What lights will the old MagLEDs work in?

Highwayman1717

Newly Enlightened
Cleaning out my toolbox, I found a few MagLED drop-ins, the old kind from when Mag first went LED. They were on sale for a buck each somewhere years back, I bought two just because. However, looking at them now, these could be great to put into a cheap light body to give out to neighbors in case of a power outage. The snag, these were the weird old type where they ONLY seemed to work in Maglites...I can make them light with two batteries and a wire to the negative, but they absolutely refuse to work in an Eveready cheap light even having drilled out the bulb carrier.

Does anyone know of cheap, plastic-bodied lights that I can obtain that these will work in? I figured oh, incan mags would be dirt cheap...Nope, now they're collector items.

Sovende

Newly Enlightened
I have to ask, will/does the Everready light work with its native bulb? Have you checked the continuity of the "negative" side of the circuit? Fresh batteries? IDK for sure but I believe that MagLite bulbs were specific to the number of cells in the tube. I don't know if that would be an issue unless you applied too much voltage 🤔. I'm curious as to what the "experts" say 😎.
Oh and BTW, welcome to the forum 👍.
Sovende

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you check the maglite website in the closeout section? Thought I saw some there recently

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any light that takes a PR 13.5S Flange base bulb should do. If you're near NJ gimme a shout. I have a ton of incan Mags form lots that I bought you're more than welcome to have a few. They're not worth it to ship though sadly.