Laser Products Sure Fire 6P?

Mossygoose

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I am a new member. I also very new to upgrading of lights. I recently was cleaning one of my safes out and ran across a light I bought several years ago. It is a Laser Products Sure Fire 6P. I remember the bulb being out when I placed it in there. I would like to get it going again, but would like to upgrade. I have read several threads on here and I am amazed at all the options, also confused. I want to make sure the bulb was the only problem before spending a whole lot. Is there a nice bulb I can get for $20-$25 range? If possible might try an LED bulb. Thanks in advance.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Hello MG & :welcome:

It is always worthwhile to get your classic 6P upgraded to more current technology, and yes the options are considerable to say the least. Most folks end up putting in a LED module these days; very high outputs are possible along with considerable runtimes, both far in excess of what is possible with the modest incandescent upgrade options.

While you were correct in posting this to the /Incan/ subforum, I would be happy to move this to /LED Flashlights/ going forward, as this is the typical route that most follow in getting these lights updated. Please let me know, and again welcome to CPF.

Best regards,

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... It is a Laser Products Sure Fire 6P....

.... While you were correct in posting this to the /Incan/ subforum, I would be happy to move this to /LED Flashlights/ going forward, as this is the typical route that most follow in getting these lights updated....

Oh man, if I was fortunate enough to "find" a Laser Products SureFire in "one of my safes" (lol) ... I would get a bunch of NOS P60 lamps and keep that incandescent glowing :candle:

:welcome:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I have a Malkoff M61WLL in my 6P. Warm, low low puts out a very similar output as the old bulb did. Plus you get at least 10 hours runtime off the batteries.
A Malkoff M61NL is very popular here at CPF. Neutral Low puts out a bunch more light than the stock bulb with a nice tint and at least 5 hours of runtime.

Or you can probably find some P60 lamp modules on eBay for around $10-15 each. The original is an awesome light in stock platform.

Welcome to cpf.

Last edited:

BigBaller

Enlightened
For a rechargeable incandescent option you could use two 3.7v 16340 batteries to run the surefire P90 lamp.

Mossygoose

Newly Enlightened
Hello MG & :welcome:

It is always worthwhile to get your classic 6P upgraded to more current technology, and yes the options are considerable to say the least. Most folks end up putting in a LED module these days; very high outputs are possible along with considerable runtimes, both far in excess of what is possible with the modest incandescent upgrade options.

While you were correct in posting this to the /Incan/ subforum, I would be happy to move this to /LED Flashlights/ going forward, as this is the typical route that most follow in getting these lights updated. Please let me know, and again welcome to CPF.

Best regards,

I'm not opposed to incan, I am honestly not sure which direction to go in. Just looking to upgrade the light. I like the more white light.

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
I have a Malkoff M61WLL in my 6P. Warm, low low puts out a very similar output as the old bulb did. Plus you get at least 10 hours runtime off the batteries.
A Malkoff M61NL is very popular here at CPF. Neutral Low puts out a bunch more light than the stock bulb with a nice tint and at least 5 hours of runtime.

I like the way you think. I keep an M61WL in my Laser Products 6p though. The LL modules are used in my Nitrolon lights.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
25978207797_e28818f8b4_b.jpg
[/FONT]

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My laser products 6p has an M361w from a group buy in 019.

It has a blemished Malkoff clicky, and Elzetta speed clip and lanyard ring. It was a cheap, ugly beater when I got it but the factory lens was like new. The laser products P60 was still working so I stashed it.

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Mine was blemished as well. The tailcap has off-center markings and the body has some weird blemishes underneath the ano. The lens is unmarred though. I think it was a factory reject that some unscrupulous employee with quick hands grabbed during his shift.

Strangely enough it has become one of my favorite lights. A plastic lens, basic twisty/push button switch, no lockout tailcap, and no bezels to keep it from rolling away. It's about as basic as you can make a flashlight. No matter. Despite being a beater this thing is dead nuts reliable.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I forgot my malkoff tail cap has the shoulder drilled for a wrist lanyard, not attached to an Elzetta ring. It's one of my favorite night shift flashlights since it starts on low but can put out up to 300+ lumens if needed. The thing with an M361 is if you half press to what ever setting you want it to start on and turn it off before 1/2 second in that setting it turns back on at that setting. So before putting it away I half press for low, click a second press and turn it off real quickly so it usually (but not always) starts on medium.

The other light is a mutt. The Laser Products tailcap fastened to a fivemega 3p clone body, a G2L head and a 5400 k Yuji LED fastened to an R30 module that the bulb had burnt. About 10 lumens from that one.

D02173-B2-5-B48-4-AFC-BAAC-DA191920-F176.jpg