Malkoff        

Thread: Top Penlight flashlight

Default Top Penlight flashlight

Hello,

Iím looking for a good output penlight, 300-400 lumens.
    Itís needed for my job. Thing is, I need the flashlight to start from a high mode, canít be bothered with clicking through settings to reach the high mode as I have to do it few hundred times a day!!
    Could anyone please recommend something in Acebeam or Jetbeam class. Preferably rechargeable.
    Thanks in advance.
    Fenix P-10, Fenix TK10, Fenix E01, Jetbeam RRT-0, MagLite 5-D custom LED, Oracle HID, Nitecore P-25, Nitecore MH12, Acebeam K60.

Default Re: Top Penlight flashlight

Forward-clicky or Reverse-clicky? Very few choices in a Fw clicky.

My Pelican 1920 2xAAA is a high-first Fw clicky; it's a decent penlight (the best I can find) but not perfect.
    Two output modes, ~200 lumen High maybe.

Acebeam PT10-GT penlight 500 lumen rechargeable penlight

The Maratac Inspection light at County com uses standard AAA batteries and has 400 lumens. It is medium first however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes but believe it has mode memory.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic

ASP Scribe DF

"350 lumensówhile adding the benefit of Dual Fuel technology. It ships with a 10900 lithium-ion battery that recharges inside the light, or you can swap the rechargeable battery out for two readily-available AAA disposable cells if you donít have time to recharge."

Flashaholic*

Streamlight has several penlights that might do what you need.

I find no specs on the color temperature for the different LED's their offering on the Acebeam PT10-GT anybody know?
    Fenix TK50,TK41,TK40,L2D,L1D,L0D,LD01,LD41,LD20,LD15,LD1 0,LD05,HP10,HP15|ZebraLight SC51,SC62w,SC600w,SC600Fd,SC64c LE,SC700d,SC53Fc|EagleTac D25A,D25A2,MX25L3C,T25C2,D25LC2|Nitecore TM16,EAX,MT1A,MT2A,EZ AA,IFD2,T5s,D4|47's Mini AA,AA≤,"X"AA≤,Pro QPA| List of Lights

You aren't going to get more than about 250 lumens out of 2AAA non lithium ion batteries in a penlight, you have to go with at least one lithium ion battery to get 500 lumens and with a light that small it will heat up very fast. I had an Olight 2AAA penlight for awhile till it got lost after it broke the glass lens and it ran for about 40 minutes on high off 2AAA nimh batteries and the light level dropped all the time it was in that mode. I would suggest considering either a single 10440 light or try a 1AA 14500 light as even with 2 nimh AAs 500 lumens is pushing it.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

It's not a penlight, but the Lumintop GT Micro might fit the bill. It won't fit in a shirt or regular pant pocket, but a jacket or cargo pant pocket would work. Takes either a single AA or a 14500. It comes with a ramping UI, but it remembers the last setting. You can also reprogram to use a regular multi-mode UI. I even believe you could set that UI to only have a High mode.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

Current version of the 2AAA Four Sevens Preon II is worth a look. Love the fact that High mode comes on, first.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

I forgot to mention the several Lumintop IYP lights, and the Nitecore MT06 - the new version is better than the original, but it comes in two flavors - plain, and with a pupil diameter gauge printed on the side.
    I personally have owned both the IYP365 and the Nitecore MT06 and liked both. One of the main reasons is that both used the Nichia high CRI leds.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.