for the brains trust

steeles9

Newly Enlightened
i'm after a LONG range scope mount flashlight.i currently use an olight m3x which is good but i hate the green/yellow tint and i need more throw as i struggle to see rabbits above 200metres in grass.it can't weigh more than about 200 gms being scope mounted and the rifle gets the poop shaken out of it on the handle bars of my trail bike.i tried 2 javelot pros but sent them back as their run time in one minute bursts with 5 minutes cooling in COLD weather was only about 13 then it wouldn't select turbo till recharged.DEFINATELY can't have built in batteries for this reason.it MUST simply click on/off in TURBO,no 5 clicks etc,just turbo and off.also tried an acebeam t27 but it was slightly LESS range than mx3.lighter,whiter,ran full turbo but less range. i think they fudge the figures.nearly bought the acebeam w30(TOO NARROW A BEAM) or w10 but they're discontinued.obviously problems with them.fenix tk30 lep seems likely but on paper not much more range.any ideas??? cheers mike

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,
Wondering where you are, Australia?
Also wondering if you are using 2 flashlights; one with a wider field to detect the quarry, and another mounted for the shot.

steeles9

Newly Enlightened
yes australia.the bike has triple great white led spotlight bar on it and in the ute we have a great white gen 11 mounted but when i walk i set my tripod and stool up in the dark aiming at the warrens then click on the light when im ready.thats why i thought the acebeam was too tight from the beamshots i saw.

StagMoose

Enlightened
Do you have a price range in mind?

Edit: I'm coming up short on something in the weight range.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping a CPF expert can come along and try to get you as close to your parameters as possible. Seeing rabbits in the grass at 200 meters with a wide enough beam to look around at that range is a challenge for sure. That's why I mentioned having a torch for scanning and a tight hot spot for the rifle, but that may not be practical for you. Good Luck!

steeles9

Newly Enlightened
i'm commited up to $300 u.s..pretty much think it will be an lep to get the weight/performance.the fenix tk30 lep seems bout the best so far

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the Nitecore New P30 in the hunting kit. Includes light, pressure switch, rifle mount and case. The P30 has a side switch to set modes, and a tail switch for on and off. ~$159 USD.

9k=

Z

arek98

Enlightened
I think LEP is fun but seems to narrow for practical use.
Pity there are no real good throwers with TIR, IMHO TIR would give more lumen in beam when with reflector spill is all a waste in case of thrower (I don't like aspherics, you get throw sacrificing lot of output)

Maybe something custom like on Vinh website, something with SBT90 5700K should do what you need.
https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights?sort_by=created-descending

Looking at his driver manual it looks like it can be programmed to have only 100%.
Confirm it with him.
I also have no idea if and if yes how fast it steps down in particular light.
You can set timer (default in v4 driver is 10min) and temperature. You would need to ask Vinh before you decide anything.

This may be sufficient and it is tiny (for what it is)
https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/amutorch-vg10vn-compact-21700-clicky-tactical

You would need something slightly bigger for better throw and heat disipation.
https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/convoy-m21cvn-21700-heavyweight-searchlight
https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/weltool-t11vn-upscale-clicky-thrower
Convoy is 275g (from spec, I assume without battery), Weltool 240g.
They are also good throwers as they are originaly. Espetially Weltool has Osram led that has small die.

Last edited: