Zebralight SC52 L2 Deep Carry Clip

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks,

I've decided to carry a ZL SC52w L2 full time (I normally carry an ITP EOS A3) and I'd like to try and track down a deep carry clip for it. I've found references to MXG clips designed for the Ontario Rat II fitting but I'd be really grateful if anybody could share their experiences or suggest alternatives.

I'm based in UK and almost definitely have the option of participating in an MXG group buy at some point (huge benefits in import and processing fees). I've also found an eBay seller "Blade4sell" that sells a variety of clips that are ZL specific (which, hopefully, will have the advantage of being purpose built) but saw some criticism of rough finishing.

Any experiences or advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Dave

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the lynch clips fit perfectly

Jrgold could better explain, he's actually done his although I don't know his model .

Also I've heard that benchmade clips fit as well

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
I think the lynch clips fit perfectly

Jrgold could better explain, he's actually done his although I don't know his model .

Also I've heard that benchmade clips fit as well

Thanks very much! I have an order due with Casey so I'll ask the question on his FB page (I think I've seen a 3 screw Spydie Delica clip used but its wasn't a perfect fit). Any specifics would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Dave

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll see if I can get ahold of JR, he's a good friend

I'm not 100% sure if the screw holes are the same distance apart across all models .

Although they do look that way .

Wick

holygeez03

Enlightened
Which Lynch Clip for the SC52? The Spyderco version? Long, Medium, or Standard/Short?

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it was for a Spyderco para 3 , that's as much as I know. I just texted him . He should respond soon

holygeez03

Enlightened
It would be nice if the Benchmade Lynch clip would fit the ZL... I think they look nicer and appear to have less holes.

Last edited:

jrgold

Enlightened
a5454d639c629875c3908e1624e07304.jpg

Sc64c Le with lynch clip for smock/ para 2. Just don't use the top third hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just ordered one of these from AliExpress for my SC62.

HTB1aJK3lBsmBKNjSZFsq6yXSVXak.jpg

In fact I've ordered the black and the stonewash versions to see what they are like.

Search for 'C10 C11 C81 titanium pocket clip'.

I've not received them yet so I can't vouch for the quality, but they are cheap enough to take a chance on.

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just what I was looking for thanks! I've an open order with Casey at the moment so I'll grab an extra clip.

Cheers

Dave

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened

Just a quick update to this thread. My LynchNW order hasn't been sent yet as I'm waiting on a 3.5 AAP but I've played around with a couple of other clips on the ZL.

One looks like a no-name eBay Ti 3 hole Spydie clip that I received on a Para 3 I recently bought. The hole spacing looks perfect for mounting on the SC52, except that the screw holes are just fractionally too small.

With that in mind, I took the stock 3 hole clip off another Para 3 and tried that with the same results, the screw holes are just a fraction too small for the ZL screws.

So, a quick question for JRGold, did you need to open up the holes on the Lynch clip?

Cheers

Dave

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
I also heard back from MXG, who confirmed that the hole spacing is the same on the bottom 2 holes on a Spydie 3 hole clip and an Ontario Rat II (the example quoted was for a PM2 clip). They couldn't comment re ZL compatibility.

Dave