A table saw that will not cut your fingers...?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i bleive it uses the same technolgy the newer ipods use it senses the electricity ya body pruduces

Darell

Flashaholic
I saw a lenghthy interview with the inventor of this a few years back when I was actually in the trade. Wonder how he's doing with it.

On live video, he even used his OWN FINGER to stop the blade. Didn't even bleed much since I think it cauterized immediately. Bottom line, is that he still had his finger. It was much like the demonstrationg here. He put his finger on top of a board and shoved it through the saw.

You could probably get tough guys at amusement parks to PAY for the privelege of doing that to themselves.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I remember reading about this awhile back in a magazine. It's like raggie said, basically there's a chip somewhere that can sense when something alive has touched the blade and that activates a brake.

I also remember it saying something to the effect of "Don't expect to see this in Sears any time soon because the people in marketing at Craftsman think people would rather have more RPMs and more HP." I mean those aren't the exact words, but you get the idea.