Streamlight Help

dave19113

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

New to the forum. Stumbled across it while trying to find info on my StreamLight
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]protac hl 750.

I was reading on Amazon on how they sometimes sell fake Streamlights. I have the S logo on the button, it 10 taps but the springs are silver and the O ring in the rear cap is black not orange. When I look at videos of the protac HL 750 it looks like they all have black O rings in the rear. The batteries do have date code in between + and -

This is my second one I ordered ( the 1st going back after having same suspect parts)

Now I thought some Stream light models are different with different tell tale fake parts. Or do all Stream lights have some items; like the spring coils being gold, that are constant from one light to the next?

I have a
Streamlight 88066 ProTac Rail Mount HL-X Fixed Mount 1000 lum that has orange O ring in cap, gold springs and S on pushbutton so Im guessing its real.

I called Streamlight 2 weeks ago and spoke to a rep that said to take pictures and email for verification. I never got return email as of yet.

Thanks in advance for the replies

D
[/FONT]

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Orange o'rings are in the newer made Streamlight products. Newer designs I should say. The orange ones do not compress as easily, which lends a hand to improved water resistance.

I just looked at my 2014 made 750 lumen ProTac and it has black o'rings and silver springs.
A Streamlight battery in another light had D916 between the + and -. But it also has Made in USA.

I only buy Streamlight and SureFire products from authorized dealers. Places like eCops, Bright Guy, Battery Junction and Batteries Plus Bulbs.

Last edited:

dave19113

Newly Enlightened
Orange o'rings are in the newer made Streamlight products. Newer designs I should say. The orange ones do not compress as easily, which lends a hand to improved water resistance.

I just looked at my 2014 made 750 lumen ProTac and it has black o'rings and silver springs.
A Streamlight battery in another light had D916 between the + and -. But it also has Made in USA.

I only buy Streamlight and SureFire products from authorized dealers. Places like eCops, Bright Guy, Battery Junction and Batteries Plus Bulbs.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Here is some pictures of my flashlight.

8hqEGpG.jpg

o9QjV40.jpg

JZKKokl.jpg

recGCqW.jpg

Where should the made in USA be printed?

I purchased mine through Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RB82CS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It says ships through and sold by Amazon, I thought that was a secure buy?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
That's what mine looks like.

The made in USA on the battery should be below the +/-. Now the battery I have in a light is a 2016 made from Batteries Plus Bulbs. So they may have changed the looks these days. The D916 means 09/2016. I do not know what the D means.

You mentioned reaching out to Streamlight. The serial number might give Streamlight a clue on fake or real.

dave19113

Newly Enlightened

The made in USA on the battery should be below the +/-. Now the battery I have in a light is a 2016 made from Batteries Plus Bulbs. So they may have changed the looks these days. The D916 means 09/2016. I do not know what the D means.

You mentioned reaching out to Streamlight. The serial number might give Streamlight a clue on fake or real.

Yes, just checked batteries and it says made in Eaglesville Pa.

When I called them that what I recommended as far as the serial # look up; the rep just told me to take pictures and send them in. That was two weeks ago with no answer as of yet

dave19113

Newly Enlightened

I looked at my batteries and it has the Eagleville Pa. marking.

I did call SL; they told me to take pictures and send it in via email. I did, but have not heard back and its been about two weeks I did ask the Rep to check the serial #; he stated he couldn't at the time I called

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
From what I see and what you say it's probably real.

I have a bunch of ProTac products from 2014 to 2016 and none have gold colored springs or orange/red o'rings like somebody at Amazon said they should have. It's the lights that came out after that period that have red o'rings and I cannot say any Streamlight product I own going from the 1980's to 2018 have gold colored springs. Not saying none do have them, but my couple of dozen Streamlight products do not.

At one point fakes could be spotted simply by price. Like $55 items for $35 was a dead give away. People talked about it on the internet and uh oh, copy cats raised their prices.

Last edited:

dave19113

Newly Enlightened
From what I see and what you say it's probably real.

I have a bunch of ProTac products from 2014 to 2016 and none have gold colored springs or orange/red o'rings like somebody at Amazon said they should have. It's the lights that came out after that period that have red o'rings and I cannot say any Streamlight product I own going from the 1980's to 2018 have gold colored springs. Not saying none do have them, but my couple of dozen Streamlight products do not.

At one point fakes could be spotted simply by price. Like $55 items for $35 was a dead give away. People talked about it on the internet and uh oh, copy cats raised their prices.

Much thanks for the reply..... Sorry for the long winded replies, I was just worried because flashlights are out of my wheelhouse so I am definitely a "babe in the woods" and hate getting duped

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Mucho understand.
Back when trying to obtain a real LED Lenser P7 it took a few tries to find one that was not fake'd. The imitations were actually pretty good and came in a real nice gift box, with accessories like wrist lanyard and extra batteries.

When I finally acquired a real one it was a simple clamshell packaging.

One time a Coast light was intercepted by the US government. Getting a letter from Uncle Sam to call a 1-800 number to discuss a flashlight purchase from Amazon was a bit un-nerving. Turns out a former employee had stolen a crate and sold them at the big A. They were legit, not fakes but hot as a baked potato.

So when I started buying Streamlight gear I heard there were possible fakes for some models. If it was a first hand new one I bought from authorized Streamlight dealers except for some classic models put out by them prior to LED lights or the early versions of LED models. My 750 lumen ProTac came from a CPF member.

dave19113

Newly Enlightened
Just an update. Received an email this morning from Streamlight; looks like these are good to go

8:21 AM (26 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hi Dave:
Looks like a genuine Streamlight. Are you having any issues with it?

Mark Carson