NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

I was a former member but my account was purged at one point. Time got best of me- found an older ARC light body and got me wondering. Was more of a reader (learner) then, and probably will remain. We will see how long this lockdown stuff lasts. Stay healthy!

Default Re: Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Castle View Post
    I was a former member but my account was purged at one point....
    Old accounts here on CPF aren't "purged"

In any case, welcome back, however
    ... is the archimedes peak

Thanks,

I assumed that was the case as I tried to find account by email. Its possible my memory is purged

Flashaholic

I believe our Moderator is technically correct about the "purge" question, but is perhaps missing the intent of your note. As to the first point, older accounts are not deliberately purged. That noted, more than a few previously established accounts were lost when the great server crash occurred sometime in 2008 or 2009, mine among them. One day my account (opened in 2005) had 300+ posts to my name, the next day my CPF nickname and login credentials were gone. I wrote asking about this: the reply noted simply that the server crash destroyed lots of data, and there was nothing the forum could do to restore the missing bits and bytes.

Your old account may also have been a casualty of the great server crash.

But to echo archimedes sentiment, welcome back.

Yes, some unfortunate members (myself included) who were members prior to ~ late 2010 had to re-register after a major CPF database crash.

Those accounts were not purged in any intentional sense of the word, but many threads and posts were indeed lost.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Thanks-Something like this. I guess took a bit but im back