what anyone tells you. Are they 100% effective? No. But name something that is when you're engaging in an activity. Main thing is, be cautious. Don't live your life gripped by fear. I'm in the middle of the most heavily infected city on the whole damn planet. I still take care of what I need to take care of. Still go out when it's necessary. Getting food, and doing other things to take care of myself and my elderly mother. For some, this whole thing is about an Academic Discussion. Maybe that's how they cope with it. Who knows. For me, it's about taking pragmatic precautions. Living in fear isn't going to cause this virus to burn itself out.

All we can do is take the pragmatic precautions that we all know already exist. No point in living in fear. No need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    [...] When outside, maintain social distancing. 6 feet apart or more if possible. See someone outside without a mask, trying to talk to you? Tell them to get the Hell away from you. So what if they think you're being rude. [...]
    Honestly, my life got a lot better when I stopped worrying about what every last person thought about me.
    Important people in my life, yes certainly; but everyone else - who /cares/ what they think ?

[...] These things do work. Despite what anyone tells you. Are they 100% effective? No. But name something that is when you're engaging in an activity. Main thing is, be cautious. [...] All we can do is take the pragmatic precautions that we all know already exist.
    Fully concur. As an engineer (/not/ a theoretical scientist), I don't obsess about trying to get to that 100%.
    And I rapidly tire of individuals who loudly belittle expedient protective measures because they are not fully 100% perfect.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 07-30-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orbital View Post
    +

Can we please stop posting rumors like this? This is the Nth time I've read the same thing. Never have seen proof. And even _if_ it happened (likely due to some paperwork error, human error, computer error) we still have a pandemic to fight.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...5ky-story.html
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    Can we please stop posting rumors like this? This is the Nth time I've read the same thing. Never have seen proof. And even _if_ it happened (likely due to some paperwork error, human error, computer error) we still have a pandemic to fight.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...5ky-story.html
    howdy .. been awhile since I posted on cpf .. looks like there's solid evidence of phony tests going on in Florida.
    now days it's almost impossible to post about C19 without being political .. when in fact hard science should be driving topics related to C19.

Americasfrontlinedoctors being censored is a prime example.
    with a new website and new attorney Lin Wood
    https://americasfrontlinedoctorsummit.com/

DeSantis is Demanding an Investigation People Who Haven’t Been Tested Are Testing Positive for COVID19 (www.liveleak.com)

SCIENCE FRAUD: Florida Gov. DeSantis calls for investigation into why people are testing “positive” for coronavirus tests they never received
    https://dcdirtylaundry.com/science-f...ever-received/

All we can individually do to stay safe is our best. Look.... cutting through all the B.S., that means wearing a good mask. Properly. Without your nostrils exposed. Yes, it's easier to breath with a mask on that way. Also a heck of a lot easier to get infected. Might as well not even be wearing a mask.

Only go out when you absolutely have to. Limit how long you're outside. When outside, maintain social distancing. 6 feet apart or more if possible. See someone outside without a mask, trying to talk to you? Tell them to get the Hell away from you. So what if they think you're being rude. Try to social distance as much as you can in the supermarket. Yes, I know that's not easy. But try.

Even better, if you can, order your groceries online.

Get plenty of hand-sanitizer. Home Depot is one excellent local source for that. I hate that frickin' company, but they have it. Get disinfecting wipes. That miserable company has those in stock too. Sometimes they even have surgical masks. (Though those masks take longer to get used to than a good Olson style face mask.)

Going to be touching plenty of things when outside? Get a box of gloves from your local pharmacy. A box of 100 goes by faster than you'd think it does.

Get plenty of soap from the local pharmacy or the supermarket. Doesn't have to be anti-bacterial. But if it is, hey; even better. Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds per wash.

These things do work. Despite what anyone tells you. Are they 100% effective? No. But name something that is when you're engaging in an activity. Main thing is, be cautious. Don't live your life gripped by fear. I'm in the middle of the most heavily infected city on the whole damn planet. I still take care of what I need to take care of. Still go out when it's necessary. Getting food, and doing other things to take care of myself and my elderly mother. For some, this whole thing is about an Academic Discussion. Maybe that's how they cope with it. Who knows. For me, it's about taking pragmatic precautions. Living in fear isn't going to cause this virus to burn itself out.

