Olight i5T cu impressions.

yankees102110

Newly Enlightened
Just recieved my i5T. Probably the coolest looking flashlight that I own since its copper but I'm not really impressed with it. It does not seem much brighter at all than my i3T. My lumintop AA 2.0 blows it away with eneloops in both lights.

i5T specs aren't impressive. Never owned a Lumentop in AA that impressed me. I don't like the beam pattern or bulk. My preference is Zebralight for AA lights. Lighter, brighter, smarter, reliable, in my opinion and experience. And all without requiring a 14500 battery, just standard Eneloop or lithium primaries. And not just a little brighter or longer lasting, much brighter and much longer lasting. Of course they are three times the price. But I don't miss the extra $40 after carrying the light for a year (or even a few days).

yankees102110

Newly Enlightened
i5T specs aren't impressive. Never owned a Lumentop in AA that impressed me. I don't like the beam pattern or bulk. My preference is Zebralight for AA lights. Lighter, brighter, smarter, reliable, in my opinion and experience. And all without requiring a 14500 battery, just standard Eneloop or lithium primaries. And not just a little brighter or longer lasting, much brighter and much longer lasting. Of course they are three times the price. But I don't miss the extra $40 after carrying the light for a year (or even a few days).

I looked at the zebralight but they seemed not to have cool white and they looked too floody. I'm not a fan of neutral white and I don't care for textured reflectors. They look like well made lights though.

carrot

Flashaholic
I think the LED used in the i5T may be floodier than the one used in the i3T. I do agree that it is kind of an underwhelming light but the feel of the light and switch is nice.

Regardless, I use a 10180 in my i3T and I kinda expect that a 14500 will work great in the i5T. I saw in someone's review of the i5T that when they tested it with lithium-ions they got 1200-1500 lumens.

I looked at the zebralight but they seemed not to have cool white and they looked too floody. I'm not a fan of neutral white and I don't care for textured reflectors. They look like well made lights though.

The high CRI SC5c Mk II tint is pretty good, even for a semi-cool tint. And the the beam pattern has a very nice spot and spill pattern. It says 80/10 spill/spot. But in use the transition from spot to spill is pretty broad. Very nice light.

yankees102110

Newly Enlightened
Well after having it a few days the i5t is starting to grow on me and now find myself reaching for that instead of the lumintop. Off this topic but just recieved the Gearlight s2000 and all I can say is WOW. I love thrower lights especially in AA since I don't use lithium ion.

jtjemt

Newly Enlightened
I, too, was initially underwhelmed by the i5t. But now, having it since February, I notice that it seems to always somehow end up in my pocket, and I've yet to run the Eneloop down to nothing while running around (although I replace it regularly). I can't say the same for the i3t...