Acebeam E10 Osram (White) Flashlight Review

zeroair

Newly Enlightened
I submit this review of the Acebeam E10 humbly for consideration to your review forum. Thanks!

Acebeam E10 Osram (White) Flashlight Review

Today I have in my hands a little light from Acebeam that packs quite a throwy punch! The E10 is a 26350 cell dedicated thrower, and quite a little thrower it is. Read on for some testing and thoughts.

Official Specs and Features

Here's a link to the official product page.
Versions

There is only one body type available, but three emitters are offered. Osram white (seen here), Osram Green, and Osram Red.
Price

These list for $57.30.

Short Review

For the price of $57, there is a lot of fun to be had with this light. So I have to say, you should definitely buy this light. I don't often suggest so wholeheartedly, but …. wow is this fun.
Long Review

The Big Table

Acebeam E10
Emitter:Osram (White)
Price in USD at publication time:$57.30.
Cell: 1×26350
Turbo RuntimeHigh Runtime
LVP?Yes
Switch Type:E-Switch
Quiescent Current (A):?
On-Board Charging?Yes
Charge Port Type:Micro-USB (on cell)
Chargetime
Power off Charge Port with no Cell??
Claimed Lumens (lm)760
Measured Lumens (at 30s)543 (71.4% of claim)*
Candela per Lumen201.6
Claimed Throw (m)562
Candela (Calculated) in cd (at 30s)2310lux @ 7.3m = 123100cd
Throw (Calculated) (m)701.7 (124.9% of claim)*
All my Acebeam reviews!
* Measurement disclaimer: I am an amateur flashlight reviewer. I don't have $10,000 or even $1,000 worth of testing equipment. I test output and such in PVC tubes!! Please consider claims within 10% of what I measure to be perfectly reasonable (accurate, even).
What's Included

• Acebeam E10 Flashlight
  • Acebeam 2000mAh 26350 cell
  • Spare o-rings (2)
  • Charge cable (USB to micro-USB)
  • Manual and papers
Package and Manual

Build Quality and Disassembly

The E10 is a nice sturdy little light.

The knurling is good – This is the type of knurling Acebeam uses almost always, so … it's good stuff.

The body is a one piece – the tail cap doesn't come off. The threads are square cut, anodized, nice and thick, and well lubed. The threads are great. They're kind of long though, so a good bit of twisting is required here.

Both the head and tail have springs, and the tail spring has a good bit of travel. You'll have to sort of squeeze the body and head together when you're screwing the light together, or the cell will stick out too far for the threads to grab. No big deal, and it's not difficult.

The button is just proud and not hard to find.

There's no traditional reflector. This is an optic of some sort – the kind most often seen with flat whites.

Now if you're anything like me, you saw these three dots in the product photos and put together that this light has three options: white, green, and red, and thought that this light has them all. It doesn't; those dots are something else. Each light has only one emitter (red or white or green). I was disappointed when I realized that (only after I had the light in my hand) but for the price I still consider the light a massive win!

Low is very low as far as output goes but even low still has some distance to it. In the photo below you can see that the beam hasn't even collimated. That doesn't happen til about… 6 feet? Or so.

Size and Comps

Officially the light is 91mm long, 40mm (head) and 31mm (tail) diameter. Weight is 137.4g with cell.

Throwing in this Malkoff flashlight because it has the same emitter and has a similar reflector.

Retention and Carry

Not one single thing is included for carry of the E10. No pocket clip (though there appears to be a place to attach one on the tail end). No pouch, no lanyard (and no lanyard holes). No magnet (and the light is small enough that a magnet would probably work).
Surprisingly the light is more or less pocket friendly. Maybe cargo pockets….
Power and Runtime

The E10 is powered by a single liion cell. In this case, it's a 26350, a generally "rare" cell, which is included with the light. I'd love to see an 26650 body offered for the head down the road.
The included cell is a 2000mAh "flat top" (flat with just a little bit of bump). It also sports micro-USB charging.

There's a little red/green indicator dot on the positive end of the cell (seen below left, at around 2 o'clock.)

The cell goes into the light in the usual way – positive terminal toward the head.

Here are a couple of runtimes – Turbo and High. The light exhibits LVP, at around 2.8V. Based on bench power testing, the light also seems to flash a warning when the cell gets depleted.
Output is low, yes. 543 measured lumens is just not very much but this is a dedicated thrower. See above in The Big Table, the relatively new "Candela per Lumen" part? On this light it's 201.6. That's absolutely massive. Ridiculously massive! So to be clear, you aren't buying this light for big lumens, you're buying it for throw!