All we can do is take the pragmatic precautions that we all know already exist. No point in living in fear. No need for it.
    ty for the info im always with my mask and hand sanatizer. i use it before and after i enter store. sadly i have to go to store often since i walk and cant carry much food. my back pack helps but i still have to make many trips. the online stores cost to much

The first link references a lab that tested correctly but simply failed to report their negative numbers. Bad reporting. Pos results still accurate.

Second link references some widespead CDC testing/evaluation. Mentions false pos/neg results which happen with any test.

Neither of those address the supposed earlier 'ghost positive'.

*Flashaholic*

The first link references a lab that tested correctly but simply failed to report their negative numbers. Bad reporting. Pos results still accurate.

Second link references some widespead CDC testing/evaluation. Mentions false pos/neg results which happen with any test.

Neither of those address the supposed earlier 'ghost positive'.
    look at the links I posted above .. yes there's actual basis for bogus tests results in Florida
    there's MUCH more evidence related to bogus test results ..

number of positive test results means little to nothing .. especially when C19 tests are about 50% inaccurate
    what counts if number of deaths .. even that number is grossly distorted.
    dying from C19 is completely different from dying with C19

example .. someone gets killed in a car accident and listed as C19 death
    someone with stage 4 lung cancer dies ... C19, etc etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cy View Post

SCIENCE FRAUD: Florida Gov. DeSantis calls for investigation into why people are testing “positive” for coronavirus tests they never received
    In the articles linked he called for people to come forward that this has happened to. He goes on to say that so far no people have, that there are no confirmed instances of this happening.

What we DO know is that it killed 252 people in FL yesterday, 1,465 in US alone.

look at the links I posted above .. yes there's actual basis for bogus tests results in Florida
    there's MUCH more evidence related to bogus test results ..
    Sorry. What am I misreading? Seriously... don't think I missed something like that.

*Flashaholic*

Sorry. What am I misreading? Seriously... don't think I missed something like that.
    have posted actual evidence for that yet .. since it's all but impossible to cover C19 without getting political ..

for instance .. masks don't work ... several randomized trials provides actual evidence that masks has no effect on flu with N95 masks in a healthcare setting.
    surgical masks and cloth masks has something close to 97% passthru .. N95 masks has about 44% passthru

most masks are for bacteria .. NOT virus which are too small for most masks worn by general public and most healthcare workers.

follow links posted above to Americasfrontline doctors videos .. viral videos with 17 million+ views in one day, quickly censored/deleted by youtube, facebook, twitter, etc.
    well worth watching .. science based evidence has nothing to with politics , yet it's all but impossible to avoid getting political due to media bias

*Flashaholic*

In the articles linked he called for people to come forward that this has happened to. He goes on to say that so far no people have, that there are no confirmed instances of this happening.

What we DO know is that it killed 252 people in FL yesterday, 1,465 in US alone.
    sorry all C19 death numbers are suspect ... there's a huge difference from dying with C19 vs dying from C19
    rules used by CDC to determine C19 are so lax it's ridiculous ...

CDC acknowledges mixing up coronavirus testing data
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar..._UDwRo.twitter

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) acknowledged Thursday that it is combining the results from viral and antibody COVID-19 tests when reporting the country's testing totals, despite marked differences between the tests.

First reported by NPR's WLRN station in Miaimi, the practice has drawn ire from U.S. health experts who say combining the tests inhibits the agency's ability to discern the country's actual testing capacity.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Ashish Jha, director of the Harvard Global Health Institute, told The Atlantic. “How could the CDC make that mistake? This is a mess.”

ADVERTISEMENT
    Viral tests — commonly referred to as PCR tests as most of them use a process known as polymerase chain reaction — are used by health professionals to determine whether or not a person is currently infected with the disease. During the pandemic, viral tests have been the most effective way of being able to diagnose a positive case of COVID-19. They are what state governments have been counting to track the number of confirmed cases of the virus they have.

Antibody, or serology, tests serve a different purpose. Unlike viral tests that are taken by nose swab or saliva sample, antibody tests examine a person's blood to see if their immune system has created antibodies to combat COVID-19. These tests allow doctors to see if someone has previously been exposed to the virus. As the push for widespread testing in the U.S. has strengthened, antibody tests have been widely produced, many experts have balked at saying that antibodies equate to immunity from COVID-19. Serology tests are also less accurate than PCR tests, increasing the chances for a false negative.

