Which lights for your real world usage? (With Photo's please)

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are a member here then there is a good chance that you've got more flashlights than you actually need!

I decided to go through mine and choose those that I actually use and that meet my daily requirements, I'm not including SHTF/TEOTWAWKI type situations.

Here is my selection.

49893598201_690493e6e0_c.jpg

Left to right.

Malkoff M91T MD3 with High/Low ring. 750 lumen, good throw and my go to outdoor light. 1.5 hours runtime on two 18500's.

Surefire G3 with Malkoff M61LL. 100 lumens, general go to for household tasks and will run for about 15 hours on 2 x 17500's.

Nebo Lil' Larry. Powered by 3 x AAA Lithiums, it sits in the car center console for breakdowns etc, Magnetic so it fixes to a fender during a wheel change etc.

HDS EDC Tactical. Powered by a CR123 for EDC.

Lumintop EDC1. 5/32/120 lumens powered by a Lithium AAA, always on my key chain.

What's your minimum selection?

Please post a photo.

:thumbsup:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave - Great idea for a thread. Love reading about how people use their lights. Here are the ones I use, L to R.

HDS. 120 lumen XP-G 3700k. Clicky, great tint. Thinking about converting this to a Rotary. Usually in my pocket as my trusty EDC. I can count the times I needed more than 120 lumens on one hand. I also have a Rotary F89HG. Love that one too.

Franken 6P. Lightknot body, Z44 head, Malkoff tail, with a M61NLLLL. This is my main around the house light, since it will literally run forever on an 18650. Good size in the hand and tail stands like a champ. And 20 lumens is more than enough for 90% of tasks. If I need to use two cells, I just screw in my OR (A14?) extension to make it a 9P omnivore. Prefer it to MDx hosts because of the anti-roll hex ring, tool-less drop in swaps, and protective SS bezel ring.

BLF LT1. Probably my most used light, for around the house tasks requiring hands free ("uh oh, why is there water under the sink?"), and for mood lighting. Anduril has great ramping and candle mode.

PFlexPro 6P. With an XP-L HI P60 at 4300K, it throws really well. Sometimes carry it dog walking. And I can easily double click for the hidden bicycle strobe mode, which I use when riding at night. In a twofish lockbacks mount.

PFlexPro S2+. Rides in my backpack. I have to admit that as much as I love my HDS, it can carry like a roll of quarters. So I don't always pocket it. When I leave the HDS behind, I'm not too concerned because I have this light backing it up. XP-L HI also, but this one is cooler at 5200K. Easy to find in the bag because of the illuminated clicky.

fbAKDOc.png

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have lots more flashlights than I actually need, so I rotate my every day use real world flashlights. I like to rotate frequently to a flashlight that I haven't used in a while. I also like to rotate to a different size classification of a flashlight that I haven't used in a while. I like to EDC two or three flashlights. Sometimes I carry and use Acebeam X45, sometimes Nightwatch NSX 53, sometimes Lumentop FW4a, sometimes Nightcore TM 9K, sometimes EmisarD4V2, or Olight S2Baton, and/or Fenix TK75 or Imalent R90TS. I like recent advances in more variety, and recent advances in power to size ratio.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have lots more flashlights than I actually need, so I rotate my every day use real world flashlights. I like to rotate frequently to a flashlight that I haven't used in a while. I also like to rotate to a different size classification of a flashlight that I haven't used in a while. I like to EDC two or three flashlights. Sometimes I carry and use Acebeam X45, sometimes Nightwatch NSX 53, sometimes Lumentop FW4a, sometimes Nightcore TM 9K, sometimes EmisarD4V2, or Olight S2Baton, and/or Fenix TK75 or Imalent R90TS. I like recent advances in more variety, and recent advances in power to size ratio.

That's definitely in the 'more lights than we really need category'!:fail: and no :kewlpics:

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems to be these three Dave.
In my pocket all the time is an HDS Twisty which I converted to a single level Nichia Triple. In fact they are all Nichia Triples, the other two are Malkoff MD2 and MD4 with Oveready triples and OR Triad tails and ZeroRez switches. When it's dark and I need more light than an HDS can provide these are the ones I pick up.
On a dog walk I get the MD4 and Mrs Yeti the MD2. There's nothing worse than me using a Nichia and Mrs Yeti using something cooler like her MDC E2 Scout. CLASH!!!!
three triples.jpg

Actually there is something worse than a CT clash, lots of things, but we're trying to cheer ourselves up.
P

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's definitely in the 'more lights than we really need category'!:fail: and no :kewlpics:
No pic at 05:30 am in the morning. 10:20 am in the morning, pic:

R90TS, X65, MS18, X65, K75, X45, S2 Baton, FW4A quad W2, FW3A triple W2.1, D4V2 quad W2, E4K, TM9k, NS53 triple XHP50.2, MMU-X3 triple XHP50.2, Cryos P60 quad XP-L. All of them passed through Vinhs' hands. My lights. 13 lights are not in the pic.

Vemice

Enlightened
This little guy is always on the stand next to my recliner. Use it quite a bit.
KStB2fwl.jpg

This is on the nightstand; very low low.
dnLyG3Sl.jpg

This one is always in my pocket; warm High CRI pimped out by Vinh.
MVpJDpNl.jpg

This one just always seems to be nearby
y6VBAA8l.jpg

Last edited:

Optiblue

Newly Enlightened
No pic at 05:30 am in the morning. 10:20 am in the morning, pic:

R90TS, X65, MS18, X65, K75, X45, S2 Baton, FW4A quad W2, FW3A triple W2.1, D4V2 quad W2, E4K, TM9k, NS53 triple XHP50.2, MMU-X3 triple XHP50.2, Cryos P60 quad XP-L. All of them passed through Vinhs' hands. My lights. 13 lights are not in the pic.

Thats quite the bling collection!