The Nitecore TM26 IS one robust light

Phil2015

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. I'm a wheelchair user and own a TM26 light. A few months ago I designed and 3D printed out a holder to go onto the side of my chair. So for the past 4 to 5 months the TM26 has been basically everywhere that I go.

I was a bit concerned that it might break during warm days, but mostly from being shaken up in the holder. It's quite a snug fit in the holder but there's still a bit of movement as I didn't want it too tight and end up scratching it. It's still going strong after being shaken up while riding through some rough fields.

So I can report that the TM26 is quite a robust light, as mine goes literally everywhere with me.
zmJdEix.jpg

wz9v3ja.jpg

Last edited:

adnj

Enlightened
Really nice.

If you ever decide that you need to tighten the fit without hampering you ability to draw the light out, you can use a bit of flocking tape. Flocking tape is used to tighten parts fit in automotive squeak and rattle prevention. I like to use it to add a little resistance to knife sheaths too.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

Phil2015

Newly Enlightened
Really nice.

If you ever decide that you need to tighten the fit without hampering you ability to draw the light out, you can use a bit of flocking tape. Flocking tape is used to tighten parts fit in automotive squeak and rattle prevention. I like to use it to add a little resistance to knife sheaths too.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

Ah I have been thinking about covering the inside with something soft because although it doesnt mark/scratch the light, it does make quite a scratchy noise when you slide the light in and out of the holder.

Plus I need to design it better so the light will slide out of the front and not the back, because at the moment I have to remove the holder from my chair when I want to take the light out of the holder

Last edited:

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
I use the TM26 very often, and I have used it for a few years. It is truly wonderful to have all the intensity it gives out, or a very low output so as to walk at nights. I love to not be worried about charging the batteries often, and I have never had any problems with its performance.

Latest posts