Turbo isn't regulated at all. High is very well regulated!

There's a charge cable included – USB to micro-USB.

This cable is for use with the included cell – a 26350.

There's an indicating LED on the positive end of the cell – red means charging, green means charging is complete. Charging is fairly slow, at around 0.5C – or 0.8A. That's fine though; in my opinion slower is better.

Modes and Currents

ModeMode Claimed Output (lm)Claimed RuntimeMeasured LumensTailcap Amps
Turbo7601h30m5422.92
High3102h45m2260.73
Mid1506h45m1050.29
Low2046h120.04
Moonlight11850h0~
PWM

There's a bit of sawtooth on the lowest mode (possibly Low too), but I don't notice it in real life.

Here's a blow up on those two modes – longer timeframe for a bigger picture.

For reference, here's a baseline shot, with all the room lights off and almost nothing hitting the sensor. And here's the worst PWM light I have ever owned. Also one of the very first lights I ordered directly from China!
User Interface and Operation

There's just one switch on the E10. It's a rubber-covered e-switch, and the pad is plenty big.

Here's a UI table!
StateActionResult
OffClickOn (Mode Memory)
OffHoldMoonlight
AnyDouble ClickTurbo
OnHoldMode Advance (LMH)
TurboDouble ClickPrevious mode
OffLong HoldLockout (Technically Moonlight then lockout) (flashes 3x to confirm lockout)
LockoutLong HoldUnlock (2x flash to confirm)
LED and Beam

The emitter in my copy is the white version of this Osram emitter. Also available are red and green Osram options.
There's an optic in here, which seems to be most often used with the Osram Flat emitters (but maybe not exclusively). It's unusual – despite how it looks there's also a lens over this optic, so it's smooth across the top.

These beamshots are always with the following settings: f8, ISO100, 0.3s shutter, and manual 5000K exposure.

Tint vs BLF-348 (Killzone 219b version)

Test light is on the left! And this time I did all the modes vs the one mode of the BLF-348. Let me know if that's something worthwhile.

I compare everything to the Killzone 219b BLF-348, because it's inexpensive and has the best tint!
Conclusion

What I like

• Massive throw
  • Full package
  • It's tiny!
  • Did I mention the crazy throw?
  • Three total emitter options are available.
  • Easy to grasp UI.
What I don't like

• I'd like a 26650 option
  • The switch is just a bit mashy

Notes

• This light was provided by Acebeam for review. I was not paid to write this review.
  • This content originally appeared at zeroair.org. Please visit there for the best experience!

SKV89

Enlightened
Output measured at 2 seconds from turn on using Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights. Color measured using Sekonic C-800-U.
Acebeam E10Turbo562 lumens7088K-0.0068 DUV65.9 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-15.0 R939.9 R1256 Rf99 Rgincluded battery
Acebeam E10High222 lumens6695K-0.0031 DUV65.1 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-26.0 R937.9 R1257 Rf98 Rgincluded battery
Acebeam E10Mid103 lumens6510K-0.0007 DUV65.1 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-31.1 R937.1 R1258 Rf97 Rgincluded battery
Acebeam E10Low12 lumens6089K0.0030 DUV65.6 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-37.5 R935.5 R1261 Rf96 Rgincluded battery
Acebeam E10Moonlight0 lumens5534K0.0034 DUV67.1 CRIBlue light relative amplitude 1.00-31.0 R936.2 R1263 Rf97 Rgincluded battery

It uses the same optic as the Acebeam L17. I like how with this optic, the spill gets dispersed evenly so the hotspot stands out more than with a reflector light.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got this light in white a few weeks ago. Very special beam character with a small and intense hotspot and with a very useful even spill. Good UI and easy to use. I agree about the switch, but it's not a problem.
I also agree about the lack of 26650 tube. With such a large diameter it would be better in the hand with a longer body, and at the same time get much longer runtime.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
zeroair said:
this time I did all the modes vs the one mode of the BLF-348. Let me know if that's something worthwhile

imo, there is no need for multiple beamshots, only the one that is of similar brightness of the reference light, since the purpose is to see tint difference

similarly, I see no use for multiple beamshots at various exposures

one thing Ive been wondering if you can add to your reviews is the speed of any PWM scope measurements.

just my opinions.. your reviews are very complete, and valuable, even as is. Thanks for taking the time to share info.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Interesting light, too bad they used an odd battery size.
What is the point of runtimes when being cooled? No correspondance to the real world.
And no way to attach a lannyard!

Do they make a rifle mount for this diameter? Remote switch? Any first class thrower needs these accessories.