No-drain wall-mounted light?

Y0ssar1an

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm looking for multiple emergency flashlights to stash around the house. Important criteria:

1) Zero parasitic drain. I need to rely on not finding them dead. Loosening the tail cap is not an acceptable substitute as I want others to be able intuitively use them without training.

2) Wall mounted. Compatible with any easily-sourced bracket such as maglite OK.

3) $30 or under (As I want at least 5)

Other than that no preference for features. I'd prefer simple mode of operation, and ability to take disposable lithium batteries for long-term storage, but not essential.

Thanks!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Boy 30 bucks kinda puts a limit as to what you can get. Best bet for that price and ease of use would be to use some of the new mag lights. Like 2D's Everyone knows how to use them. You can get a wall mount for them and can use AA lithium batteries in adapters in them.Not to sure about the drain with there new switches but have had this same setup in my van for over a year and batteries are still new.

Actually as I read what I posted you could just use some 2XAA mini mags from Maglite. Again you can use L91's for long shelf life and they make mounts for the wall. There much smaller then standard Mag lights but put out plenty of light. The problem is your set price of 30 dollars. It's not much.

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You make it sound life or death situation, but you put a price on it. I am guessing your life is worth what you pay.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the Lumintop Tool 2.0 AA. No parasitic, just a simple on/off with several modes. No wall mount per se, but has a lanyard hole so could be hung from a hook with a short loop or a regular lanyard to put on your wrist when actually using. Tail stands nicely, and comes with a slip on diffuser for nice area lighting as well. Used with AA cells absolutely no drain until used, can also use 14500 Li-Ion cell, which will have a very slight drain over time. Not enough to affect use except that if left without recharging for a very long time [think year] the cell will s l o w l y use charge. Of course, I would be checking such lights at least once a year where one could rotate freshly recharged cells. The advantage of using a 14500 cell is increased brightness available in higher modes, but as an emergency light for around the house a lithium primary AA cell should be more than adequate.
I have several, one in each pair of pants and one by my bed. Love'm

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite 2 or 3C ML25 - get some Eneloop adapters (or make your own) and run AA L91 Energizer lithiums. You can get C cell wall mounting brackets from Maglite.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not get some of the spring clips they sell for hanging rakes and such on garage walls? They just insert which ever light you would like!

ghostguy6

Enlightened
How about the Pelican 3310ELS Emergency Lighting Station. Can be found for $30 each online. They also have the added bonus of glowing in the dark so they are very easy to find. I keep one attached to my tool box at work and it always gets used by my co-workers.

Latest posts