Six Outlet Wall Tap With LED Night Light And USB Ports

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Combos like this seem good though usually a bit of a specialty and lack flexibility. If any function stops working you
generally have to replace the whole thing.

My suggestion, consider a regular 2 to 6 outlet expander with or without nightlight. Plug in a USB cube-style
changer, means you lose one socket; but for flexibiliity you can move it around to accommodate other devices
such as ac adapters, and in a pinch can pull the charger to use elsewhere, or replace easily if it quits.

I am finding USB 1 amp cubes in dollar store, if concern for higher current and quality can get something better;
should be 2.1 amp duals available fairly cheap (unless you insist on name-brand Apple, Samsung etc.)

I have a 2-5 outlet expander (actually 1-5 as only one plug is used) with nighlight which sucks. What
passes for a nightlight varies. I would not recommend this particular one, anyway it does not have USB
charger, so the gains are marginal anyway.

Using pluggable USB charger also means you can remove phantom load (however small) if that matters,
if/when it's not being used much.

If you can do with 4 sockets, can use a small plugin nightlight, many available. One I have is neon lamp
and looks like a large button.

Also you could find USB cube with built-in nightlight, still 5 sockets left.

Dave

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a 2-outlet wallplate which has a LED nightlight shining out the bottom and two USB charge ports (2.1A total) off to the side. This was at a "dollar store" which sells items for up to $4 (which this item was). As the cash lineup was absurdly long I could not get one at the time; will try to get product specifics although presence in these stores indicates it is a discontinued product or other liquidation. It might allow a regular 2 to 6 outlet expander to fit overtop. However, installation of the plate requires removing existing plate, and the new one has blades which contact the outlet connections. I did not see a ULC marking on the product so not sure about its suitability. Also, anything overtop of this new plate might block the nightlight sensor which would make it "on" all the time. Still looks to me like a regular 2 to 6 expander with a USB "cube" would be most flexible and cost-effective. Dave