Moreover, a negative test means different things for either test. A negative PCR test indicates to physicians that the patient isn't currently ill with the disease. But, a negative serology test means that the patient has most likely not been exposed to or infected with COVID-19.

“The viral testing is to understand how many people are getting infected, while antibody testing is like looking in the rearview mirror. The two tests are totally different signals,” Jha told The Atlantic.

im no dr but i dont see how mask could not help! i asked people who work in the medical field everyone told me wear a mask

this scares me so much i have a feeling the country will be in worse shape then 1929. so may people with no job due to covid 19. and all the jobs replaced by machines etc etc. i guess im lucky im dirt poor so i wont be effected to much. plus im terrified id get covid 19

Best mask available is still limited protection, strongly consider safety glasses to compliment the mask. The mask is more to protect others from you(if infected), wearing glasses helps protect you. Just thoughts. I wont lie and say its fun, but i have been wearing safety glasses for a couple of month now........anti mist ones help a little. You can also buy an anti mist spray to coat the lenses which does help/work. This does need to be done daily .

I still think a face shield is the best choice, but you will get some funny looks!
    Here is a little health guide for NHS in the UK, level 1 PPE everyone working there has to follow as a minimum.

What is PPE?PPE stands for Personal Protective Equipment, and comes in several levels.
    What is level 1 PPE?
    • Single pair of gloves
    • Disposable plastic apron
    • Fluid repellent surgical mask
    • Eye protection if you feel there is a risk of patient coughing, or splash or droplet exposure.

https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/working-for-u...-faqs-ppe.aspx

*Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Best mask available is still limited protection, strongly consider safety glasses to compliment the mask. The mask is more to protect others from you(if infected), wearing glasses helps protect you. Just thoughts. I wont lie and say its fun, but i have been wearing safety glasses for a couple of month now........anti mist ones help a little. You can also buy an anti mist spray to coat the lenses which does help/work. This does need to be done daily .

I still think a face shield is the best choice, but you will get some funny looks!
    Here is a little health guide for NHS in the UK, level 1 PPE everyone working there has to follow as a minimum.

What is PPE?PPE stands for Personal Protective Equipment, and comes in several levels.
    What is level 1 PPE?
    • Single pair of gloves
    • Disposable plastic apron
    • Fluid repellent surgical mask
    • Eye protection if you feel there is a risk of patient coughing, or splash or droplet exposure.

https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/working-for-u...-faqs-ppe.aspx
    show me the evidence any of above works and I'm all on board!
    your link only describes what is PPE ... no evidence said PPE are effective preventing virus transmission

so far I've not seen a shred of evidence masks work to prevent corona virus infection
    but I've seen several randomize trials with thousand that shows no difference wearing N95 masks for flu in healthcare settings

now the lastest BS is wearing googles and/or face shields is somehow going to help prevent spread of C19
    it's reasonable to ask ... where's the actual evidence?

no actual evidence = BS

-------

N95 respirators

Honeywell is a manufacturer of N95 respirators. These are made with a 0.3 micron filter. (12) N95 respirators are so named, because 95% of particles having a diameter of 0.3 microns are filtered by the mask forward of the wearer, by use of an electrostatic mechanism. Coronaviruses are approximately 0.125 microns in diameter.

This meta-analysis found that N95 respirators did not provide superior protection to facemasks against viral infections or influenza-like infections. (13) This study did find superior protection by N95 respirators when they were fit-tested compared to surgical masks. (14)

This study found that 624 out of 714 people wearing N95 masks left visible gaps when putting on their own masks. (15)

Surgical masks

This study found that surgical masks offered no protection at all against influenza. (16) Another study found that surgical masks had about 85% penetration ratio of aerosolized inactivated influenza particles and about 90% of Staphylococcus aureus bacteria, although S aureus particles were about 6x the diameter of influenza particles. (17)

Use of masks in surgery were found to slightly increase incidence of infection over not masking in a study of 3,088 surgeries. (18) The surgeons’ masks were found to give no protective effect to the patients.

Other studies found no difference in wound infection rates with and without surgical masks. (19) (20)

This study found that “there is a lack of substantial evidence to support claims that facemasks protect either patient or surgeon from infectious contamination.” (21)

This study found that medical masks have a wide range of filtration efficiency, with most showing a 30% to 50% efficiency. (22)

Specifically, are surgical masks effective in stopping human transmission of coronaviruses? Both experimental and control groups, masked and unmasked respectively, were found to “not shed detectable virus in respiratory droplets or aerosols.” (23) In that study, they “did not confirm the infectivity of coronavirus” as found in exhaled breath.

