• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Jeers to Uabide

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone heard about the Uabide scam as discussed here?
https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/forums/t/i-receive-this-message-is-true-or-a-scam/153028/14
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/t/uabide-is-a-scam-or-not/406641

Lately this entity has been randomly targeting eBay sellers who deal with Surefire lights, parts etc. sales.

The embedded notice in this "member's" PM would look like this:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/xIgAAOSwR-teu80i/s-l1600.jpg

Is there a way to stop this scam? What if this entity ends up in here at CPF someday?

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I'd want to point out is that, if such perp could use use automated methods to sniff out anyone who (in this case) has dealt with SF items even at personal level, then everyone here could be at stake.

The more folks here know about this scam, the more likely they can get themselves out of trouble when that hits close to home.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Anyone heard about the Uabide scam as discussed here? ....

What I'd want to point out is that, if such perp could use use automated methods to sniff out anyone who (in this case) has dealt with SF items even at personal level, then everyone here could be at stake.

The more folks here know about this scam, the more likely they can get themselves out of trouble when that hits close to home.

I'm not convinced that this is a legit "Jeer" but please review the additional rules for this subforum.

I would direct particular attention to ...

This is not the venue for claims of "Fraud"

Thank you.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not convinced that this is a legit "Jeer" but please review the additional rules for this subforum.

I would direct particular attention to ...
This is not the venue for claims of "Fraud"
I apologize if I've used the wrong subforum but which place should I direct this discussion to?

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP, are you involved in this situation personally, or is this of incidental interest to you ?
Myself and another seller were involved and got those notices. Was advised to just discard those messages from the perp, as responding to them would only end up in more trouble.
Then I dug deeper and learned about the "scam" by reading the links from the other forums.

I'm sharing this topic (and perhaps my experience) to warn others here of these kinds of mischief, and to be cautious, that's all

archimedes

Flashaholic
Myself and another seller were involved and got those notices. Was advised to just discard those messages from the perp, as responding to them would only end up in more trouble.
Then I dug deeper and learned about the "scam" by reading the links from the other forums....

The terms "perp" and "scam" are accusatory and pejorative, and are used by you here in reference to a specifically identified individual and company.

CPF is not the venue for that.

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
Using the terms "perp" and "scam" are accusatory and pejorative, and are used by you here in reference to a specifically identified individual and company.

CPF is not the venue for that.

What he said.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.