McClicky?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, how durable are McClicky switches when installed in Z41 tailcaps? I have a couple of surefires with malkoff drop ins which are wonderfully bulletproof which I would like to upgrade to a clicky but I don't want to introduce a weak spot, either. Interestingly I've found that even after cleaning occasionally these z41 switches do have a bit of poor contact and require a little wiggling, so I'm hoping the McClicky might actually improve reliability in that regard. Just mildly concerned about impacts on the switch itself, though I doubt it's really an issue...

Enlightened
Excellent switches, I would do it without hesitation. As far as impacts or accidental activation, I believe oveready sells a shrouded tailcap that might help.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Overall, by replacing a mechanical twist switch with a mechanical click switch, you will indeed generally reduce reliability and robustness.

That is no (or should not be taken as a) knock on the McClickie, which is a fine switch, but simply physics.

If your priority is improving durability and contact issues, you may want to consider a ZeroRez twist switch instead.

Last edited:

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overall, by replacing a mechanical twist switch with a mechanical click switch, you will indeed generally reduce reliability and robustness.

That is no (or should not be taken as a) knock on the McClickie, which is a fine switch, but simply physics.

If your priority is improving durability and contact issues, you may want to consider a ZeroRez twist switch instead.

+1 on everything archi said

McClicky is a A+ switch I have multiple without a single failure , but the ultimate elimination would be the zrs from oveready

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
McClckies are fine switches which seem to be loved by most people here.
I have had three or four fail on me now, so I'm back to twisties (ZeroRez) on all but my least used lights. Oh, and the ones that Mrs. Yeti uses, obviously.
P