Which Surefire

RSLSCKBEKLSHKL

Newly Enlightened
I've got work and my home defense covered with Malkoff's. I've got lights around the house too.

I'm looking for a light for nights and weekends when I'm off work. High/low only. Simple. Defensive use with a low for utility if needed.

im thinking Tactician mostly but am considering an edcl1-t or l2-t. The clip and size on the Tactician seem perfect but I could get an aftermarket clip for the other 2 I suppose.

Any thoughts on what the better choice is?

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TACTICIAN is a great choice it was designed by James, a true professional and highly respected individual in the defensive world, plus the TACTICIAN clip will fit both of the other surefire's that you mentioned. Either one of them three are a solid choice. But my pick would be the TACTICIAN.

Last edited:

LRJ88

Enlightened
The Tactician is great, i've been having some slight issues with mine but due to me always getting lemons i'm not too surprised about it. I can recommend getting the Tactician and just getting a good 16650 battery to go with it too. As an added bonus the diffuser bezel and filters from a 2xAA Maglite also fits perfectly on it, hint hint.

LRJ88

Enlightened
At first a substantial part of one of the head gaskets was sticking out, i later found this to not be an issue as long as there's most of it inside the head. More lately now i've had issues where the threads on the head-end of the body were machined too rough and they're quite literally chewing up the o-ring when i turn the head, i've contacted Surefire about it but no response yet, these are things that should be so uncommon it shouldn't be an issue that needs to be taken into consideration when buying it though.

StagMoose

Enlightened
I don't have a tactician, but i do have an EDCL1-T. I really like it quite a bit. the only downside to me is that due to the switch style, it is a bit longer than a typical CR123 light needs to be. That being said, it runs fine on 16340s, although run time is a little diminished from a CR123. It still isn't too big, and the TIR lens throws fairly while having suitable spill. I use the low mode most of the time. Any of the Malkoff MDC e-series heads fit on it and work well fo the most part. I like the Tactician as well, and think it has a nice size/ output utility. I prefer a bit more throw than spill most of the time for my situation, so that would be user dependent. i doubt you will feel like you made a bad choice either way, and may end up wanting another one anyway :thinking: I don't think there is a "better," just different.

Latest posts