Surefire bulb

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Anyone have a guess as to how many years down the road It will be before factory P60/P90 become a rare item?
I mean there must still me millions out there.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
The P90's will run out far far earlier, due to those being compatible with 2x LiIon rechargeables; i.e. guilt-free lumens.

With P60's being only compatible with 2xCR123 primaries, I don't see anybody really running enough CR123's to have much effect on inventory.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that everything has gone LED it could be quite some time since not that many are poofing their P60 anymore.

True, although when I was new to CPF, and, thinking that I was a clever lad, I poofed two in a row using a 9P, THREE A14's, and five freshly charged Eneloops. 5x a nominal 1.2 equals six volts, right? Ah, you're only middle-aged once...

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It will take quite a while for them to become rare in my parts box, I'd expect

Same here.

I did poof a Laser Products P60 accidently. Dratz. I tried to see if 4 cells would fit in a 6R and inadvertantly touched tightened down the tailcap far enough to light it. It lasted about 1/2 second at whatever volts 4 123's threw at it. (10.4-ish?)
Later it made a mighty fine host for a 3200 Yugi though.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I blew a Laser Products R30! Paid like 25 bucks for it.Was playing around with some other bulbs and somehow stuck it in a 6P with 2 X16340's!! Poor guy didn't stand a chance.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well I wasn't happy. Kept it around for months after that. Liked that it had red lettering on it lmao.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not everything is P60! There are other Surefire lamps, you insensitive 3P/6P/9P clods!

Nbv7YSL_d.jpg
P5M4beM_d.jpg
RjxreEh_d.jpg
MTcdeJc_d.jpg
31mzFOv_d.jpg
LA24CC4_d.jpg
H9hzh34_d.jpg

How did that P60 lamp get in there? :shrug:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's unfortunate that there are so few (any?) options for appropriate rechargeable cell configurations for the MN02 and MN03. I have a Fivemega 3xAA C-head that works with the P60 and P61, but if there was ever a custom 3xAA E-head body that would have worked with the MN02/MN03, I'm unaware of it.

Last edited:

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
The MN01 can be driven off 2AA if one is fortunate enough to have a Surefire E2L AA Outdoorsman. I have to think this would be a very [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]pleasant, fun little [/FONT]setup to use.

Will the Malkoff 2AA bodies accept an incan E series head and incan lamp, and function properly?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not everything is P60! There are other Surefire lamps, you insensitive 3P/6P/9P clods!

How did that P60 lamp get in there? :shrug:

That's not an entirely accurate representation of those lamps. The MN02 also came in a dark blue base, the MN03 in tan base, the MN10 in an orange base (MN11 pink). I believe the MN16 may have had a purple version, though I can't remember for certain right now off the top of my head. The P61 has a few variations out there, some with frosted bulbs and some without, some are marked Laser Products, and some Surefire. Most of the unfrosted ones are marked Laser Products, and most of the frosted ones are marked Surefire.

The MN01 can be driven off 2AA if one is fortunate enough to have a Surefire E2L AA Outdoorsman. I have to think this would be a very [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]pleasant, fun little [/FONT]setup to use.

Great setup, been using that for years.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
I think some certain models of those old colored bulbs are notorious for exploding in the head. Can't remember which one's, or if it was just one.

EDIT: To clarify, it was an M-Series bulb.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The MN01 can be driven off 2AA if one is fortunate enough to have a Surefire E2L AA Outdoorsman. I have to think this would be a very pleasant, fun little setup to use.

Will the Malkoff 2AA bodies accept an incan E series head and incan lamp, and function properly?

I run the MN01 using my Malkoff 2AA biody. Works fine. Usinfg Eneloops, of course, and will run with primary AA's

Bill

Last edited: