XML and single li ion

Lolaralph

Enlightened
I have built a few XML lights in the past and have a few production XML lights as well. I've always assumed that a single li ion would allow for the full 2.8-3.0 amps of power. I recently checked my lights with a multi meter at the tail cap and have been surprised at the results. None of my light are showing even 2.8 with a single li ion, if I use 2 LiFe PO cells then I am getting the full 2.8 to 3.0 amps showing. I'm using good cells, the mag lite mods are using 26650 for power, is this normal or is something wrong ?

devryd

Newly Enlightened
The Amperage depends on your driver. Normally, you shouldn't connect 2 LiIons to a driver, which is made for only one. This might kill the driver.
Instead, send pictures of the driver. Some folks here might be able to tell you, what to change on the driver, for more amps.

Lolaralph

Enlightened
The Amperage depends on your driver. Normally, you shouldn't connect 2 LiIons to a driver, which is made for only one. This might kill the driver.
Instead, send pictures of the driver. Some folks here might be able to tell you, what to change on the driver, for more amps.
The lights that use two cells use 3V LiFe PO cells which are suitable for most drivers. I use primarily the typical 7135 drivers, but thanks for the input.

devryd

Newly Enlightened
Maybe you have some bad contacts?
I have a driver, which had a bad contact, which resulted in a lower current