Gave away an ARC AA - Saved Hundreds of $

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the Verizon guy out to the house to customize my phone lines. He spent over 3 1/2 hours here at a quoted price of $85 p/h.

Toward the end, he noticed my many lights around the house and we started talking about this forum (which he wrote down) and as a parting gift, I gave him a NIB ARC AA. His face lit up !

When I got my Verizon bill, I was only charged for the minimum ($85)! The guy saved me nearly $200 and I jump started a new flashaholic to boot.

Marty

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow, sounds like he'll be right at home here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hi mr. verizon man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Having been in the military for 21 years...we moved around "a little". I asked the movers to take care of my stuff and tipped them. I certainly believe that my household goods were packed very well during the moves throughout my career and never had any major insurance claims.

I had a crew of 4 guys spend "several days" building a lower deck with a stairway leading up to a smaller deck that leads out of my upstairs dining room. About halfway through the job, I commented what a great job they were doing and gave each of them a Puma hunting knife (hey, I'm not rich - I got a good deal on them - but it didn't matter what I paid for them - it was the "thought" that counted!). Once again, I believe they continued that quality effort and even put in a "little extra" (I KNOW I saved alot of $$$ on the deal!).

The ole' "Golden Rule" perhaps? I believe it was the right thing to do, to let them know that I respected them and appreciated what they were doing for me. They seemed to genuinely appreciate those "gifts of appreciation" and I considered it an "inexpensive insurance policy"!