FourSevens        

Thread: Surefire bulb

Default Surefire bulb

Anyone have a guess as to how many years down the road It will be before factory P60/P90 become a rare item?
    I mean there must still me millions out there.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Default Re: Surefire bulb

Now that everything has gone LED it could be quite some time since not that many are poofing their P60 anymore.
    John 3:16

It will take quite a while for them to become rare in my parts box, I'd expect
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Now that everything has gone LED it could be quite some time since not that many are poofing their P60 anymore.
    You know never thought of it like that before. Your probably right.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

The P90's will run out far far earlier, due to those being compatible with 2x LiIon rechargeables; i.e. guilt-free lumens.

With P60's being only compatible with 2xCR123 primaries, I don't see anybody really running enough CR123's to have much effect on inventory.

I could probably use a few more P90, but I'm pretty good on P60
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    With P60's being only compatible with 2xCR123 primaries, I don't see anybody really running enough CR123's to have much effect on inventory.
    It is also possible to use P60 powering up by 4 AA Eneloops but ofcource in larger body.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    True, although when I was new to CPF, and, thinking that I was a clever lad, I poofed two in a row using a 9P, THREE A14's, and five freshly charged Eneloops. 5x a nominal 1.2 equals six volts, right? Ah, you're only middle-aged once...
    Last edited by novice; 05-24-2020 at 01:09 AM.

You mean when you were novice to flashlights there uh, novice?

I see what you did there 😁

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    It will take quite a while for them to become rare in my parts box, I'd expect
    Same here.

I did poof a Laser Products P60 accidently. Dratz. I tried to see if 4 cells would fit in a 6R and inadvertantly touched tightened down the tailcap far enough to light it. It lasted about 1/2 second at whatever volts 4 123's threw at it. (10.4-ish?)
    Later it made a mighty fine host for a 3200 Yugi though.

I blew a Laser Products R30! Paid like 25 bucks for it.Was playing around with some other bulbs and somehow stuck it in a 6P with 2 X16340ís!! Poor guy didnít stand a chance.
    Last edited by thermal guy; 05-30-2020 at 02:58 AM.

Poofed an R30? A $25 R30? I believe I would have cried.

R30's are pretty scarce. R60's aren't common either but seemingly not as scarce as R30's.

Well I wasnít happy. Kept it around for months after that. Liked that it had red lettering on it lmao.