A study of aerosol penetration showed that two of the five surgical masks studied had 51% to 89% penetration of polydisperse aerosols. (24)

In another study, that observed subjects while coughing, “neither surgical nor cotton masks effectively filtered SARS-CoV-2 during coughs by infected patients.” And more viral particles were found on the outside than on the inside of masks tested. (25)

Cloth masks

Cloth masks were found to have low efficiency for blocking particles of 0.3 microns and smaller. Aerosol penetration through the various cloth masks examined in this study were between 74 and 90%. Likewise, the filtration efficiency of fabric materials was 3% to 33% (26)

Healthcare workers wearing cloth masks were found to have 13 times the risk of influenza-like illness than those wearing medical masks. (27)

This 1920 analysis of cloth mask use during the 1918 pandemic examines the failure of masks to impede or stop flu transmission at that time, and concluded that the number of layers of fabric required to prevent pathogen penetration would have required a suffocating number of layers, and could not be used for that reason, as well as the problem of leakage vents around the edges of cloth masks. (28)

Masks against Covid-19

The New England Journal of Medicine editorial on the topic of mask use versus Covid-19 assesses the matter as follows:

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 20 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.” (29)

https://www.primarydoctor.org/masks-not-effect

CDC acknowledges mixing up coronavirus testing data
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar..._UDwRo.twitter

If you're going to post a link and text be sure to get the summary at the bottom of the article.

"The combining of the tests could lead to the skewing of the overall positivity rate of the test, a measurement that is one of the benchmarks used in the reopening guidelines released by the White House and CDC.

"I suspect it will artificially lower the percent positive," Caitlin Rivers, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told NPR."

So, according to your own article, FL is in WORSE shape than reported.

From my own direct experience... there's a ton of activity going on with c-19 right now. And there's a good bit of changes also. New equipment is getting ordered & setup. "Bedside" type tests are getting setup and people trained on them. There's widespread shortages of testing chemicals, machine shortages, employee shortages. Are there honest small errors at times? Yes.

These errors exist under the best circumstances... how do you think people get given the wrong drugs or blood types for transfusions?

Are the numbers largely accurate? Yes.

Are cotton masks as good as nylon/polyester? No.
    Are nylon/polyester as good as n-95? No.
    Are n95 good as n100? (yes there are better than n95) No.
    Are n100 better than n100 half-face respirator? No.
    Is n100 half-face respirator better than full face n100? No.

Are ALL of these better than nothing? Yes.

Due to exponential growth, even a 1% drop in transmission is HUGE after a very small number of DAYS. Days, not weeks or months.

Is more or less the southern 1/3 to 1/2 of the US on track for uncontrolled/uncontrollable outbreak immediately? Yes.

And concerning the front line dr video. Assuming they are credible... assuming there is treatment (cure is a STRONG word to use... and its use raises suspicion) the treatment will be useless unless preventative measures are in place to control spread. Without controlling spread, the numbers will spike so high so quickly you won't be able to get to a doctor for an appt nor will the drugstore have stock of the drugs needed.

You cant' grow your way out of a pandemic. Prevention is critical.
    Last edited by turbodog; 07-31-2020 at 09:50 AM.

*Flashaholic*

If you're going to post a link and text be sure to get the summary at the bottom of the article.

"The combining of the tests could lead to the skewing of the overall positivity rate of the test, a measurement that is one of the benchmarks used in the reopening guidelines released by the White House and CDC.

"I suspect it will artificially lower the percent positive," Caitlin Rivers, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told NPR."

So, according to your own article, FL is in WORSE shape than reported.

From my own direct experience... there's a ton of activity going on with c-19 right now. And there's a good bit of changes also. New equipment is getting ordered & setup. "Bedside" type tests are getting setup and people trained on them. There's widespread shortages of testing chemicals, machine shortages, employee shortages. Are there honest small errors at times? Yes.

These errors exist under the best circumstances... how do you think people get given the wrong drugs or blood types for transfusions?

C19 death numbers are cooked in America ... dying from C19 is completely different from dying with C19
    HCQ, zinc and Zpak or doyx if heart issues .. loads and load of evidence supports, if given early will all but eliminate C19

watch the Americasfrontlinedoctors videos!!!! links above

Are the numbers largely accurate? Yes.

