Streamlight Stinger XL questions

StagMoose

Enlightened
I have a Streamlight Stinger XT Incan with the triple battery pack. I think the charger got tossed at some point. It still works and will briefly light up but I have no easy way to charge it other than buying a new charger.

Has anyone done an LED conversion on one of these, or familiar enough to describe if it is worth it? The body of the light is robust and it seems a waste sitting there.

I recall looking into it before and not finding much. I have only seen the terralux upgrade and it doesn't inspire confidence.

I'd be interested in using li-ion rechargeables instead of the same battery pack.

Love any input. Thanks!

Last edited:

StagMoose

Enlightened
I appreciate the response. I looked into that option; wondering if there is a way to make it work on li-ion rechargeables. The charger isn't expensive but if I don't need to buy one I'd rather not.

I am not a modder and don't know that much about building my own driver/ emitter. Wondering if anyone out there has modded one of these and can provide any insight, or if it is even worth doing.

cwm1150

Newly Enlightened
I think you would be better off sticking to the factory battery and charger. There are LED upgrades you can buy but they can get pricey. I am no expert but have 2 and used them on duty for a few years.

StagMoose

Enlightened
Interesting fivemega.
I have concluded that it may not be worth it to mess with it. Might just buy a new charger and battery pack and see how it goes.