I want to upgrade a Ford F350 lights to LED

callehayes

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I hope all of you are ok in these challenging times. My family has a 2004 Ford F350 which has the regular sealed lamps.

They put in the Sylvania Silver Star bulbs but want something brighter as they drive in rural areas for work.

I found these options on a major auto parts website

Here are some links from the manufacturers website

https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/LED02X1/led-headlamp-5-inch-x-7-inch-rectangular

Would you recommend these or any other led headlight (high beam and low)? Do you know if the ones referenced above are retro fit or near retro fit?

Thanks

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
JW Speaker makes the best LED sealed beams in the large rectangular size. They come in four versions: unheated lens in chrome or black, and heated lens in chrome or black. Another good pick is the international-specs Truck-Lite item (smoother beam pattern than the domestic-specs version). No heated lens is available (heated lens is a good idea if you will be driving in a lot of heavy wet snow/slush that could build up on a lens that runs cold). All of these are made in the USA, and are all direct drop-ins for the large rectangular sealed beams, but you will need to correctly aim the new lamps.

There's an ocean of junk on the lighting "upgrade" market, so resist the temptation to buy cheaper lookalikes or be led astray by "Similar items" or "Others who looked at this item also looked at..." types of incitements.

callehayes

Newly Enlightened
Thank you @virgil

I will look into the JW Speaker lights! On their website I cannot figure out which ones are needed for my vehicle...you would not happen to know would you?!

It seems like I can only purchase them through a dealer? That seems expensive.

Any wisdom you can share with me please?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I will look into the JW Speaker lights! On their website I cannot figure out which ones are needed for my vehicle...you would not happen to know would you?! It seems like I can only purchase them through a dealer? That seems expensive. Any wisdom you can share with me please?

I can't tell if you're being serious or having a little bit of fun. I posted five links to five headlamp options that are direct-fit on the truck you asked about. Every link is in bold, underlined text. All you have to do is point your mouse at the link, click it, and ba-da-bing, you get a page where you can easily buy the lamp.

callehayes

Newly Enlightened
Thank you @virgil I did not realize the bold text were links. I should have worn my glasses, I am getting old. Thank you for your help, I am going to look into it more tomorrow.

cetary35

Newly Enlightened
I second the JW Speaker. They use lower CCT 5000K LEDs which are a significant improvement in compared to the 6500K-7000K that's seen on so many LED based systems. The lower CCT's along with the associated reduction in blue light help to reduce discomfort glare while having no draw backs to seeing ability.

This might be a bit of a stretch, but I believe I passed a Jeep with what looked like lower color temperature LED headlamps.
The color temperature appeared lower. Each beam assembly had multiple visible emission sources, so I don't believe it was HID. It looked allot less obnoxious compared to the blue/violet color casts of most LED systems.​

Last edited:

callehayes

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all, I am going to look into getting the JW Speaker lights from an authorized dealer.