Are cotton masks as good as nylon/polyester? No.
    Are nylon/polyester as good as n-95? No.
    Are n95 good as n100? (yes there are better than n95) No.
    Are n100 better than n100 half-face respirator? No.
    Is n100 half-face respirator better than full face n100? No.

Are ALL of these better than nothing? Yes.

Due to exponential growth, even a 1% drop in transmission is HUGE after a very small number of DAYS. Days, not weeks or months.

Is more or less the southern 1/3 to 1/2 of the US on track for uncontrolled/uncontrollable outbreak immediately? Yes.

And concerning the front line dr video. Assuming they are credible... assuming there is treatment (cure is a STRONG word to use... and its use raises suspicion) the treatment will be useless unless preventative measures are in place to control spread. Without controlling spread, the numbers will spike so high so quickly you won't be able to get to a doctor for an appt nor will the drugstore have stock of the drugs needed.

You cant' grow your way out of a pandemic. Prevention is critical.
    I've seen no evidence any of measures suggested by CDC actually works to prevent spread of viral infections aka china virus, wuhan virus, ccp virus etc.

vs randomize trials with thousands that reveals no evidence masks has any effect on transmission of flu in healthcare setting with N95 masks

I've got a meeting to go to but will ask this before I leave.

You are the governor, state health dept director, etc.

Virus is spreading like mad. Deaths are increasing (and lag infections by about 6 weeks which presents planning difficulties).

What do you do? What do you recommend?

Keep in mind you need something simple that all can understand and follow and that we have access to NOW in sufficient quantities for the entire US population.

It needs to be effective. If you fail then doctors' offices/hospital ER/etc will literally be overwhelmed and people will be dying in their homes.

*Flashaholic*

I've got a meeting to go to but will ask this before I leave.

You are the governor, state health dept director, etc.

Virus is spreading like mad. Deaths are increasing (and lag infections by about 6 weeks which presents planning difficulties).

What do you do? What do you recommend?

Keep in mind you need something simple that all can understand and follow and that we have access to NOW in sufficient quantities for the entire US population.

It needs to be effective. If you fail then doctors' offices/hospital ER/etc will literally be overwhelmed and people will be dying in their homes.
    watch the videos by Americasfrontlinedoctors! links posted above and below
    http://stateofthenation.co/?p=22423
    https://twitter.com/drsimonegold/sta...ll-so-m%2Fc%2F

sauce: for below and referenced by Americasfrontlinedoctors
    https://archive.is/H2Wuz

As professor of epidemiology at Yale School of Public Health, I have authored over 300 peer-reviewed publications and currently hold senior positions on the editorial boards of several leading journals. I am usually accustomed to advocating for positions within the mainstream of medicine, so have been flummoxed to find that, in the midst of a crisis, I am fighting for a treatment that the data fully support but which, for reasons having nothing to do with a correct understanding of the science, has been pushed to the sidelines. As a result, tens of thousands of patients with COVID-19 are dying unnecessarily. Fortunately, the situation can be reversed easily and quickly.

I am referring, of course, to the medication hydroxychloroquine. When this inexpensive oral medication is given very early in the course of illness, before the virus has had time to multiply beyond control, it has shown to be highly effective, especially when given in combination with the antibiotics azithromycin or doxycycline and the nutritional supplement zinc.

On May 27, I published an article in the American Journal of Epidemiology (AJE) entitled, "Early Outpatient Treatment of Symptomatic, High-Risk COVID-19 Patients that Should be Ramped-Up Immediately as Key to the Pandemic Crisis." That article, published in the world's leading epidemiology journal, analyzed five studies, demonstrating clear-cut and significant benefits to treated patients, plus other very large studies that showed the medication safety.

*Flashaholic*

Good short periscope from Scott Adams re: the cost benefit analysis of Hydroxychloroquine/zinc/azithromycin and fake news, even for Hydroxychloroquine skeptics. (mobile.twitter.com)

https://t.co/trfDfkx4TF?amp=1

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1rmGPYDnqXDJN

https://www.pscp.tv/ScottAdamsSays/1rmGPYDnqXDJN

Default Coronavirus - II

@ Cy:

Just to see if I understand your stand. Your method to combatting this would be to simply abandon all preventative methods and just Pump those who contract the disease full of medications?

Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18586162636465666768697071727374 LastLast