Klarus        
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - II

Default Re: Coronavirus - II

It was cold and rainy all day, then at 8:10 - Last night's sunset. Silver Lining
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

THAT is a beautiful photo. On occasion, I miss living in Washington. If I close my eyes, I can feel the warm June air turn cool and taste the scent of the towering pines as I race out towards Mt. Rainier on a Saturday morning on my motorcycle. Like it were yesterday.
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Bravo Greta.

My bet each day is it might be my last. Live for today but be careful to save a little too because tomorrow may happen.

I used to work with a guy who plays the game of life like he plays poker. Bluffs a lot and wins a lot. He smiles when you ask how he is doing and says "I'm living so I'm winning".
    John 3:16

Thanks, scout. It was a fortuitous catch. I should probably add, BTW, the house pictured is directly to the NE. The sun's rays were skimming Western Washington, just below the clouds.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

The sun certainly lifts your spirits during lockdown, or so Mr D has just advised me!

88 degrees today!!

Flashaholic*

Byk, i like your ideology.. there is no guarantee we will wake up in the morning. Live each day like it's your last

... and carry a big stick (-;

Stay well my friend and have a wonderful Sunday!

Dave D got it going on!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave D View Post
    The sun certainly lifts your spirits during lockdown, or so Mr D has just advised me!

88 degrees today!!
    Beautiful setting! The mountains remind me of the drive to Montserrat I took in 2015.

Pork: the other white meat.

Pulled out some chops from the stockpile.
    425, cook 10 minutes each side.
    Side of slow cooked baby limas and garlic laced mashed potato's. Yeah we're doing ok.

Off in the distance is the din of hells accountant motorcyclists not staying home. Sunny, 79 who can blame them?

Had to pick up groceries today, so I took my Goldwing out. Nicest day we've had this year- 76°, sunny and dry. You'd be suprised what that bike holds... 😁

This morning I had to drive into the belly of a beast to take an exam. Third highest cases in my state there. Second highest category, congregate setting. I was a bit nervous. Not because of the exam but where it was located. The drive passes through typical morning traffic snarls and if you could the interstate where I live lately there's still cause to leave early.

This time no log jams. So I arrived early. An hour early. The place was not open yet. I set in my vehicle noticing as employees arrived they were all driving alone, wearing a mask and latex type gloves and entered the building that way. So I stuff some gloves and a new disposable mask in my shirt pocket when it was time and go inside. I fully expected to be checked for fever and asked to fill out a questionaire. I also expected to be required to put on my anti corona gear.

What I saw when I got in there was 6 or so workers gathered around a coffee pot with none of the gear they wore when they walked in. "Would you like a cup of coffee?" one asked me as in just go up to the community pot and pour yourself a cup.
    I thought "no wonder this is the third highest county and the second highest setting". I declined the coffee. Then when time to enter the room to take a test everybody waiting were all huddled up in a line like there was free beer inside the room. I excused myself to a nearby restroom and let those fools all go in and settle down in a seat. I picked the chair the farthest away from anybody I could. People 10' away side to side but 3 feet in front or behind. I found a spot way over in a corner near an air vent so it would blow away any corona cooties. Cripes man that was unsettling to say the least.

I passed the test and got the heck out of that place, and that county as fast as my truck would go without getting a citation for reckless driving.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-04-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Its amazing, i know places open in the UK with nothing in place, including PPE. Luckily for weeks now, mask, safety glasses(last couple of). Test before going into the building, then tested 1/2 way through day. Also given a log sheet of areas been, Q code to scan with phone to do online(takes 1 minute of time). Canteen is 1 way, everywhere marked out 2m gaps, everyone follows the procedures. Hands washed entering, going to canteen, coming down from canteen. Food served in disposable trays, plastic knives/forks. Everything disposable, which has been like this for a month maybe.

With the slow-down of people the wildlife has prospered. Dolphins appearing in the shallow waters, whales not spooked by passing ships. Wild goats & sheep appearing in cities in europe. Less water & air pollution. More stars can actually be observed in the night skies. In the event of mankind's demise nature will celebrate.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Fixer,

In regard to your last post, why do you think they had the gear on outside but took it off once in? Makes no sense.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

I am not sure of the exacts spin, but here in UK the weather has been nice and sunny. Over the last 5 weeks, maybe longer, I can count the days of rain on one hand. Normally it’s weeks! so I do wonder if the lack of pollution , plays a part with the lack of clouds forming. Don’t know the exact science ,but it’s sure a coincidence .

Flashaholic*

Default Coronavirus - II

Quote Originally Posted by RedLED View Post
    Fixer,

In regard to your last post, why do you think they had the gear on outside but took it off once in? Makes no sense.
    To get through security checkpoint?
    I’ve dealt with a few companies that check their own employees but know they have no bearing over other. It’s weird.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Red,
    I see people driving alone wearing masks and gloves all of the time now. I have no idea why.

BB there was no security at the door. Just a greeter pointing folks to the place they were heading to. The greeter had a big old bottle of Purrel if you wanted a squirt on the way in.

