Imalent        
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Official Malkoff M91B N 5000K XP-L v2 Group Buy! ALL SHIPPED

Default Re: The Official Malkoff M91B N 5000K XP-L v2 Group Buy! LEDs here, Payment PMs sent!

Yesssssss! Thanks dot!!

Default Re: The Official Malkoff M91B N 5000K XP-L v2 Group Buy! LEDs here, Payment PMs sent!

Payment sent😁
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Default Re: The Official Malkoff M91B N 5000K XP-L v2 Group Buy! LEDs here, Dropins Done!

Great update! Thanks dot!

Default Re: The Official Malkoff M91B N 5000K XP-L v2 Group Buy! LEDs here, Dropins Done!

Thanks for the awesome update!!

Cheers!

Sent from Tapatalk

I'm hoping they arrive today. They shipped Tuesday. Pretty sure they will be!!!!

Pretty much got everyone's payment sorted and ready to start making labels- I have PMed two people as their Paypal payment did not include references to their username, please advise when able. If I get em in today or Saturday, I should be able to get everything shipped Monday. People might see theirs as early as Wednesday if you are CONUS and in the east.

I am SUPER excited for these. I didn't even want one before but when I got my KR4 mule with the same LEDs, HOLY CRAP. I can actually see why people love this dropin so much. It's pure white. Definitely one of the best 5000K emitters I have ever used. Just when I thought I had decided I was a 4000K guy....

Back to the Sounding Board soon!

Did Dropins arrive?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

So sorry for the delay everyone! Tracking numbers are about to go out.

Last GB I shipped one to an incorrect address, and due to work being extraordinarily crazy this week, I did not want to mess up any shipments. Everything will be going out today!

I'm happy to report that the tint on these is stellar. There is slight variation seemingly between the two sources, but both are great! One is quite rosy, the other is much more neutral, neither suffer from green. 860-880 lumens. I'll try to be back with more information later this weekend!

Got it. Thanks my friend.

Thanks for the update! Really looking forward to this!
    - Terry

Flashaholic*

Which source for rosey vs yellowish neutral?
    ...and how many rosey?
    Thx..

I'll take rosy

Thanks! Iíll take luck of the draw!

Tracking Numbers have been sent to everyone (excluding international shipments).

Unfortunately, tint will be luck of the draw for pretty much everyone. There was no real way to tell what emitters or dropins ended up being which duv as there were examples of each all throughout the 28 produced. I only wanted to check a couple to see what the results were, but I didn't want to open up every one as they are not all mine and I did not want to chance introducing dust or other problems to the units. Fortunately, both tints present are great, I actually prefer the more neutral beam.

I've got both of mine riding in MDx lights. 1 MD2 w. 2x cell extender (thanks to Martin White) and 1 in an MD3 with 1x cell extender (also thanks to M. White). Given the versatility of these dropins this permits a very large range of options of battery uses. I'm particularly partial to the MD3 w/ 1x Cell extender, which which I can run 2xAA, 2x 14500, 2x18500, 3x CR123, 3x 18350, 2x 18650, 3x 18500, or 4x CR123.

I guess I should do an MD2 with 2x 1-cell extenders. I'll be giving one of mine to my brother in I think an MD3 w/ extender when he moves into his new house, perfect for lighting up his new back yard!

I still have no idea what mines going into. I did just get a Leef 2X18650. Might put it in there.

Flashaholic*

Dot, within the 28 modules neither tint is indicated or marked anywhere, not even on the plastic clamshells?

..and the 2 you opened, by chance, were one of each neutral and rose tinted?

Gene did not give you any heads up to the bin differences beforehand?

So, this is an interesting development, 8ea rose tinted (or is it the first 20 sourced from Mtn?) modules mixed in a pile or placed into shopping bag, and then you picked one out kinda like a lottery

Can't wait to get mine, delivery estimate is Weds. The suspense is killing me! lol

I will post whether true neutral received as compared to first run
    Last edited by knucklegary; 07-05-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Default Re: The Official Malkoff M91B N 5000K XP-L v2 Group Buy! ALL SHIPPED

I think second batch of emitters that were ordered from MTN (if iím not mistaken) are a little bit weird ones cause intl-outdoor batch as in the 1st GB were consistent, iíd say.
    But iíll be happy with weirdos cause Cree BIN table says V6 3D should be a bit bellow BBL which makes things rosy.

Flashaholic*

I only have first run to compare with, it would be nice to see beam shots of both

Iím not even sure what ďrosyĒ looks like🤔 you mean it has a red/pink tint?

Flashaholic*

Nichia are rosy or kinda fuchsia tinted.. not my favorite

I've got some rosy first gen M61 219s and also M61Ns. As long as I don't compare them directly against others, the tint isn't obviously noticeable.

One from this batch will be carried under conditions that makes the attractiveness of the beam much less relevant than the output. I haven't decided on the other one's purpose.

Hopefully one of theseis like the awesome one from the initial batch.

Really? I have a peak Logan thatís a Nichia and there ainít nothing but white in it. Maybe I just canít see it.

Flashaholic*

Nichia B was more rosy than the C like in your Peak Logan

I have 219c 4500-4700k OR has no hint of red in lower or higher outputs.. although Dan is fussy about which emitters selected

I am sure I'll like this Cree bin whether receiving white or fuchsia.. and if not I can always gift it

Well looks like mines out for delivery! Curious as to how she will look.

Flashaholic*

If you're installing with hi/lo ring let us know how the "rosy" tint looks on low

I am thinking of dropping this one into a SF GL3-FYL

Grizz,

All of us were anticipating the same awesome emitter from first run

If you happen to get 2 rosy.. and if, by chance, I end up with 2 pure white, drop me PM
    Last edited by knucklegary; 07-06-2020 at 10:05 AM.

So wait,, some want a ďrosyĒ tint?? Why? I get neutral and warm and of course CW but why rosy?

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    So wait,, some want a ďrosyĒ tint?? Why? I get neutral and warm and of course CW but why rosy?
    I want it cause of my work, how am gonna use it. Aircraft maintenance, looking at the aircraft whole night illuminated with any kind of cool, above BBL or God forbid "10000000lumens" aliexpress tint will mess up your bio-clock and your eyes will sore for days.
    Neutral, bellow BBL (rosy) is way more pleasant than other tints and colors.
    For other applications "normal" should cover most of the requirements.

Ok so for a very specific, unique Application. Got it Thanks.

Flashaholic*

Inspecting aircraft at night using full output, close-up visuals on low, or both.. I can see where CW would be undesirable

Flashaholic*

I am still unsure how many of each variant was built?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast