Forensic Blue HDS Flashlight demonstration

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any way to show photos of how the forensic blue HDS flashlight w/orange glasses reveals body fluid residues versus the UV HDS flashlight?

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
To see blood with UV or blue light you additionally need Luminol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminol

If you spray this on blood than you see the blood "glowing" with blue or UV light. Only CSI only needs blue light... :D ... all others use additional luminol.

From my side I am thinking about a blue HDS, since I also have a blue Surefire Aviator. Since I own an amber, green and red Rotary, the blue one is kind of Logical...

... even if there is no usecase for blue. The only thing is it is a great color. I like blue. ;)

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally Blue Arrived, but the orange glasses are missing... :thinking::thinking::thinking:

@Hogo: will orange glasses be shipped with the Blue LED HDS. My parcel - was still sealed the inner amber/brown bubblepack did not contain orange glasses.

HDS - Red - Green - Blue - Amber

aoU1SLf.jpg

DcvbLdZ.jpg

Surefire Aviator: Red - Yellow Green - Blue - Amber (Top 4 lights)

HDS with Fenix diffuser: Red - Green - Blue - Amber (Bottom 4 lights)
They are now the best buddies :D The Aviators were never expecting getting 4 friends with same colors :naughty:
aJkHd83.jpg

EF3UxWq.jpg

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hhhmmmm. Email Henry. It is possible he forgot to put them in the package. Generally they don't get shipped separately.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since the Blue HDS is kind of "exotic" I will post now a few picture of the HDS with the yesterday arrived orange glasses. I really never saw any pictures of a blue HDS with the glasses. Therefore I post this...

1. HDS with the case containing the orange glasses
JPPVDJq.jpg

2. Case, glasses and HDS
FyIUyua.jpg

3. The orange glasses filter the blue light really perfect. That is easiely to see i nthe middle of the beam
GqH0kSU.jpg

4. Same build up only from the different location

0AjnIoR.jpg

5. The case of the glasses and the glasses itself have a HDS Systems marking. The Quality of this glasses is really good, and comfortable to wear!
peNDzas.jpg

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking at mine in a whole new light. Since we now have a cat...

I have a blue prometheus clip on it so i can tell them apart