• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Product Announcement: NITECORE P20 v2 1100 Lumen Tactical LED Flashlight

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
NITECORE P20 v2 1100 Lumen Tactical LED Flashlight

1100 lumen max brightness at 220 yards of throw
Compact frame under 6'' in length and 1'' tube diameter​
Accepts 18650s and comes with CR123 battery sleeve​
3 programmable modes for setting preferences

Now taking pre-orders! Use coupon code CPF15OFF to save 15%

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm...

Yet another Nitecore designed to use CR123As for maximum output. At almost six inches in length it's a bit on the long side. Is there a battery spring at the head end of the tube? Probably not as they mention their special "anti-impact, reverse polarity protection mechanism" that is designed for "shooting sports". Button top cells only? The knurling seems as though it should be mentioned because of the lack of it, except that the knurling on my P20UV was basically useless and provided next to zero grip.

I'm not sure about the new dual tail switch design. Yes it's flush and makes it very easy to find the one button you need...but it probably also makes it more difficult to hit the mode button with gloves on. Heck probably even without gloves on. I'm sure some will find that to be a good thing.

As for the LED...well I guess it's acceptable, what else would they use?

Over all I guess it's a good upgrade from the original P20 but I can't say it impresses me in the slightest. An incremental upgrade. To me the original P20 had the advantage of fitting inside the same envelope as a Surefire 6P which is still one of the most compact flashlights out there. The v2 loses that advantage.