Olight i3T and Fenix LD42

yankees102110

Newly Enlightened
Received my Olight i3T last week and I have to say I'm extremely impressed, I just ordered a second one as a backup. It has replaced my Lumintop Tool AA2.0 as my EDC. Any other AAA lights out there that compare to this? (I don't use Lithium-ion).

Also recieved my Fenix LD42 and I'm extremely impressed with that as well. Its comfortable to hold and even though its plastic it still feels durable. It is definitely more comfortable than my Eagtac SX30A4-Hi. I love the rotary switch as well. I had ordered the Nitecore ea45s as well but returned it, the tail cap to me felt like it was going to break anytime you unscrewed it.

jtjemt

Newly Enlightened
Received my Olight i3T last week and I have to say I'm extremely impressed, I just ordered a second one as a backup. It has replaced my Lumintop Tool AA2.0 as my EDC. Any other AAA lights out there that compare to this? (I don't use Lithium-ion).

Also recieved my Fenix LD42 and I'm extremely impressed with that as well. Its comfortable to hold and even though its plastic it still feels durable. It is definitely more comfortable than my Eagtac SX30A4-Hi. I love the rotary switch as well. I had ordered the Nitecore ea45s as well but returned it, the tail cap to me felt like it was going to break anytime you unscrewed it.

I've got a couple Thrunite AAA's that I've been using (and giving as gifts) for quite awhile and, as usual, there are pros and cons either way. The output 'seems' higher on the Olight, no measurements, but I'm sure you can find the specs elsewhere. They're both simple to use, some prefer the lanyard and the tail-stand ability of the Thrunite, others want the clicky switch of the Olight. Both are VERY well made and should stand up to anything you're likely to throw at them. I use Eneloop rechargables on everything and haven't had any issues whatever. Both companies stand behind their gear (Thrunite is 24 months and (I believe) Olight is 5 years. If wrong, please correct this. Preference is going to Olight right now, but the world keeps changing, right. Enjoy!