What goes where?

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's up guys

What piece of edc gear goes where, ie what's pockets?

Every single day , all of my stuff no matter what goes into the same place . The gear may change from time to time but the pockets or places stay the same .

For instance mine are

Front right pants pocket- clipped is a knife always , inside is my wallet, I've long since changed to a front carry minimalist style wallet (Trayvax accent) to be exact .

Left front pocket- is my car key and anything spare is my juul or ink pen

Left back pocket is usually my phone

Right back pocket is my light , either in the pocket or clipped depending on the size . Lately it's been smaller lights since it's usually just sitting in there

And on my 4oclock position belt loop is my keys

Six o'clock is my pistol if I'm carrying . But we live in a super small town and everyone knows everyone so I don't carry often unless it's out of town .

How / where do you guys carry your gear?

P.s.

I didn't know where else to post this ,

An edc subforum would be ideal (IMO)

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I always tossed my edc stuff in my pockets and went out the door. It never really dawned on me that I was being very specific as to were I was putting it. But it always goes in the same spot. Right front a fisher Bullet space pen A small edc light And a 1922 silver dollar that belonged to my dad. Left front a brass zippo that belonged to my fiancé.For remembrance I have never smoked. Back left wallet. Back right chew " Skoal mint" really should stop that. And a phone on belt left side MD2 on the right. Dam didn't think about it till now but that's a lot of stuff 😁😁

Oh and a Gerber flat iron folder it left front as well

Last edited:

jrgold

Enlightened
Right pocket, knife and sturdy pen (my self defense weapon). Bic lighter, I don't smoke anymore, but believe in always having a way to make fire.

Left pocket, Flashlight and airpod pros.

Wallet is attached to my phone with extra cash hidden in the case.

I always have a single wall steel water bottle close by too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrgold

Enlightened
Forgot, an automatic watch, the craftsmanship that goes into an auto just has soul to me. Also an aurora keychain light, and a swiss-tech utilikey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
He said a pen is his self defense weapon, or just the thread in general? I switch between a few different ones depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing.
Pens or guns? I'm confused.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my front left pocket goes my phone with my Skaha 2 clipped to the pocket. Right is my minimalist wallet and sometimes skinth pocket sheath with victorinox pioneer x, small prytool, spare battery in an oveready capsule and pen (if I don't carry the sheath everything gets split up - pen clipped to pocket and victorinox and battery capsule flanking the wallet)

on my belt is HDS rotary in a Thor's hammer holster. At night, I will have my Malkoff MD2 M61N with surefire tailcap next to it for longer runtimes on high.

Watch on my wrist.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
*Front Left Pocket
---AA Flashlight (Fenix LD12 2017 or EagleTac D25A)
---Pen (Pilot G2 .05)
---Sharpie
---Work Building Key

*Front Right Pocket
---Knife (Benchmade Mini Grip)
---Leatherman Squirt E4
---Mini prybar

*Lower Right Leg Pocket
---Olight H1 Headlamp

*Left Hip Pocket
---Wallet

*Bond Arms Rowdy in an appendix holster

*TQ to be added at 9 o'clock

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Summer EDC presents a very serious, logistical, first world problem. I've got four pockets and I sit on two of them. Lately, I've lost interest in belt carrying anything, except for fat rolls. Fat rolls, exacerbated by lock down, ride on the belt. That means that the stupid phone, which is the size of a piece of toast, must live in my front left pocket alongside my flashlight. The knife lives clipped to my right pocket, but what do I do with my keys? I can either sit on them all day (back pocket) or I can put them in the front right with the knife. This is bollocks because the car key always slips between the handle scales of the pocket knife and harasses the edge of said knife. Solution? I stuff the cluster of keys into a felt pouch, which then goes into the right front pocket and defends the edge of my knife. Now the wallet. Front pockets are occupied, so I'm left with sitting on the wallet. Fortunately, my obsession with EDC gear means that the wallet is quite thin. So I sit on it, right side. Left rear pocket is unoccupied.

Man purse, anyone?

StagMoose

Enlightened
Get some pants/ shorts from Vertx or triple Aught design. Lots of pockets. Some are very discreet.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get some pants/ shorts from Vertx or triple Aught design. Lots of pockets. Some are very discreet.
How do you like the triple aught pants? I've been rocking Levi's for 35 years and I'm thinking about switching.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 5.11s are awesome . I wouldn't trade them for the world . I've looked at TAD as well just never tried them

StagMoose

Enlightened
I have a bunch of TAD apparel and pretty much that is all I wear for shorts, pants and jeans now. Not super into their shirts/ jackets. But their pants/ shorts are top notch. Two pairs of their jeans replaced several pairs of Levi's for me. Plus USA made.

I can provide additional info if you'd like.