Old Marchal fog/spot lights?

The mad hat man

Newly Enlightened
does anyone have any detailed info regarding SEV Marchal lights?

I have a couple of SEV Marchal "652" lights on my GT40, but have seen both the 652 and 653 lights referred to as "spot" or "fog" lights. Can anyone give me a definative answer as to which is which? My assumption is that one must be a spot light and the other the fog light, but I cannot find out which is the spot light. The attached lens pictures may assist someone more knowledgable that I, which is spot and which is fog....

Hotlinked

Also Hotlinked

Moderator Edit
As cool as those lamps are, the images are hotlinked and I've converted the the IMG tagging to URL tagging.

Alaric D

Last edited by a moderator:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The upper lamp is a spot or "driving" lamp. The lower lamp is a fog lamp. Neither of them put out much of any usable light when they were new, and these are in poor condition (rusted out reflectors). If you need to use them, for example because they're correct for your collector car, you could have the reflectors restored (link goes to a German company offering that service -- chrome or silver plating is NOT involved or appropriate).

Last edited:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I thought they did, too, but it looks like they no longer do. Oh well, that's what Google Translate is for. They've communicated with me in English by email.