Want A Good Flood Beam Flashlight

BR17722

Newly Enlightened
There are older threads asking a similar question but the flashlights suggested are no longer manufactured.

I'll give a description of the dimensions I think I would prefer and see if there are options from that information.

length: about 5 inches, probably not more than six inches

diameter: 1 inch to 1 1/4 inches

head diameter: prefer maximum to be 1 1/2 inches

1/4 inch or so will NOT kill a recommendation

much prefer round bodies

prefer 1 bulb only

cost: I'll consider just about anything. I don't think for a flood beam that there would be a light with a ridiculous price.

I am on crutches and would like to check for the eyes of predators when opening/closing gates on the few occasions I am out at night.

Jeritall

Enlightened
If you are on crutches and opening and closing gates, you might want to consider getting a headlamp instead of a flash light. Hands free operation, and tend to be less expensive. Wide choice of brightness, beam, and power sources.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
One LED requirement makes this beauty out of scope: https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/acebeam-tk18vn-copper-rear-switch-edc. I have ordered it with LG351D high CRI emitters. It features slightly frosted lens and it is perfect.

Here you may see its beamshot 5 yards away:
00-DB5-B7-D-15-E0-41-D1-B30-F-39-FFDED2-AD83.jpg

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's at the top of your size range, but a Malkoff 18650 Wildcat will do a good job. Plus it's built in the States like a brick outhouse, and Malkoff go out of their way to make sure you are happy with your purchase.
P

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Honestly I would get something like a surefire 6P or other host similar like those from lumens factory. There about 20-30 bucks. Then go to Malkoffs site and get the dropin you want. He has many with different outputs and tints. Then just put some DC-FIX diffuser paper on it. It will turn any light into a flood light. That's a little bit to round up and total cost would be 100? Or you can get a ready made light all put together from him and just put the film on. Be more expensive. Or if cost is a priority just go grab a 2XAA mini mag and slap the film on. Should work well for you. That film really spreads out the beam.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I am sorry, how should I do that? Does naming a web page and light model fit the rules?

Listing a brand and model number is perfectly fine, simply do not hotlink it please.

Edited example below ...

There is another non-custom made option that consumes the most utilitarian AA size batteries: ZebraLight SC53Fc

But it is sold out in many stores. At GP Knives though, it is still in stock.

See, no links ;)

BR17722

Newly Enlightened
Jeritall, my headlights are fine for the gates. I want the flashlight to look for cats eyes before I leave the pickup. A long time ago and I think it was March 2004 there were 2 rabid bobcat attacks within 100 miles of me. Probably 48 weeks a year one of my game cameras records a bobcat and this year I've recorded a mountain lion twice. I'm actually much more likely to see their eyes at night than I am to see the cat in the daytime.

peter yeoman & thermal guy, I'm glad to know about the Malkoff. I would never have found that from online searches. On the Malkoff website everything is "out of stock" at the moment. I'll call and see if they have an estimate on when they will have items in stock. The virus may make it difficult to be specific right now.

Malkoff Wildcat is the perfect name for a solution.

Thanks everybody - BR17722

BR17722

Newly Enlightened
Jeritall, in post #11 I should have stated "pickup truck" headlights. Was not thinking deeply there and I can't edit my posts. :oops:

BR17722