Went grocery shopping today. Costco has started some more food restrictions. Limits of one on rice, eggs, and chicken, pork, and beef with a total limit of 3 for the meats. More stores are making aisles with one way traffic (Walmart). Some stores are closing down their bathrooms (CVS and my doctor's office did this). Oh by the way, while we are required to wear face coverings in public, a KKK hood is not appropriate to wear in the store: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JYR8ztg_388

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on Fenix View Post
    Oh by the way, while we are required to wear face coverings in public, a KKK hood is not appropriate to wear in the store:
    Stupid is as stupid does. Too bad nobody gave him the beat down he deserved...

Not sure what exactly you’re trying to convey with such a post?
    The beauty of Science hugely outranks the charms of superstition

Default Coronavirus - II

[QUOTE=wacbzz;5387841]Stupid is as stupid does. Too bad nobody gave him the beat down he deserved...

Hmmm...
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Byk- I have been known to leave the stupid mask on if I'm combining 2 or 3 stops on one errand trip. That way I'm not going through a half dozen gloves, or touching the mask more than I have to. My 2 cents.

HOF- Stores here starting to expand purchase limits on items as well. Meats being the most recent. Canned veggies at my local grocery have been limit 5 per visit since this started. TP, when it's there, on limit as well. Different stores have different limits on different things. It's wierd... If I may ask, generally speaking, where are you located?

Thanks for the link HoF. Not that I watched it. Your words were enough to tell me it aint something I wanted to see. Some folks do the darndest things.
    I did scroll down a few videos for a homemade beer batter onion ring video though.

I don't see limits at our local grocery store. At least the one I go to. Folks generally limit themselves anymore. The limits were on things a few weeks ago. Now shelves stay fairly stocked up.
    Toilet paper and paper towel shelves are still empty on the day we go but we discovered if you go to that one Wed evening after 7pm they have set some out. (Or rather there is still some left) Word on the grapevine is our local Wally World has plenty.

Ven mentioned the change in weather and could it be related to less pollution. Hard to say. Folks where I lived say "look at all those stars" but until the humidity returns we see lots of stars in places where it's actually dark this time of year every year. But less cars on the road can't be a bad thing. Less jets spewing exhaust can't be a bad thing. Power plants are still running normally while trains and trucks may be more than normal volume. I suppose inside large cities like London, Detroit and Sydney the air is bound to be a lot cleaner.

Scout, I keep a mask on my person for times when my allergies flare up and my body does things that would start a stampede like sneeze fit or hacking/coughing spell. Worst allergy issues in years this year. And I keep a small pump bottle of hydrogen peroxide with me so if I have to touch strange surfaces a spritz or two on said surface disinfects it. It has to be refilled often but fits in my shirt pocket. I also keep a few napkins in my wallet pocket these days to have a disposable barrier between my hands and door handles. Say at a gas station I want a soda. Spritz the fridge door handle, grab with napkin, spritz said soda bottle, wipe with napkin, push door open with my elbow when leaving, toss napkin in a trash can on the way out. Enjoy beverage. So far so good.
    I learned the napkin trick from eccentric billionaire germophobe Howard Hughes.

Computer screen cleaner bottle with your favorite disinfectant.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 05-04-2020 at 08:22 PM.

San Diego county, CA. Specifically Ramona, CA (ground zero of the two largest wildfires in CA history, the Cedar and Witch Creek fires).

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    Stupid is as stupid does. Too bad nobody gave him the beat down he deserved...

Not sure what exactly you’re trying to convey with such a post?
    wacbzz,

I'm sure he was just joking.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Byk- I have been known to leave the stupid mask on if I'm combining 2 or 3 stops on one errand trip. That way I'm not going through a half dozen gloves, or touching the mask more than I have to. My 2 cents.

HOF- Stores here starting to expand purchase limits on items as well. Meats being the most recent. Canned veggies at my local grocery have been limit 5 per visit since this started. TP, when it's there, on limit as well. Different stores have different limits on different things. It's wierd... If I may ask, generally speaking, where are you located?
    Scout,

I do the same thing with my mask and gloves as I have to go to several stores in order to get everything I want.

Chauncey,
    That is one beautiful picture!

Could be turned into a Thomas Kinkade puzzle.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Flashaholic*

Are you aware of Pacific Coast Knights of KKK they use to be headquartered in San Diego, but don't think in Ramona, was in Redlands

On a better note.. an albino killer whale was sighted in Monterey Bay.. About 1yr old he is nicknamed Casper
    ..and he was not wearing a mask 🐳

Things we still don't know about COVID-19:

(1) Whether ventilators make the patient better or worse...
    (2) Whether hydroxychloroquine works (how many 10-14 day periods do we need for a scientific outcome???)...
    (3) Whether remdesivir works...
    (4) Whether a vaccination will ever be available...
    (5) Whether summer will have any impact on spread...

probably other stuff too...
    Last edited by lion504; 05-04-2020 at 08:14 PM.
    “Experts” are wrong about half the time. [My_Lights]

6) whether nicotine works
    7) whether intrevenius doses of the active ingredient for pepcid as works.
    8) whether vitamin c helps
    9) whether salt air kills the virus
    And probably more……

Flashaholic*

10) are people eating all this danged toilet paper they are hoarding?
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast